Flashback: Man Steals Plane And Strafes Boston With An AK

Actually remember this very well. Was walking around Castle Island that night watching the troopers drive around the Sugar Bowl [smile]

He was a Postal Worker at the BOSTON GMF(South Station). How do i know? I work there now but after that "incident".
There's still bullet holes near the Platform Doors.
The stories i heard of him are sick(kiddie stuff).

To start, they would:

• immediately declare martial law in Boston
  • T would shut down
  • logan would be closed
  • tall buildings would evacuate
  • the entire airspace of new england would be closed
  • the air force would scramble a half dozen planes
  • swat teams would get so horny they'd go straight to pet stores and kennels

then....

WAAAYYYY MOOAAARRRR gun laws!

totally agree[rofl]

I remember this incident well, I was working the overnights back then, towing on the Central Artery for the Metro Police.
(how many remember the MDC Police before they merged with the State, Capitol and Registry ?)
I heard it all live on the scanners while it was happening, and watching the cruisers racing around the city like maniacs.
However, I didn't actually see the plane or hear any of the shots myself.

Metro%20Police%20Selective%20Enforcement%201992.JPG

He was a Postal Worker at the BOSTON GMF(South Station). How do i know? I work there now but after that "incident".
There's still bullet holes near the Platform Doors.
The stories i heard of him are sick(kiddie stuff).

Got pics?

My uncle was a mechanic at pan am at the time. I remember him saying he had to check the airplanes for bullet holes

To start, they would:

• immediately declare martial law in Boston
  • T would shut down
  • logan would be closed
  • tall buildings would evacuate
  • the entire airspace of new england would be closed
  • the air force would scramble a half dozen planes
  • swat teams would get so horny they'd go straight to pet stores and kennels

then....

WAAAYYYY MOOAAARRRR gun laws!

...and applications for surplus F-16s for local police departments, but we'll settle for Stinger missiles.

To start, they would: [*]immediately declare martial law in Boston [*]T would shut down [*]logan would be closed [*]tall buildings would evacuate [*]the entire airspace of new england would be closed [*]the air force would scramble a half dozen planes [*]swat teams would get so horny they'd go straight to pet stores and kennels then.... WAAAYYYY MOOAAARRRR gun laws!

I think the DOD would have shot him down as soon as he was safely over water.

I remember this incident well, I was working the overnights back then, towing on the Central Artery for the Metro Police.
(how many remember the MDC Police before they merged with the State, Capitol and Registry ?)
I heard it all live on the scanners while it was happening, and watching the cruisers racing around the city like maniacs.
However, I didn't actually see the plane or hear any of the shots myself.

Metro%20Police%20Selective%20Enforcement%201992.JPG

Most corrupt police force.

Even the picture of that cruiser sent a chill down my spine. The Mets were not to be f***ed with back in the day.

I know quite few old Mets, most of them are retired now, and I've heard some great stories from "the good old days".
One retired Met told me of when he caught a kid stealing a car.
The kid was in the drivers seat trying to break the steering column with a screwdriver when the cop approached him. He yanked the kid out of the car, stood him up, spun him around and then slammed the car door on the kids hand.
The kid shows up in court, with his broken hand in a cast, and cries to the judge "look what that cop did to me".
The judge replied "well, it looks like you won't be stealing any more cars for awhile".

[rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

This happened 25 years ago in MA, so I am estimating that he's been out of prison for at least 15 years....

Don't remember this at all, but I was only 14 at the time and not paying any attention to the news. Googled the name to read a little more and found this

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/ma-supreme-judicial-court/1196647.html

On May 9, 1989, the defendant went to his wife's apartment.2  The couple's five year old son answered the door.   The defendant sent the boy to his room.   Loud arguing was overheard.   The victim was then heard pleading, “Oh, please don't.   Don't do it.”   Using a semi-automatic assault rifle, the defendant shot the victim, paused, and then shot her again.   A neighbor found the victim and called police.   She also discovered the couple's son.   He told her, “My daddy just shot my mommy.”On arrival a few minutes after the shooting, the police found the victim's body lying face down in a pool of blood so substantial that the blood had seeped through the floor and pooled on the basement floor.   The victim had seven gunshot wounds to the chest, head, and both wrists.   She had been shot three times in the front of her body, and once in the temple as she lay on the floor.   She was shot at close range and each of the  wounds to the head and torso was fatal.   The wounds to her wrists were described as defensive-type wounds.

Fairly messed up, at least the kid wasn't shot

Interesting watching the news clip. Looks like they apprehended him right next to a Delta 727, or at least his stolen Cessna was parked there. I worked in Terminal C at that time. While I remember this story, can't say I recall him being arrested right where I worked!

wow I remember this too and as I recall there was some concern that he would shoot the huge LNG tanks by DYC (there were 2 at that time) or crash into one and essentially nuke the boston metro area. Someone figured out that a bullet wouldn't penetrate them though.

I vaguely remember this. It was before social media and it was a news item for a couple of days. Ban private planes!!

Guy is still in prison. One appeal was allowed and he was retried. Found guilty (again) of first degree murder. His son, who told his neighbor “My daddy just shot my mommy” would be 38 years old now. I wonder how screwed up he is.

I remember my dad saying he was crazy to fly under the bridge at night.
The gunfire from the plane was mot much of a point to my dad.
I was Sr in HS and only remember it because my dad brought it up.

Yup, he was a Postal worker. I worked there, but before 89. Told by a fellow employee, he was trying to shoot his supervisor on the platform of the South Postal Annex.

Ever try to fly a plane and shoot a rifle out of it? When I was flying I would sometimes rent a C150 Aerobat. Those have/had pins on the doors that you could pull to jettison the door if you had to jump out. Without the door it would be easier to spread lead around the area. Wonder if that's what he had?

I worked many a'night shift on a bldg off of South Station. 16th floor. Nice view of the SE X-way. I didn't work night shift that night. The guys that did said they watched it all go down. They were wondering what this dolt was doing, then turned on the news and OMG'd it all.

That was a funny time. One of the night shift guys was a bit hyper. Twice a month we'd have to work overnight to print reports. Sit around and watch a printer. (Keep in mind this is when they were continuous form. We had a burster/trimmer in the back room to make them into real reports. 2,000 page box at a time. I think 5 boxes would be required. It'd run from about midnight til 7am.). Anyhow, he'd get bored and we'd drive around Boston while the printer was printing. Watch the pros solicit the johns and such. Funny time. It's any wonder we didn't get shot or something. He had an LTD Wagon. We HAD to look like a couple of cops. I was 20. ROFL!

Back
Top Bottom