Fired a P365 Today

Yeah, the 365 has had a rash of broken firing pins that some are blaming on the striker drag you show. From what I could gather the firing pins are MIM manufactured. There have also been a lot of dead triggers caused by trigger spring failures. I think I'd wait this out if I were to buy a P365 which I'm not anyway; love my 9mm Shields.

At this point I'm probably going to kick my plans out another year. Don't really need one of these things, my G43 and G26 (and all of its other glock siblings) suit me just fine.

-Mike

Yeah, the 365 has had a rash of broken firing pins that some are blaming on the striker drag you show. From what I could gather the firing pins are MIM manufactured. There have also been a lot of dead triggers caused by trigger spring failures. I think I'd wait this out if I were to buy a P365 which I'm not anyway; love my 9mm Shields.
Tons of dead triggers. Imagine needing it and that happened at the wrong time

Tons of dead triggers. Imagine needing it and that happened at the wrong time

This happened with the G42s when they came out, but it was fixed rather rapidly. Also, in practice, under live fire, mine always reset. The only time I ended up with a dead trigger on my G42 was on a dry fire, a re rack would not reset the trigger unless you did it a few times. I think the recoil from the gun firing shook
it loose so it never happened in real-world use. Through a friend I had my 42 looked at by a Glock rep/armorer and he replaced the trigger bar and gave me a free magazine for my trouble.

-Mike

At this point I'm probably going to kick my plans out another year. Don't really need one of these things, my G43 and G26 (and all of its other glock siblings) suit me just fine.

-Mike
A good idea, and what I was planning to do all along. I saw this one an couldn't pass it up out of morbid curiosity. I am weak.
I'm going to keep shooting this and beating on it to see what happens. I've already switched back to carrying my g43. In a year I'll see how p365 production goes and might pick up another one and keep this one as a beater/practice gun.

Back
Top Bottom