Fishing season is coming.....

Pretty slow at the ditch today. Highlight was seeing the herring go upstream.
Some of the guys said they were slamming them yesterday at the herring run, nothing today.

Havnt made it out in over a week [angry] Going to try for wesday, as long as its not pouring im going out.

motivational-pics-9.jpg

I'm going to head down to the ditch one of the days this week and throw some sluggos and see if I get lucky.

Forum Running

45collector said:
1st Striper of the season. I pulled this 39.5" beauty out of Cape Cod Bay Saturday evening using chunk mackerel. She fought like a tugboat.

Nice! I was hammering schoolies in Plymouth last night. Birds were working as far as you could see down the beach and fish were breaking less than 30 yards offshore. Landed six 15"-20" fish and had a bunch more come off before bringing them in. I was hoping there'd be some monsters amongst the youngins but if there were, they avoided my rig. Had fun either way and that's what matters.

45collector said:
1st Striper of the season. I pulled this 39.5" beauty out of Cape Cod Bay Saturday evening using chunk mackerel. She fought like a tugboat.

NICE fish!

Forum Running

I love black bass about as much as striper!

I don't know about everyone else but I try to avoid bluefish whenever I can. I realize they're a great fight and fun to catch, but I have no interest in eating those little devils. Strange, because I love going out on the kayak and catching largemouth if I'm on freshwater, yet I won't eat them either. I guess it's because I've never had my finger nearly bitten off by a bass. :/

we've been doing well with the tautog in RI spearfishing the past few days, too bad the visibility is pretty murky. saw my first bass of the season last weekend.

we've been doing well with the tautog in RI spearfishing the past few days, too bad the visibility is pretty murky. saw my first bass of the season last weekend.

Red Top Sporting goods down the Cape has had some really nice weigh in's already. From the ditch too!
You should be seeing some porkers around you.

Just got home from a few hours of fishing at Scusset. Saw one keeper caught but it wasn't on my line...

I think I need to move closer to the ocean. Driving an hour each way is kind of a pain in the ass.

hit up the brickyard in bridgewater and houghtons pond in milton today.
got this bad boy at the brickyard. Roughly 3.5-4 lbs. the picture doesnt really do it justice, i took it really quick. this thing was a hog.

576459_3208784018784_1241700078_32158315_2003021560_n.jpg

Nice fish...I've got to start getting out.
I'm looking for the best 12v trolling motor for 100.00
Die hard, Exide,? Type of Marine battery and recomondations.

The big bass (and trout ) love these overcast days...

Nice fish...I've got to start getting out.
I'm looking for the best 12v trolling motor for 100.00
Die hard, Exide,? Type of Marine battery and recomondations.

The big bass (and trout ) love these overcast days...

oh yeah, i woke up that morning and saw the sky and knew i had to fish. i wish i had more luck at Houghtons pond though, i heard that place is really good for bass and pickerel.

Roped in another one last night! I'm taking a break from fishing until the weekend though. Our spot is over half an hour's drive from my house. So leaving the beach at 10:30ish, dropping friends and their gear off, driving to the shop to air the tires back up and wash the undercarriage, driving home, filleting and bagging the fish, taking a shower and going to bed... 1 a.m. I'm friggin tired at work and it's only 9! I think next year I'm going to take a week off whenever the Big Boys start hitting the bay. I'll definitely be taking a week off for beginning of deer season in the Fall.

CHAPIN5-14-12003.jpg

Hit the west end this morning from 4:15-8:15, didn't get a bump, hit nothing. About 5 others fishing at various points and didn't see any action. Going to try again sometime this week.

Forum Running

A few trucks parked along the canal Sunday morning. Hope that a few larger fish will move through the East end soon. Barnstable has a mix of keepers with most in the 32" to 36" range.

i need to fish the canal sometime. never caught a striper before.

[shocked] Some guys like fishing just for the fun of it, and throw anything they catch back. Some guys are strictly there to put a filet on their dinner plate. I'm a mix I guess. If I'm saltwater fishing I'm going for stripers or seabass because I love to eat both. If I'm freshwater fishing it's mostly because I'm out on my kayak for the excersize and the fishing is just secondary. Have you ever had a nice grilled or baked striper filet? Shit's the BEST.

hoping to get some freshwater fishing in tonight or tomorrow night after work. need to top these guys that I caught a couple weeks ago on back to back days
4-16-12, 5ish.JPG
4-15-12, 5-7.JPG

I was looking at the work schedule , most likely will get back down to the Canal this time next week. If anyone wants to meet up for some am fishing let me know. I fished with 45Collector last year but didn't get lucky, but damn might have to again soon he is slamming them lately![bow]

I need to buy a canal setup and surf setup, the move closer to the cape... sounds simple enough

my first 2 tautog of 2012 on video, snap shooting them in the murky vis is tough, i.e. the lame shot placement and need to resort to dispatch by blade haha. this video is pretty lame but you get the idea

[video=facebook;10150905462842018]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150905462842018[/video]

bass videos to come this weekend hopefully...

Last edited:
day 3 of commercial black bass season. Raining like a MF but the big boys were hopping on!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337171787.067529.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking at the work schedule , most likely will get back down to the Canal this time next week. If anyone wants to meet up for some am fishing let me know. I fished with 45Collector last year but didn't get lucky, but damn might have to again soon he is slamming them lately![bow]

I have pretty much given up on trying to fish the canal unless I go with someone who knows what they're doing there. I have been fishing the spot where I caught those two for over 10 years. It's a good spot.

Back
Top Bottom