First Custom 1911 Completed

VERY interested in a range report.

Not to bash a local guy, but I've heard good and bad things about remsport, so I'd love to hear how that thing runs (for $2k). If you put 500-1000 rounds through it will no problems, I'll be very impressed (and jealous).

It was months in the making trying to decide the colors and style of parts that I wanted to go with. Though I still think I am going to swap out the grips to something blacker/darker, current grips look a little goofy on there.

How much darker can you get???

I agree 100% with the magazine comment, I will be getting a couple of flush fit magazines the one pictured is a 10 round. The guide rod is a two piece to help with getting it apart easier, its damn tight.

I did think of the bobtail but didn't have any experience with them and wasn't sure if I would like it or not.

My reasoning on the guide rod: if you are ever going to carry this (which since it's a 1911, should be carried :)) a two piece guide rod makes one-handed drills difficult. If you're going to just use it for a range gun, it's not an issue, but any type of competition or real life it may make a difference.

If it was 45ACP I'd tell you to send me a mailing address, I have plenty of extra magazines that I make available for loaners for people sometimes; basically I know they work 100% in my DW PM7, so if you were having problems that may be mag related, I have "good loaners". But since your 9mm, can't help you there.

Back
Top Bottom