Fired a P365 Today

It was an excellent gun. The grip felt great for a small carry gun. The felt recoil was less than a Shield or a G43. Pinky mag helps also. My friend ran 100 rds through, not a hiccup. I fired 20 rds through, very accurate, sights are really nice on this gun. Gun is actually smaller than a 43 but a bit wider being a double stack.

I don't want to hijack your thread but is the P365 an American design or was it designed by the parent company?

Have they stopped exploding? I want to get one, just waiting for gen 3. Funny how with any new Sig, people have to say if they got through 100 rounds without it exploding.

When theyre more readily available I'll get one for myself. Although I must say they are extremely comfortable to shoot, handle and carry (all of 5 mins worth I did)

The SR9C'S has a very light trigger and if you put a light touch of wd40 on the trigger spring with a q-tip, it's outrageous, but the 938 is just plain sexy and for me, it's functioned flawlessy for 5 years now.

The SR9C'S has a very light trigger and if you put a light touch of wd40 on the trigger spring with a q-tip, it's outrageous, but the 938 is just plain sexy and for me, it's functioned flawlessy for 5 years now.

I just wish they had made a SR9c Pro version without the gay pride flag and the safety lever on it... Ruger could have sold a lot of that version of the gun, like many years ago. (MA BS notwithstanding). I think that the design otherwise is actually a decent entry level / newb gun for someone that doesnt know what the hell they want... its a little heavy for a poly framed auto, but outside of that and the pride flag/lever it is difficult to hate the thing too much for what it is.

-Mike

I just wish they had made a SR9c Pro version without the gay pride flag and the safety lever on it... Ruger could have sold a lot of that version of the gun, like many years ago. (MA BS notwithstanding). I think that the design otherwise is actually a decent entry level / newb gun for someone that doesnt know what the hell they want... its a little heavy for a poly framed auto, but outside of that and the pride flag/lever it is difficult to hate the thing too much for what it is.

-Mike

Yes. My first thought after test firing the SR9c was that due to the light trigger, a new shooter could feel like they paid short money for a handgun that felt a bit custom.

I can see how someone could be stoked about this. I prefer Sigs over Glocks and would have bought this if available before buying the G43. Probably won't replace the G43 with a P365, but hope to borrow one at the range to check it out.

i would like to personally thank all of you for beta testing the P365. i will stick with my G43 and G26 until all your testing is complete.
Actually, my friend also has both those Glocks. So, we had all three, plus a PM9 on the bench. The fact that the 365 has the capacity of a G26 but with much better ergonomics makes it the better choice for those who want 10 rds. Still for pocket carry, I will keep my 238.

I'll stick with my S&W Shield-9 that I bought in when it first came out,
w/ XS sights, BEC trigger job, Talon grips, TRL-6 and many 1000's of rounds down the pipe. (it's a keeper) :)

IMG_0324.JPG IMG_0345.JPG shield7.JPG

Last edited:
I'll stick with my S&W Shield-9 that I bought in when it first came out,
w/ XS sights, BEC trigger job, Talon grips, TRL-6 and many 1000's of rounds down the pipe. (it's a keeper) :)
I'm with you. With the APEX trigger and Hogue Beavertail Handall grips it's just accurate, easy to shoot and totally reliable. I have two of them set up the same so that I don't wear out my carry unit. I can live without the extra two rounds.

Love mine, soft recoil.
My wife even enjoys shooting it...and she hates 9mm recoil.

I handled a P365 yesterday.
Seems like it would be a nice gun to shoot in a very compact size, which my current BG380 is not fun to shoot.
It may be a bit too large and heavy for me to pocket carry unfortunatly.

Ok I said I wouldn't, but I drank the Kool-aid... and it was delicious.

I've had one for the past 3ish weeks (march born on date) and it is has exceeded all expectations. I've just started carrying it this week.
I have ~1400 rounds with through mine and not a single hiccup with no cleaning in between. ~1200 blazer 115/124, 20 147 gr HST micro, 50 HST 124 +P.
The gun is supremely concealable and very shootable.
It is the first "micro compact" gun that I have not wanted to stop shooting after 100-200 rounds. The first night I had it, I cleaned it lightly lubed it and put 700 rounds through it.
Have kept it in my range bag and shot it a little every time I've gone the range since.

Thoughts:

-The sights are decent (xray3) . Low profile, visible, snag free.

-Mushy is just like a p320. The reset is OK. It reminds me of a very light short double action trigger. Measures in at about 5.5lbs. I would say just right for a carry gun. I thought I wouldn't like it, but i actually think its pretty good.

-Performance/Ergonomics. Grips is really skinny. The first time I have thought, maybe this is too skinny. Grip is like a baby-bird where there is barely any room if any for your support hand palm is on top of fingers not in contact with the grip (reminds me of a j-frame). This combined with a high grip and low bore axis makes for a pretty gentle recoil impulse and low flip. Shooting 115/124 FMJ's and 147 HST's are a breeze. The +P's still got some snap.

I shoot it better than my g43, P938, and j-frame. Like I said above, I actually enjoy shooting it also which I can't say about the others.

-Ultra-concealble. I carry it at appendix with a Blackpoint IWB and even with my gut and a t-shirt it is good to go. It is replacing my G43 which is heavier and bulkier.

-Magazines: Tiny-teutonic-magic. Makes my 43 magazines with a plus 4 look like a Chevy Suburban. The pinky mags are necessary and don't impact the concealabilty. They allow for full three finger grip (of my baby hands). Comes with one pinky, one flush. Ordered two extra pinky's. Reloading is a little awkward since the magwell is tiny tiny and it has lots of notches and junk for the base plate flare. Carrying spare in front or back jeans is easy, its like a fat pack of gum. The mag with pinky extension is a little snaggy in jean front pockets. Loading is a little awkward with the base plate that is angled so far back. No feeding problems for now. I am curious about long term durability of the feed lips. The mag body is some pretty THIN gauge stuff.

Conclusion: Goodness.

IMG_7271.JPG IMG_7272.JPG IMG_7272.JPG IMG_7271.JPG

What are these going for? I would love to handle one of these and may make it my edc...

I have north of 2000 rounds though mine and still no problems. After the MAC video I did another 600 to see if anything would happen.
I have the striker drag (which i simply didnt notice before) although it seem to be intermittant and not as pronounced as the gauging ive seen on the interwebs. I reckon I'll put another 500 rounds through it at some point and call it a day.

IMG_7860.JPG IMG_7863.JPG

Yeah, the 365 has had a rash of broken firing pins that some are blaming on the striker drag you show. From what I could gather the firing pins are MIM manufactured. There have also been a lot of dead triggers caused by trigger spring failures. I think I'd wait this out if I were to buy a P365 which I'm not anyway; love my 9mm Shields.

Back
Top Bottom