• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

First Custom 1911 Completed

See the attached pictures of my first custom 1911:
  • Remsport Commander Frame
  • Remsport 9mm Slide (lets keep the 9mm hating to a minimum)
  • Remsport Barrel and Linkage
  • 90% Ed Brown Parts
  • 10% Wilson Parts
  • Graphite Black Cerakote on Slide
  • Sniper Grey Cerakote

Lou from Business End Customs did all the Cerakoting and gun fitting/assembly. I would recommend Lou to anyone looking to have work done; very meticulous work, quick turn around times, and all at a great price.

DSC_0079.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC_0084.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC_0086.jpg
[/IMG]

Dan

It was months in the making trying to decide the colors and style of parts that I wanted to go with. Though I still think I am going to swap out the grips to something blacker/darker, current grips look a little goofy on there.

Don't feel obligated, but would you mind sharing how much you're into it for, fully completed? If you're not comfortable, that's fine too.

Thanks.

Personal opinion:
It would be nicer with a flush fitting magazine, a standard GI style guide rod instead of the full length and cut the bottom rear corner off the thing (Look for Ed Brown Bobtail :))

Other than that, if it's what you wanted, just go shoot the sucker and enjoy the heck out of it, that's what I'd do.

Personal opinion:
It would be nicer with a flush fitting magazine, a standard GI style guide rod instead of the full length and cut the bottom rear corner off the thing (Look for Ed Brown Bobtail :))

Other than that, if it's what you wanted, just go shoot the sucker and enjoy the heck out of it, that's what I'd do.

I agree 100% with the magazine comment, I will be getting a couple of flush fit magazines the one pictured is a 10 round. The guide rod is a two piece to help with getting it apart easier, its damn tight.

I did think of the bobtail but didn't have any experience with them and wasn't sure if I would like it or not.

Back
Top Bottom