• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Florida Bill Would Make It a Crime for Minors to Post Pictures of Guns on Social Media

Despite the obvious 1A violations... this is how "progressives" could end up winning the gun control war. They've tried very hard, and been mostly successful at eliminating firearms from large parts of American culture. Ironically not at all from the gang and street culture where the majority of crime comes from... but anyway, just look at how guns and firearms were treated even in urban and suburban areas 30-40 years ago. The NRA is doing a decent job bringing it back some places, but not a decent enough job.

Congratulations, Pizz!
Another fine solution to a problem that doesn't exist!

Of course, we know they're not the slightest bit interested in reducing crime. If they were, they'd do something radical; like...focusing on criminals!
It's just one more "progressive" step towards making guns seem evil.
Poison people's minds with this crap enough, and maybe they'll start to believe it.
Too bad we Americans can't figure out a way to counter this attack by presenting gun ownership in a positive light.
Not purely as a means of self defense, but in general.
Something that families can do together, etc.
Oh. That's right. They're not so big on families either.
I don't know. I'm just sick of being told that there's something wrong with us, when we all know we're not the problem.
And since they're more organized, more vocal, and have the power of the media on their side, it sure feels like we're in the vast minority, and that freedom's days are numbered.

Barry

How could they prove the picture was taken and posted while the child was in Florida?
Exactly why Britney Spears was not prosecuted after she was photographed by paparazzi, driving her SUV with small children not properly secured in car seats. California Highway Patrol could not prove that she was actually driving in California when the photo was taken.

let’s Pass a law that can’t be enforced or will be selectively enforced and fund it with tax payers dollars.. and when it fails pass more laws and waste more money on it and end up with the same result.... non compliance....

Covers most laws

I think you missed the part about the gun being possessed or used by the minor.
Nope, not at all.

Because when I wrote that I was convinced that
it's a lead-pipe cinch that far too many of the scenarios
where the bill proponents want to punish the minor and confiscate the gun
require unconscionable definitions of "possess" and/or "use".

Gun grabbers would quickly prosecute accordingly.

At which point the reduction to absurdity becomes possible.

I thought Florida was a free state. Hmmm.

Next they'll hire Eddie Money to be in charge of the Dream Police.

2vnxg4.jpg
Or if I may translate to Ancient Greek...
2vyuu3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom