• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FFL Not Communicating

If the FFL received it, then I’d feel a little better that it’s not lost. Maybe they took a vacation for the Memorial Day week.

A quick call to the local PD isn’t necessarily a bad idea just to see what they may know. What I really don’t want to do, though, is impact anyone’s business. I do hope the FFL is OK health wise and it’s just some other extenuating circumstance.

Patience is likely my best path forward.

A quick call to the local PD isn’t necessarily a bad idea just to see what they may know. What I really don’t want to do, though, is impact anyone’s business. I do hope the FFL is OK health wise and it’s just some other extenuating circumstance.

Patience is likely my best path forward.
You are forgetting the rule of never invite the man into your life. There is nothing that the police can make better about guns and you as a person in Massachusetts. Especially for something that is not stolen, just apparently exceptionally ill communicated. They're likely to determine them stolen and revoke your license for failing to report even though it was reported. - A joke at a conversation another FFL and myself were having yesterday about a PD pickup I made for somebody.

I'm down at the mill if you're ever in need of something as a shameless plug.

Hope you get your firearm though OP and that the FFL didn't just send it back.

You are forgetting the rule of never invite the man into your life. There is nothing that the police can make better about guns and you as a person in Massachusetts. Especially for something that is not stolen, just apparently exceptionally ill communicated. They're likely to determine them stolen and revoke your license for failing to report even though it was reported. - A joke at a conversation another FFL and myself were having yesterday about a PD pickup I made for somebody.

I'm down at the mill if you're ever in need of something as a shameless plug.

Hope you get your firearm though OP and that the FFL didn't just send it back.

Agreed. I’m inclined to resolve this without involving anyone who takes a government paycheck.

Did Bud's ship the guns in YOUR NAME? If they didn't (and where I work at KTP in Maine) We've been seeing a trend of other incoming transfers with NO Transfreree name. With that, the Store WON'T release the guns to anybody unless there's a name connected to them (You buying them from Bud's) We've had similar issues with Bud's in the past, regarding who is to receive the guns on our end.. A friendly "did you send the guns with my name as the receiving party" to Bud's would be most appropriate at this time. The Dealer may not have your name associated with the guns, thus not knowing who they belong to.

Last edited:
Good question. It was received three weeks ago this upcoming Wednesday.
3 weeks no response? That's insane. I'd be posting on their social media as that typically gets a response from people that are dodging you.

Did Bud's ship the guns in YOUR NAME? If they didn't (and where I work at KTP in Maine) We've been seeing a trend of other incoming transfers with NO Transfreree name. With that, the Store WON'T release the guns to anybody unless there's a name connected to them (You buying them from Bud's) We've had similar issues with Bud's in the past, regarding who is to receive the guns on our end.. A friendly "did you send the guns with my name as the receiving party" to Bud's would be most appropriate at this time. The Dealer may not have your name associated with the guns, thus not knowing who they belong to.

Yes. The FFL confirmed receipt back a few weeks ago (only one of two emails I’ve gotten from him). This doesn’t appear to be a logistical issue, but something else is hindering communication. I sincerely hope the guy is OK.

Good point about chasing Bud’s. Having worked with resellers in the past, it easier for them to pressure a retailer (in this case the FFL) than it is for the purchaser who may never make another purchase again. Then again, I’ve learned to take a pocket of cash down to Great Road or another physical shop sooner rather than later.
Buds has no leverage on the receiving ffl whatsoever.
You purchased, Buds shipped, HF received.
You own them, but HF possesses them.
It would be totally up to Buds wether to issue a refund or not, due to the circumstances.
Couldn't hurt to ask, but I doubt it.
Other than that, your problem lies with HF.
Unfortunate situation, though not the first time we've seen this.
Good luck!

