First post - Hello everyone

djo

Hi everyone, this is my first of hopefully many posts to come. Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I am "new-again" to shooting. I used to go shooting from time to time with my friend and his parents when I was a kid. About 20 years had passed since I last fired a handgun when I took a trip to Manchester Firing Line two weeks ago. A few days later I was at Bobs in Salisbury. Those two days were so much fun, can't believe it took me so long!

Next on my list of things to do is to sign up and attend a class so that I can apply for my LTC. Any recommendations on where to take the class? I found some local places but a recommendation is always helpful.

In the meantime, if anyone in my area wants to go shooting and teach me a thing or two, let me know. Anxious to learn and have fun.

Thanks in advance
--Dan

Hi, djo, and welcome to the forum. Sorry, but I can't help with any personal recomendations for a class, but if you look up at the header at the top of the page you should see a blinking ad (Mass Firearms School) offering instruction for new shooters.

Best wishes to you!

Last edited:
Welcome! I took my class at Andover Sportsman’s Club and it was excellent. I am sure you are going to get a lot more recommendations for you to choose from, the important thing is that you take the class, get you LTC and go broke like the rest of us. O and you need to become a green member too, then you will be really broke.[cheers]

VOTE ON TUESDAY!!!! Then get everything else in motion. Go green and sign up for the Snowman shoot in February. Welcome to the Forum, feel free to ask questions, we're here to help. And oh yeah, did I mention VOTE ON TUESDAY!!

Gunner30

I'm GREEN!

Yes, will be voting for Scott on Tuesday for sure!

Last edited:
Hey Dan, the Gun Owners Action League offers the best classes around, and they come with a one year membership if memory serves.

Hi Dan,
A&G Guns in Lowell runs classes frequently. In fact, they even teach some of them at the Littleton Sportsman Club (littletonsportsmanclub.org), where I'm a member.

A&G Guns & Ammo
164 Andover Street
Lowell, MA 01852-2349
(978) 452-8450

Jim

Back
Top Bottom