FFL transfer necessary?

WMD

Does a seller (who is not an FFL) of a gun from out-of-state have to ship a gun through an FFL in their state to an FFL in MA or can they pack it up and ship it directly to my FFL upon receipt of a signed FFL form? Also, can handguns be shipped by either USPS/UPS/or FEDEX? Any special forms?

They can ship directly to your FFL. No need for two FFLs.

You can't ship guns via USPS. You must use a common carrier (e.g., UPS or Fedex). No special forms, but under federal law you must declare to the common carrier that you are shipping a gun.

Use this page as a guide for shipping questions. Each shipper has their own rules and all have their rules posted on the net in their pages. A non-licensee cannot ship through the USPS.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Support/SupportFAQView.asp?FAQID=1118&NoCount=1
Good advice from Round Gun. I've heard that some FFL's will not accept from a non-licensee but thankfully they're far and few between. I've never had that problem. Always good to ask up front.

Scrivener said:
How can he be a "dealer" if he does NOT hold an FFL?

Could you please clarify your question, particular the referent for "he"? Since the word "dealer" never appeared in this thread before your use of it, I find myself unable to determine unambiguously to whom you're referring.

Ken

Good catch, Ken!

"Does a seller (who is not an FFL) of a gun from out-of-state have to ship a gun through an FFL in their state to an FFL in MA or can they pack it up and ship it directly to my FFL upon receipt of a signed FFL form?"

I have FFLs on the brain from playing catch-up w/dealer issues after being gone last week. Upon review, the OP is referring to private party sales; NOT a purchase from an FFL.

Memo to self: Drink coffee before reading threads.........

Back
Top Bottom