Yes. The FFL confirmed receipt back a few weeks ago (only one of two emails I’ve gotten from him). This doesn’t appear to be a logistical issue, but something else is hindering communication. I sincerely hope the guy is OK.
Ok, good. Just keep E Mailing and calling, so you have a Paper Trail and call log. Other than that, I guess you've gotta sit tight.

Go down there and start smelling around the door jams and windows. Maybe he’s dead inside on the floor. XdedX ☠️🤷‍♂️

Sit across the street for a while and see if any cars come and go is an option also. Get some cool sunglasses, bino’s, snacks and a coffee and make an afternoon out of it.

Nothing good or bad to say about Hitman. They do show $35 transfer cost on their website for out of state purchases.

I am more interested in why you purchased online as opposed to working directly with your preferred local dealer? Sometimes Buds has stock but when I get inbound transfers from Buds they are more often drop shipped from one of the distributors. I have accounts with the same distributors...

Buds has the same acquisition cost as the rest of us when drop shipping. They may have paid less if they have it in stock by taking advantage of various stocking dealer programs (buy 9 get 1 free) that others wont buy a pallet to keep that gun in stock at lower cost. But in general they have the same cost basis. They are willing to make less per gun then most LGS because of the volume they do. Your LGS also will have to charge tax. But if you have any issues or concerns, your LGS will be there to support you, can physically take the gun and examine, or ship back for warranty, etc.

So use your LGS in the future and avoid issues like this.

I’m OK posting here but other public commenting isn’t my style. I do get that it works though.
So you'll call them out for being unresponsive for 3 weeks on a public forum but not inquire on their own social media page if everything is OK? How does that make sense.

Go down there and start smelling around the door jams and windows. Maybe he’s dead inside on the floor. XdedX ☠🤷‍♂️

Sit across the street for a while and see if any cars come and go is an option also. Get some cool sunglasses, bino’s, snacks and a coffee and make an afternoon out of it.
And bring a Chiefs Special,.. also a piss jug

Good question. It was received three weeks ago this upcoming Wednesday.
A quick check of the FFL's FacePlant page shows no updates since May 1. The owner of Hitman is a Tyngsborough police officer who has apparently had some problems with his department lately. It's been in the papers. That could help explain what's going on here.

I also think there is a possibility that he may have contracted Covid-19 or has some other accident/disability or medical-related issue.

Nothing good or bad to say about Hitman. They do show $35 transfer cost on their website for out of state purchases.

I am more interested in why you purchased online as opposed to working directly with your preferred local dealer? Sometimes Buds has stock but when I get inbound transfers from Buds they are more often drop shipped from one of the distributors. I have accounts with the same distributors...

Buds has the same acquisition cost as the rest of us when drop shipping. They may have paid less if they have it in stock by taking advantage of various stocking dealer programs (buy 9 get 1 free) that others wont buy a pallet to keep that gun in stock at lower cost. But in general they have the same cost basis. They are willing to make less per gun then most LGS because of the volume they do. Your LGS also will have to charge tax. But if you have any issues or concerns, your LGS will be there to support you, can physically take the gun and examine, or ship back for warranty, etc.

So use your LGS in the future and avoid issues like this.
^^^^^^ What Crackpot said...... Support your LGS instead of a remote ...

Last edited:
This. If you didn’t talk to the FFL before ordering that’s not the way to do business. Dealers don’t like surprises.

This. I'm not a dealer... but if a firearm showed up at my door and I find;t order it, expect it, or have any knowledge of it, I'm not signing for it and it's going back to the sender. That's a big NO EFFING THANKS...

Not so quick story, I ordered a 9mm and a shotgun from Bud’s and had it shipped to an FFL local to me who was also one of Bud’s preferred FFLs. The customer service people have said they are trying to get in touch. I’ve been calling and emailing with no response. Drove over to his location today and no one was there despite having “store hours” today. Do I continue to pursue this with Bud’s or do I have other ways to escalate this?
Your first mistake was " I ordered a 9mm and a shotgun from Bud’s"...

Back
Top Bottom