• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fishing season is coming.....

45collector said:
I have pretty much given up on trying to fish the canal unless I go with someone who knows what they're doing there. I have been fishing the spot where I caught those two for over 10 years. It's a good spot.

The more I learn about fishing the canal the more confusing it seems to get. Plus, it feels like you have to be in some secret society to get any truthful info from anyone down there. Either no one has seen anything, or they've "heard" all the fish are as far away from where you're standing as possible.

The challenge is what keeps me going back though...

hit up the brickyard in bridgewater and houghtons pond in milton today.
got this bad boy at the brickyard. Roughly 3.5-4 lbs. the picture doesnt really do it justice, i took it really quick. this thing was a hog.

576459_3208784018784_1241700078_32158315_2003021560_n.jpg

Time to buy a scale, you are lucky if that fish went 2 pounds not 4....

didnt know your eyes had scales built in. i mean, how else would you know how much my fish weighed.
5 years as president of the oldest bass fishing club in the state tends to make one very familiar with what a 2 lb bass looks like vs a 4 pounder. Your fish isnt even close to 3 lbs, nevermind 4 lbs. It is painfully obvious to anyone who has weighed thousands of fish over the last decade.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337737472.855321.jpg Slow pick today, but I did manage a 5 lb sea bass and a 4 lb fluke. The bass will pay for the jig I lost to the school of bluefish that passed through.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Hunting" stripers... I love it. Never done it before but if I had the time and resources to get into a new hobby, spearfishing, I would absolutely do it. Nice shot by the way!

it is a total blast. more addicting than anything else i do. the only thing i can compare it to, is bowhunting for deer, underwater and on a strict time limit of one breath. the adrenaline rush is insane. its really hard to calm yourself down the first few times you do it. me being such a wimp especially, i think it took the first 2 years of me diving to not picture the scene in jaws of quint getting eaten every time i was down haha. now it just adds to the thrill haha. i will have a short compilation video of this years first couple dives with my go pro in a little bit.

i only shoot 3 fish in this vid, one of the clips you've seen, the rest of it is just video of the great visibility we had on the one day and me screwing around with iMovie. anyone who has seen jaws will recognize the soundtrack haha

[video=youtube_share;Rg1eAUrUte8]http://youtu.be/Rg1eAUrUte8[/video]

That spearfishing looks intense! I just caught a couple of shows recently on the Outdoor channel, where they were diving @ Sea of Cortez. Which New England states permit spearfishing?

All, RI and NY are the only ones that allow spearing of striped bass, but there are plenty of other better eating fish out there

Back
Top Bottom