Finding 9 mm ammo to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm heading up to the North Conway area Thursday, will be checking out the shops up there.

Were heading up there as well. We’re going at the end of this month tho. I did t see to many gun shops listed in that area.

No idea on the price but Shooters Outpost just posted on Facebook that they restocked the shelves with 9mm. I believe last week they were limiting to 250 rounds per person. Not sure if that is still the limit.

16 bucks a box for fiocchi target ammo. High. But they had plenty last week.

I woukd never buy it at that price. But ive never had issues buying there before with my ma ltc shown. Store policy. Dont like it dont shop there.

And unless people are stupid, that's where it's going to stay. I'm only selling the .380 because I sold my Bersa and don't plan to buy another .380 anything.
Lady Radtekk's first carry gun was a Mustang 380, easy 6-7 years ago. Like now, I believed in "shoot one box, buy two" so when she stopped carrying it 6 months later I had 1200 or so rounds in the safe. That gun hasn't seen the light of day in 5 years. It's not for sale, nor is the ammo.

It's small, can hardly tell its there in the safe, and all that ammo takes up less space than a 100round box of 12ga.

last time I was at shooters they wouldn't sell me ammo since I was from MA ...but that was about 3 yrs ago
I buy ammo there from time to time. Reloading supplies too. Just have to show my ma ltc

I use ammoseek.com (ammo search engine, NOT a retailer) quite a bit - if you are in Mass you will have to do some extra dancing - but for everyone else, if you set alerts and actually act on them, you can have pretty good luck.

For me personally, I learned my lesson from the first shortage a decade ago and stocked up - made it a monthly line item in my budget when it was plentiful to get through the lean times.

Lady Radtekk's first carry gun was a Mustang 380, easy 6-7 years ago. Like now, I believed in "shoot one box, buy two" so when she stopped carrying it 6 months later I had 1200 or so rounds in the safe. That gun hasn't seen the light of day in 5 years. It's not for sale, nor is the ammo.

It's small, can hardly tell its there in the safe, and all that ammo takes up less space than a 100round box of 12ga.

Somewhat similarly; one of my first guns was the Mustang Pocket-Lite. I haven't shot it for at least 10 years. It's in my safe in CT. My wife used to carry .380's, she's got Sig P232 and P238's sitting in the same safe. There's probably about 500 rounds of .380 on the shelf next to that safe.

In my GA safe, she's got a 232 and a 238 also, (used to be her carry guns down here). There's a S&W Bodyguard in there too that I picked up from a friend. Just looked on the shelf and there's about 1400 rounds of factory .380 plus a couple hundred rounds of defensive ammo.

I don't shoot .380 at all, and my wife hasn't since she borrowed my Kimber 9mm Target II five or six years ago to shoot IDPA with. She kept that gun, and bought an HonorGuard in 9mm for carry, and then a Sig320 for competition.

If she ever decides to get rid of the Sigs I'll sell them - but until then, they're just sitting there. I wipe them down periodically with a silicon cloth, but that's about it. And the .380 ammo on the shelf can sit there, it's not taking up much room.

last time I was at shooters they wouldn't sell me ammo since I was from MA ...but that was about 3 yrs ago
Around 2014 through 2017 I used to go mountainbiking to Bear Brook State Forest. I used to drive by SO every time, so I always stopped by and bought ammo. No one ever gave me trouble about being from MA.

I used to buy a brick of .22Lr every weekend when no one could find any and even SO had a limit on .22LR back then.

I think I have purchased ammo from at least 7 or 8 different NH dealers over the years and had no problems.

I even bought a bucket of .22 from Dicks in Nashua before they were full blown dicks about the 2A. (First and last time I spent money there).

I still have that bucket unopened.

The price of being a newbie or not paying attention.

Some really old timers would cringe at 5 dollars a box so its all relative.

Just like stocks the time to buy is NOT when everyone is talking about it.
Bingo
I feel bad for some of the new gun owners who just got their LTC and either can't get ammo or have to pay out the ass for ammo.

I buy ammo there from time to time. Reloading supplies too. Just have to show my ma ltc

just curious.. why do they need/want to see your MA LTC? They're in NH right? If you're legal to buy there, what difference does it make? When I buy in RI, they don't give a shit. I give em money and they give me ammo. Nothing else is exchanged.

just curious.. why do they need/want to see your MA LTC? They're in NH right? If you're legal to buy there, what difference does it make? When I buy in RI, they don't give a shit. I give em money and they give me ammo. Nothing else is exchanged.
post-26939-Jason-Momoa-dis-gon-b-gud-gif-o1Zt.gif

Plenty of snap caps and blanks. [smile]

Just checked one of my first go-to stores in NH that doesn't ask for an ID...all they had left was Buffalo Bore for $39.50 for a box of 20. Most on Ammoseek want >.40/rd. (not including shipping) and some of them have purchase limits of one box. It's not going to get better in the near term with the elections looming, and if Biden happens to win, forget about it.

