• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fishing season is coming.....

Prepping the boat, serviced the outdrives and water pumps, gotta rebuild the carbs and Im good to go. Ive heard reports of Macks in the bay, time to fill the bait freezer! I sure hope gas is decent this year or Ill be spending alot of time at the fish market! Mabye ill get some weight on my Commercial bass permit this year.....

Last edited:
....who's getting ready? Anything new for this year? This year is tuna, tuna, and more tuna. I'm tempted to give up on groundfish all together when the tuna come.

Macs are around.
...so I purchased a 2012 Yamaha 4-Stroke outboard and I'm in the process of rigging my new striper skiff......all whacked out!

Got out of work at noon today just peeled the cover off the old chriscraft. Should be in the water Friday evening. Cant wait im having withdrawrals due to no ice fishing this past winter to keep me on an even keel.

Just put on an led spreader light, kinda rigged it in the anchor light pole but it will work until I get my radar arch together! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334881270.693086.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334881316.827840.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was out this morning doing some freshwater, we had better luck in open water vs the shore, caught a chain pickerel that was atleast 20", and a few tiny bass. My dad pulled a bobber and some line someone had cut that was stuck in some weeds and there was a live crappie on the end of it [thinking]

Quabbin

Untitled.jpg

hmm, pic failed

Last edited:
Found this guy today while fishing off a bridge, someone caught him on a shiner and he wrapped himself around the branch. Im guessing they were scared of snakes so cut the line and left him for dead on some rocks. We cut the hook and untangled him but he wasnt going to make it.

photobucket-5040-1335103759551.jpg

Fished on tuna.com from the tv show wicked tuna yesterday. Plenty of cod and haddock on southern jeffs. Hopefully my boat goes in this weekend.

This is probably only about half of the arsenal. I love the old Curados (and Chronarchs)--probably have a dozen of them; all left hand reel including a Japanese Scorpion. My favorite at the moment, though is the little red Daiwa on the blue St Croix in the foreground. Got half of them restrung this afternoon. My wife thinks I'm nuts.

I used braid on all my commercial
saltwater stuff forever, started usin it on my freshwater gear a few years ago and haven't looked back. Plus no need to re-spool your lines every year. I tie a double uni knot to some 8lb fluorocarbon to act as a shock absorber.... PowerPro, FTW!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nice catch man!

havent gone much yet, but that will change once finals end. This is what my friend from Pakistan caught the other day. Not the biggest we've gotten, but the biggest this year so far.

521789_10150763418038608_668943607_9355511_784984200_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom