Finally glock got the hint.. teases on a single stack 9mm- Glock 43 Megathread

Id wait to snag up a 43 honestly. 9mm is much cheaper and plentiful .380 is a pita to find and usually runs about $20 a box.

It is, but for guns in this class, honestly, doesn't matter much. Particularly if you're getting trigger time on other Glocks. This isn't a gun you're going to shoot "recreationally" and burn up a ton of ammo through it.

-Mike

Glock is just so far ahead of the game it is crazy. They single handedly created a huge market for small, single stack 9mm pistols, so it is no surprise with the popularity of their industry breaking 43. One thing is for sure, they aren't getting so much talk on name recognition alone!

1. Kahr PM9 - 2004
2. Kel tec PF9 - 2006
3. Walther PPS - 2007
4. Taurus PT709 - 2008
5. Kimber Solo - 2011
6. Kahr CM9 - 2011
7. Ruger LC9 - 2011
8. Beretta Nano - 2011
9. Diamondback DB9 - 2011
10. Sig P938 - 2012
11. Smith and Wesson M&P Shield - 2012
12. Springfield XDs - 2013
13. Ruger LC9s - 2014
14. Glock 43 - 2015

a dealer I was talking to said he shot it and hated the trigger...felt like 10-11lbs which I find hard to believe
LOL...
believe me its not. I have a digital Lyman trig pull and will check it tomrw but it's close to my Gen 4 26 and my free state shield.so to me normal Glock and I'm sure once broken in a tad it will get better

Last edited:
for the special LE only...pullman arms has them in stock $499[/QUOTE

Shooters Outpost has a display one and when they get some they are 474 or 479. Most are 480-580.00.
it cost more than my Gen 4 26 and xds9,,LOL...I'll be honest as I got to shoot another 200rds tonight with it and it's ok but nothing to go crazy over. It hasn't had a malfunction and when cleaning it it was pretty clean , Using fed brass. Not a range gun to me but its going in my rotation this summer so I'm getting familiar with it. crossbreed said they can't keep up with the Moulds so it may be 3 weeks now instead of 2. still not bad.

Ok, now, please educate me. What does the 43 do that a shield won't, at $120 less with 1-2 more rounds. I don't get it.

Ok, now, please educate me. What does the 43 do that a shield won't, at $120 less with 1-2 more rounds. I don't get it.

It can be a Glock, that's about it. I'd probably take the opportunity to shoot one if it ever arose, but I really don't see it coming out on top of an apples-to-apples comparison with the Shield, XDs, or any of the other single stack 9mm pistols out there.

It weighs less than the shield does, although probably not by much. It's probably a little trimmer too, at least in the frame department. I bet you won't have to use a ****ing jackhammer/20 ton press to remove the sights, either. [laugh] I also bet a monkey can detail strip a G43 with minimal effort. The M&P series guns are decent, but fall short in that department.

-Mike

I personally hate having more options. I'm still wondering what a M&P9 can do that a Glock 17 won't, 23 years later with the same number of rounds. I don't get it.

As much as I joke about Glock being a decade late to the party, that is all I'm doing. Joking. Kind of strange that people would complain about having more options.

I finally got a chance to fondle a 43 yesterday. My go to dealer on the Cape had his with them at the store. I have to say that it made my 42 feel small compared next to it. Seemed about identical in size to a PM9.

I asked him if he liked it, he said he wasn't a fan of the recoil compared to how nice the 42 shoots, but I guess that's to be expected with the extra power of a 9mm.

He quoted me a price of 400 for the blue label when he gets one in and since I can't help myself when it comes to glocks, I'm sure I'll buy one.

Last edited:
James Yeager has a nice 1 minute review on the glock 43

[video=youtube_share;at9DnnWqJk8]http://youtu.be/at9DnnWqJk8[/video]

shorts and T shirt weather is here...couldn't wait any longer I"m picking up a used shield from a fellow NES ....now the glock will really have to be awesome for me to switch

Back
Top Bottom