Finding 9 mm ammo to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found 77 rounds of Federal American Eagle 124 gr FMJ 9mm ammo in my reloading/ammo cabinet this weekend. Was given to me by my wife’s cousin a number of years ago.

Since I reload, I’m tempted to karma it to someone. Though I realize driving for 77 rounds may not be worthwhile.

In

I suggest you also check with friends in other States and see if they have any local sources with stock.

True. I guess I was thinking if someone lived in Springfield (2.5 hours from me) it may not be worthwhile lol. But you never know!
I already have first-hand knowledge of your charitable side, and it's a pleasure having you here at NES.

And unless people are stupid, that's where it's going to stay. I'm only selling the .380 because I sold my Bersa and don't plan to buy another .380 anything.
I think, in a pinch, the .380 ammo will work in your 9mm pistols. You just have to manually rack the slide after each shot...

Where is everyone finding 9mm pistol ammo to buy within the 495 belt in Massachusetts?
Joined yesterday and asking right away for everyone to give up their "honey holes". 🤣🤣🤣

For starters ......most of the more "experienced" gun owners on here don't have to worry about the shortage of ammo.......we stockpile it and reload our own. I learned after Obamacare to keep a year's worth of range ammo on hand....I'm good.

As far as your question your pretty much screwed If you don't have any amo at this point. Ride this one out.......wait for the shelves and on line vendirs to get stocked back up and then plan ahead for the next shortage. Fwiw I don't shoot 9mm and have none or Id try to help you out and sell you some at cost but I don't shoot whimpy calibers 🤣

Last edited:
Ammo shortage must be a MA thing...

It's the same story here in Georgia.
I saw a box of 9mm sell for 28$ the other day at a local gun shop.
Yeah, 9mm. Twenty-eight dollars. Should run 9-12 dollars (plus tax).
And the person buying it was happy to pay for it.

Fck that noise.
I had 5K primers delivered Friday, another 5K has gone missing with Fedex - there's a ticket open on that.

I’m astounded that no 12Ga is available from TS and the rest of the offerings are very thin.

People are getting ready for something - and it’s not the range.

Where is everyone finding 9mm pistol ammo to buy within the 495 belt in Massachusetts?

Inside 495 is a big area... I haven't actually gone looking for ammo in a long time, but the last time I was in MFS they had some. But that was about a month ago.

Do you think Martha was one bit better? Or Luther Scott?

In hindsight, Martha was about as bad, but she it seems like she wasn't pushing the boundaries as much as Maura

I found 77 rounds of Federal American Eagle 124 gr FMJ 9mm ammo in my reloading/ammo cabinet this weekend. Was given to me by my wife’s cousin a number of years ago.

Since I reload, I’m tempted to karma it to someone. Though I realize driving for 77 rounds may not be worthwhile.

77 is an odd round count. I'm trying to figure out how you ended up with that number.

Inside 495 is a big area... I haven't actually gone looking for ammo in a long time, but the last time I was in MFS they had some. But that was about a month ago.

In hindsight, Martha was about as bad, but she it seems like she wasn't pushing the boundaries as much as Maura

77 is an odd round count. I'm trying to figure out how you ended up with that number.
They were given to me by my wife’s cousin. One full box and then 27 rounds in another box.

Gun runner in middleboro will sell you 1 box at a time. All you have to do is drive there every day for 20 - 40 days and you will be stocked up in no time. To top it off your are supporting a dynamite LGS, its a win for everyone.

Ammo shortage must be a MA thing...

MA got it worse than NH and others because of the shops being force-closed during corona. Only so many shop owners likely shelled out money to buy as much ammo as they could while their shop was closed, that would have been a high risk move, so they got caught flat footed.

There’s a possibility that the online vendor that I lined up with fellow NESers last week, may be getting more Scorpio 9mm. I noticed they increased the case prices by $10 on their website which is what happened previously when more ammo arrived (at a higher price of course).

I have an email into them and awaiting their response. I’ll keep people posted like I did previously.
They just emailed me this morning:

"The Scorpio 9mm is something that we seem to be getting on a semi-regular basis. The price does seem to go up some each time, so we bump the price a little so when we actually get it and see what the price will be, it won’t be quite as big of a shock! So…to answer your question, I don’t know when, but I’m sure we’ll be getting more in."

Those who know of the vendor, sign up for notifications (they go to my junk mail folder unfortunately) and keep checking their website each day.

No idea on the price but Shooters Outpost just posted on Facebook that they restocked the shelves with 9mm. I believe last week they were limiting to 250 rounds per person. Not sure if that is still the limit.

MA got it worse than NH and others because of the shops being force-closed during corona. Only so many shop owners likely shelled out money to buy as much ammo as they could while their shop was closed, that would have been a high risk move, so they got caught flat footed.
I'm heading up to the North Conway area Thursday, will be checking out the shops up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom