Finally glock got the hint.. teases on a single stack 9mm- Glock 43 Megathread

So.... got a chance to handle and shoot several things today. 42, 43, my new shield w/ apex kit, pm9, p380..... lots to think about. 43 is the same LxW as a 26, just smoother and slimmer. Those 6 rounds make it tough, that video above and it's comments are no joke. The 42 has unique internals and trigger compared to all other Glocks, the 43 is the same way, same safety plunger, disconnect, slide stop spring, same exact trigger feel, etc. I mean I'm a Glock guy... and armorer... but damn I like my shield more, especially at half the cost. [thinking]

The shield is an excellent gun. No need to feel like your missing out.

How was the 43? Alot of reviews are saying its snappy.. i wonder how it compares to the sheild and the 42..recoil wise

I remember shooting an lcp and it sucked ...

Im thinking of skipping the 43 based on recoil and size and getting the 42 for a jogging /running gun.

Last edited:
A shield is half? My shield was 400 and 43 was. 530. So a shield with Apex Is same. $, 43 feels tons better in hand than the shield to me. Never had an issue with my free state shield but can't compare till sat/ Sunday night. It's going to be a little snappy just like every other sub out there. Queen bee the invite is still there. I'm going Sunday and one weekday next week

Last edited:
Sunday im doing a kids rifle shoot in ri where people bring stuff for the kids to be able to shoot firearms they have never seen.

Maybe a weekday next week

How was the 43? Alot of reviews are saying its snappy.. i wonder how it compares to the sheild and the 42..recoil wise

I remember shooting an lcp and it sucked ...

Im thinking of skipping the 43 based on recoil and size and getting the 42 for a jogging /running gun.

It moves around more than a 42 for sure, it's a weight/mass reaction. I used 115gr and 124gr speer lawman to test. It personally reminds me of the difference between a sig p238 and p938, the 238 has like zero recoil or you think you are shooting squib loads, and the 938 is a big difference IMHO.

A shield is half? My shield was 400 and 43 was. 530. So a shield with Apex Is same. $, 43 feels tons better in hand than the shield to me. Never had an issue with my free state shield but can't compare till sat/ Sunday night. It's going to be a little snappy just like every other sub out there. Queen bee the invite is still there. I'm going Sunday and one weekday next week

Yeah when I say half, I mean half. My no-safety shield was $299 retail brand new from Atlantic Tactical. G43 runs about 550 + shipping or 2-day air but prices are all over the place (like when G30S first came out). Not counting any other mods like triggers, sights, etc.

Physics pretty much dictates it being snappier, to some degree... with the exception of the PM9, everything else near its class weighs more. than it does, (like the LC9S, Shield, etc).

-Mike

Thanks for the comparison pics..

Its interesting, the more i look at it , the less impressed i am with it , compared to my 26...

If the 42 fits me well , im just going to go with it...

Last edited:
Def feels small and will hide very well. Racking is easier than the rest , not much texture like all the gen 4's grip. But for a summer carry or a biker, jogger it's perfect.

I wont mind stocking a few boxes of .380 for my jogging / bicycle riding gun.

Most time besides yoga pants, i can at least fit a glock 26 in my carry rotation

I wont mind stocking a few boxes of .380 for my jogging / bicycle riding gun.

Most time besides yoga pants, i can at least fit a glock 26 in my carry rotation

Id wait to snag up a 43 honestly. 9mm is much cheaper and plentiful .380 is a pita to find and usually runs about $20 a box. I keep trying to get the gf to switch over to 9mm. Shes for some reason loves that stupid pk380. stuff is more then .223 lol. just my opinion anyways. Only perk to the .380 is how soft shooting it is in a compact carry piece.

Feels pretty good if you have smaller hands. Trig is just like every other Glock , no issues in 250rds of 115 gr fed brass. Feels a little snappy like my xds but it is a single stack. Recoil isn't bad at all, better than I expected. As you can tell by the pic it held it's own . My complaint would be the sights but they all suck on glocks and I wish the texture on the grip was a little more aggressive like all other gen 4's . But all in all for a summer carry or pocket (I don't pocket carry) it's a great firearm.

Feels pretty good if you have smaller hands. Trig is just like every other Glock , no issues in 250rds of 115 gr fed brass. Feels a little snappy like my xds but it is a single stack. Recoil isn't bad at all, better than I expected. As you can tell by the pic it held it's own . My complaint would be the sights but they all suck on glocks and I wish the texture on the grip was a little more aggressive like all other gen 4's . But all in all for a summer carry or pocket (I don't pocket carry) it's a great firearm.

so your recommending it? great shooting btw

Back
Top Bottom