Flashback: Man Steals Plane And Strafes Boston With An AK

Interesting watching the news clip. Looks like they apprehended him right next to a Delta 727, or at least his stolen Cessna was parked there. I worked in Terminal C at that time. While I remember this story, can't say I recall him being arrested right where I worked!

Who did you work for? I worked for USPS at Logan back then.

Ever try to fly a plane and shoot a rifle out of it? When I was flying I would sometimes rent a C150 Aerobat. Those have/had pins on the doors that you could pull to jettison the door if you had to jump out. Without the door it would be easier to spread lead around the area. Wonder if that's what he had?
There is a guy in FL? that has a YouTube channel with flying and shooting. Found one where he is shooting an MP5 or something similar with a giggle switch out of his airplane.

I was in Beverly High School at the time, the plane was stolen from Beverly Airport, it was a a big news story then, locally and nationally. years before Columbine or 9/11
I remember him being a postal worker and thinking thats where the saying "going postal " comes from? There seemed to be a lot of postal workers going crazy and committing crimes then?

Back
Top Bottom