I saw a box of 9mm sell for 28$ the other day at a local gun shop.
So, what's that? 56 cents a round? For 9mm?
It's getting close to my prediction of 62 cents/round... [devil2][pot] [devil2]

I use ammoseek.com (ammo search engine, NOT a retailer) quite a bit - if you are in Mass you will have to do some extra dancing - but for everyone else, if you set alerts and actually act on them, you can have pretty good luck.

For me personally, I learned my lesson from the first shortage a decade ago and stocked up - made it a monthly line item in my budget when it was plentiful to get through the lean times.
Same. Found a budgeting app and allotted a dollar amount each month specifically for ammo. If one or more of my other categories ended up with a surplus at the end of the month, often I would reallocate that amount and purchase more ammo or components.

Ammoseek is a good starting point for the new people who are having a hard time finding vendors to ship to MA. Search for a caliber and go down the line. Search each vendors site for shipping restrictions. If they wont ship here put them on the no-go list so youre not checking the same vendor over and over. If they do ship here put them on the green list. Some will ship here if you send them a copy of your LTC. Send an email asking if they will ship if you provide them an LTC. In an hour or so, anyone can have more than one shipper lined up.

It's a store policy. By law they don't.....and I know that.

My opinion.......and yours and others may differ.......I have to show it in ma so I don't mind showing it in NH (although I wish we didn't have to show it in ma either but that's another ball of wax). They don't recorded it.....they just check it. Then I give them money and they give me ammo. Simple transaction.

If others think this is some sort of violation of their rights then feel free not to shop at shooters or NH shops that ask for an LTC.

Plenty of snap caps and blanks. [smile]
I was at Shooters with a friend Saturday. He was picking up a pistol that was delayed and while there got an AR as well. He's new so he asked what else he might need. Aside from holster, mags, sling (and ammo of course) I suggested cleaning kits and snapcaps. None of either to be found for 9mm or 223. Even snap caps and bore brushes in those calibers are hard to come by I guess.

My opinion.......and yours and others may differ.......I have to show it in ma so I don't mind showing it in NH (although I wish we didn't have to show it in ma either but that's another ball of wax). They don't recorded it.....they just check it. Then I give them money and they give me ammo. Simple transaction.

If others think this is some sort of violation of their rights then feel free not to shop at shooters or NH shops that ask for an LTC.
Ive been going there for a while and I know going in what their policy is. Like you Ive made peace with it and Im certainly not going to give the 19 y.o. behind the counter shit about it. The worst part, imo, is the fact that laws from one state have crept into a neighboring state. I know its store policy not law, but lets be honest, the reason its policy is because of the threat of another states AG and the legal action they may take. Ill continue to go there, but I hope the slope doesnt get any more slippery.

Store policy. Not law. Dont like it dont shop there. Simple as that. I have to show it in MA so I dont care.

I dont buy much there anymore. Target sports is cheaper and easier. I have to send them my ID as well.

I just saw that...crazy

It is crazy - unless you need it, and that is all that matters. With covid, the riots, the election it won’t get better anytime soon. If Trump wins AND we keep the Senate supply and prices will calm eventually. Otherwise it’s game over and price will not matter.

Ive been going there for a while and I know going in what their policy is. Like you Ive made peace with it and Im certainly not going to give the 19 y.o. behind the counter shit about it. The worst part, imo, is the fact that laws from one state have crept into a neighboring state. I know its store policy not law, but lets be honest, the reason its policy is because of the threat of another states AG and the legal action they may take. Ill continue to go there, but I hope the slope doesnt get any more slippery.
Store policy. Not law. Dont like it dont shop there. Simple as that. I have to show it in MA so I dont care.

I dont buy much there anymore. Target sports is cheaper and easier. I have to send them my ID as well.

I honestly don't care if they check or not. I was wondering why if NH doesn't care. I'm sure they're afraid that someone will buy ammo there, commit a crime in MA, then they'll find the receipt and blame the vendor. I think Target Sports is in a bit of a different situation in that you're taking possession of the product in a state that requires a license.

I do find it a bit funny that there are some here who get all up in arms about showing a receipt at BJs exit, but have no problem with this. Not implying that any of the above quoted people fit this description.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom