Feedback on the Beretta 92FS

First off its my opinion so if I want to dismiss it as a range gun I may do so, I know the armed forces use it to defend their lives and our freedoms and I'm thankful beyond words. From what my good friend tell me, as a combat weapon it's not a bad firearm. All I did was express my "opinion" that as a range gun its great but that's it. Others might disagree some will agree that's the beauty of a forum, but don't break my balls and tell me that I'm dismissing something. Not looking to argue or fight with anyone but it is my opinion, nothing more

Oh...now I get it...it is Kisspik's forum, she expresses her opinion, but I cannot express my opinion. Seems to me that you flew off the handle a bit, when I said that I wouldn't dismiss it simply as a range gun and I articulated my reason why...then you decide to turn this into some kind of ad hom thing about your ability to express you opinion.

Fact: I said nothing disrespectful to you or disrespectful about your opinion.

These kind of little flare-ups are becoming increasingly frequent on NES, I think I'll be taking a vacation from the keyboard commandos, political pundits, and thin skinned posters who take offense at innocuous posts where personal opinion is expressed without rancor or offense intended.

See ya after the elections...bye.

I hope you all realize I come to this forum to get away from petty, feminine arguments right? Stop ruining my experience.

Oh...now I get it...it is Kisspik's forum, she expresses her opinion, but I cannot express my opinion. Seems to me that you flew off the handle a bit, when I said that I wouldn't dismiss it simply as a range gun and I articulated my reason why...then you decide to turn this into some kind of ad hom thing about your ability to express you opinion.

These kind of little flare-ups are becoming increasingly frequent on NES, I think I'll be taking a vacation from the keyboard commandos, political pundits, and thin skinned posters who take offense at innocuous posts where personal opinion is expressed without rancor or offense intended.

Huh? This is a major over-reaction IMO.

I think this is one of the more informative 92FS threads.

I never said you were disrespectful, your comment that I was dismissing it as only a range gun was made, then I came back with its my opinion and that was it, then I started getting refered to as "she." end of discussion. Sorry you took my response the wrong way. I'll just have to make sure I make comments that people won't take the wrong way.

My 92FS is garbage compared to a G17/G34.

For my own curiousity, what were the issues with your 92FS vs. G17/G34. I found the opposite. My M9 was more comfortable, more reliable and more accurate than my G34.

BUT, that was just my experience.

Because most of my handgun experience up to that point was with the M9, I was (and still am) more comfortable with the more vertical grip. I found with the Glock that my front sight tends to end up high and I have to think about keeping it down.

In the end, I decided to stick with the M9 because I wasn't looking for a CCW gun and it was the gun that my wife and I were both the most comfortable with and had already depended on.

But, like I said, that's just my opinion, yours may and probably will differ.

Aloha

For my own curiousity, what were the issues with your 92FS vs. G17/G34. I found the opposite. My M9 was more comfortable, more reliable and more accurate than my G34.

BUT, that was just my experience.

Because most of my handgun experience up to that point was with the M9, I was (and still am) more comfortable with the more vertical grip. I found with the Glock that my front sight tends to end up high and I have to think about keeping it down.

In the end, I decided to stick with the M9 because I wasn't looking for a CCW gun and it was the gun that my wife and I were both the most comfortable with and had already depended on.

But, like I said, that's just my opinion, yours may and probably will differ.

Aloha

I dont mind the grip angles on either the M9 or the G34. The biggest reason i prefer glocks is you dont have to maintain it at all for it to work. The M9, you do. I was testing this 2 or so years ago. After around 900 rounds, the M9 started to eject into the shooters head (at least mine did). The more I shot it past that, it began to have slight issues with ejecting. I've also had very bad experiences with .mil magazines while carrying the M9 overseas. I prefer the trigger on any Glock to the M9, also.

I will say that the M9 is easier for beginners to break down. That is one thing that it does really well. the M9 isnt a bad gun, but I dont prefer it over my glocks. If i didnt carry one over seas i would of sold mine by now. i just keep it for nostalgia sake and my fiance likes to shoot it.

Thanks, Dench. Those reasons make sense. I've never had an issue with my M9 and maintenance. But then I've also never tried doing testing like that.

Aloha

Ah - back to civilized discussion with people posting actual reasons and experiences for liking or disliking a particular gun verus just loudly announcing that people who like Gun X are fartheads who wouldn't know a handgun from a sharpened stick. My faith in humanity is (temporarily) restored.

Ah - back to civilized discussion with people posting actual reasons and experiences for liking or disliking a particular gun verus just loudly announcing that people who like Gun X are fartheads who wouldn't know a handgun from a sharpened stick. My faith in humanity is (temporarily) restored.

I hope I had nothing to do with that. [smile]

Aloha.

BTW - B&K has several police trade ins at a really good price if anyone is looking.

I am looking. Following your advice, I just looked at their inventory .pdf which is current as of 9/7.

It says $485... that's a really good price?

I thought they were cheaper than that. I'm going by there tomorrow for the get together. I'll double check the price for you then.
Aloha.

I don't know where you guys are coming from, but Four Seasons still has a couple of police trade ins for $350 - pretty good deal even if you have to travel.

Personally, I like a police trade in because the majority of the police officers I know shoot their service weapons maybe twice a year. So while they may be in tough shape cosmetically, they are probably still pretty sound mechanically. Mine had a spot just behind the grip where it had obviously rubbed repeatedly on something when someone was carrying it in a holster, so it was all scratched. I just buffed up the scratches a bit when I was polishing the inner parts and hit it with a little Stay Black from my military gear and it pretty much looks good at first glance and second glance - a careful inspection will show the touch up, but if that's the biggest downside to the $350 Beretta, I'll take it.

BTW, I made another thread looking for a rear sight adjuster, but I haven't had any replies so far. Are any other Beretta owners interested in going in together on an adjustment tool? I have a hard time ponying up $100 for a tool I'm probably only going to use once. But if we get five or six people we can get the cost under $20 - that means you can actually buy an adjustable rear sight and your share of the tool for still under the cost of the tool itself. Just a thought.

Count me in for this. I agree $100 for a once or twice in a llifetime tool is tough to justify.

I don't know where you guys are coming from, but Four Seasons still has a couple of police trade ins for $350 - pretty good deal even if you have to travel.

Personally, I like a police trade in because the majority of the police officers I know shoot their service weapons maybe twice a year. So while they may be in tough shape cosmetically, they are probably still pretty sound mechanically. Mine had a spot just behind the grip where it had obviously rubbed repeatedly on something when someone was carrying it in a holster, so it was all scratched. I just buffed up the scratches a bit when I was polishing the inner parts and hit it with a little Stay Black from my military gear and it pretty much looks good at first glance and second glance - a careful inspection will show the touch up, but if that's the biggest downside to the $350 Beretta, I'll take it.

Back
Top Bottom