• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Firearms being made in Southwick

Woah, I always thought they were CT.
Don't have one but thought about one. Seecamp I hear makes a nice pistol.

Super cool. I grew up 1/8 mile from where they are. I can't understand why anyone would choose to manufacture firearms in this state though.

I shot one this past weekend at the range. I would say its effective range is about 12 ' (at least for me). It has no sights on it so you need to do the old "point and shoot" instead of trying to aim. Smooth fit and function, a magazine swap in a hurry isn't going to happen so you better not miss....
Nice pocket backup gun.

Maybe they'll take the Seecamp design and produce a non gay version of the pistol. Neat guns, well made, shitty manual of arms though. They really need to produce a model without the magazine interlock and one that allows you to retract the slide with the magazine out.

-Mike

Worst pistol I have owned. However I spent hours on the phone one talking to Larry. He's a really good guy and more than willing to please the customer. That's what I took away from my Seecamp experience anyways. FWIW

Last edited:
Maybe they'll take the Seecamp design and produce a non gay version of the pistol. Neat guns, well made, shitty manual of arms though. They really need to produce a model without the magazine interlock and one that allows you to retract the slide with the magazine out.

-Mike

You're right, but I doubt that will happen in this case because they are essentially a job shop, so they probably bought the tooling and rights to manufacture it, but unless they have some super talented firearm designer on staff, I doubt they will be able to alter the original design - especially if it sells as is. Hope I'm wrong, but based on what I know of the shop, that's how it will be.

I always viewed them as a nice little pocket carry/back up gun. Shot one once and it seemed to function alright. I have a little Colt .25 I carry sometimes that I love so I'm partial to tiny guns.

You're right, but I doubt that will happen in this case because they are essentially a job shop, so they probably bought the tooling and rights to manufacture it, but unless they have some super talented firearm designer on staff, I doubt they will be able to alter the original design - especially if it sells as is. Hope I'm wrong, but based on what I know of the shop, that's how it will be.

Well, yeah, that's the thing.... Seecamp sells everything they make, easily... so they have no incentive to change anything. [laugh] Even with its faults it has a cult-like following.

-Mike

Well, yeah, that's the thing.... Seecamp sells everything they make, easily... so they have no incentive to change anything. [laugh] Even with its faults it has a cult-like following.

-Mike

Exactly, and with a gun that small, they are pretty much the "only game in town", with no direct competition. From a manufacturer's perspective, why fix it if it ain't broken.[wink]

Dave Whalley the owner of the company making them is going to be on the Adam Wright show on WHYN 560 tomorrow morning at 7.

Back
Top Bottom