• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Florida Bill Would Make It a Crime for Minors to Post Pictures of Guns on Social Media

MaverickNH

NES Member
Florida Bill Would Make It a Crime for Minors to Post Pictures of Guns on Social Media

Introduced a few weeks by Florida state senator Jason Pizzo:

(1) A minor who posts or publishes a picture of a firearm, a BB gun, an air or a gas-operated gun, or a device displayed to resemble a firearm to a social media page, post, profile, or account that is openly viewable to the public commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable [by up to a year in jail or a fine of up to $1000].

(2)(a) Any parent or guardian of a minor, or other adult responsible for the welfare of a minor, if the minor possesses a firearm in violation of this section, may, if the court finds it appropriate, be required to participate in classes on parent education which are approved by the Department of Juvenile Justice, upon the first conviction of the minor. Upon any subsequent conviction of the minor, the court may, if the court finds it appropriate, require the parent to attend further parent education classes or render community service hours together with the child.

(3) Any firearm that is possessed or used by a minor in violation of this section shall be promptly seized by a law enforcement officer and disposed of ....

This is an obvious First Amendment violation...”

What's next, not being able to purchase a firearm as an adult?

I don't want people like this running my country.

It does seem like our Constitution is inconvenient for some people.

Maybe it is fashionable to throw "shite" in the constitution when running for election or pushing for legislation, maybe it is just plain irresponsible.
It is time to vote these folks out. Keep our message simple. Vote them out. Vote them out resoundingly.
If we don't, eventually, they will actually erode our constitutional rights.
Wait, they already are.

What's next, not being able to purchase a firearm as an adult? ..YES

I don't want people like this running my country. too late

170228212855-11-trump-joint-address-congress-0228-exlarge-169.jpg

7a227335-05eb-4dfa-949a-b96157b14bb5.jpeg

Last edited:
There are many reenactors in Florida. They do all time periods. Civil War, WW2, Rev War, etc. If they post a pic of them doing an impression, it will be punishable?

There are many reenactors in Florida. They do all time periods. Civil War, WW2, Rev War, etc. If they post a pic of them doing an impression, it will be punishable?
If you ask this question to the people proposing the law, they will probably say "NO" ... however, it will be left vague on purpose so they can pick and choose. Like the Massachusetts laws.

Introduced a few weeks by Florida state senator Jason Pizzo:

(1) A minor who posts or publishes a picture of a firearm, a BB gun, an air or a gas-operated gun, or a device displayed to resemble a firearm to a social media page, post, profile, or account that is openly viewable to the public commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable [by up to a year in jail or a fine of up to $1000].

(2)(a) Any parent or guardian of a minor, or other adult responsible for the welfare of a minor, if the minor possesses a firearm in violation of this section, may, if the court finds it appropriate, be required to participate in classes on parent education which are approved by the Department of Juvenile Justice, upon the first conviction of the minor. Upon any subsequent conviction of the minor, the court may, if the court finds it appropriate, require the parent to attend further parent education classes or render community service hours together with the child.

(3) Any firearm that is possessed or used by a minor in violation of this section shall be promptly seized by a law enforcement officer and disposed of ....

This is an obvious First Amendment violation...”

Won’t pass. Unconstitutional, freedom of speech violation.

So when the middle School does the police station field trip and they do a touch a gun segment but one of the kids Snapchats a picture, they the cops would have to confiscate the gun.

Where there is a stupid law and a will, there's a way.

Air gun? You mean that thing that I used to buy on my own at 7yo back in Russia? The thing that my grandfather used to shoot at me for shits and giggles? Senator Pizzo is a pussy lol
Why are you comparing this to Russia? Don’t you know that this is a FREE country?

This guy’s a peach:

SB 1122: Licenses to Carry Concealed Weapons or Firearms
GENERAL BILL by Pizzo

Licenses to Carry Concealed Weapons or Firearms; Reducing the number of years that such licenses are valid; requiring that certain persons successfully demonstrate firearms proficiency through a specified course to obtain a license; providing course requirements, etc.

Effective Date: 7/1/2019
Last Action: 3/5/2019 Senate - Introduced -SJ 118
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
Senate Committee References:
  1. Judiciary (JU)
  2. Criminal Justice (CJ)
  3. Rules (RC)

I had my CCW in Florida and it was good for 5 years, and you didn’t have to take the course before renewal. What period does this asshat want the license valid for? A week?

Back
Top Bottom