FBI Agent shoots man in the leg after dropping gun in nightclub

Also, what is this BS about "waiting for BAC results" taking days or weeks? I've been in Healthcare 20+ years and a BAC takes minutes.

As we have seen with other FBI investigations they have to first determine what they want the final optic to look like and walk it back from there. If someone had not recorded that I am relatively certain that the story would have varied much more from the truth.

QUOTE="Rob Boudrie, post: 5929276, member: 137"]The federal court basically ruled that a state grand jury cannot indict a federal LEO for killing under official orders.[/QUOTE]
Don't forget to thank Deval...

I just read in the news tonight that he can carry it both on AND off duty as long as he does so according to FBI policy.

I showed the article to my wife and we just looked at each other. Because if I negligently discharged my firearm in such a manner and shot someone - I'd be lucky to be out on bond right now - and I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't have my firearms or my permit.

But I'm not an FBI agent - I'm just a law abiding citizen who isn't stupid enough to shoot someone like that...

It's amazing that they would release EVIDENCE to the suspect. Can he carry while being investigated, hey, sure, he's special. Issue him a new one. The one that went BANG is still evidence.

DENVER — A dancing FBI agent who accidentally shot a man in the leg after doing a backflip at a Denver bar will avoid jail time after pleading guilty Friday to third-degree assault.Chase Bishop, 30, struck a plea deal with prosecutors and was sentenced to two years of probation, The Denver Post reported . He also must pay more than $1,600 in fines and court costs.

Part of me says "okay, he did something really stupid and shouldn't have his life ruined". The other part of me says, (and I think the more realistic part), "this is BS, if I did this, I'd be in jail. This is unequal treatment under the law. It's not that I want HIM to be screwed, it's that I want to know that I'd receive the same treatment - and I don't believe that I would."

And there's what I see as one of the major problems in today's society, the huge divide in "classes", rules applied quite differently for "common man" and for "special classes".

What a f***ing tool

"I have done months of physical therapy," he said. "I have sought counseling. However, being in public, especially seeing law enforcement with guns, makes me very uncomfortable."

Doesn't seem too far fetched, when stuff like this happens and you get shot out of nowhere.

DENVER — A dancing FBI agent who accidentally shot a man in the leg after doing a backflip at a Denver bar will avoid jail time after pleading guilty Friday to third-degree assault.Chase Bishop, 30, struck a plea deal with prosecutors and was sentenced to two years of probation, The Denver Post reported . He also must pay more than $1,600 in fines and court costs.

Part of me says "okay, he did something really stupid and shouldn't have his life ruined". The other part of me says, (and I think the more realistic part), "this is BS, if I did this, I'd be in jail. This is unequal treatment under the law. It's not that I want HIM to be screwed, it's that I want to know that I'd receive the same treatment - and I don't believe that I would."

And there's what I see as one of the major problems in today's society, the huge divide in "classes", rules applied quite differently for "common man" and for "special classes".
Nailed it !

Interestingly the misdemeanor he pleaded to has a maximum punishment of 2 years.
This was a deal designed to look like punishment to the public but to preserve his gun rights and career in the FBI. Probably never get promoted to an HQ job though.

Im not so sure you’d go to jail. Even in this sh*t bird state. No one died. Legal gun. No intent. Out a ton of money and Ltc, yes. Real time if any? Not so sure. A kid in Lowell not long ago while high pointed a gun at his buddy, no ltc and shot him in the stomach, thought it was unloaded. Lot different than falling out of your pants. Almost killed him, walks all messed up now. He only got 18 months house of corrections.

Last edited:
Im not so sure you’d go to jail. Even in this sh*t bird state. No one died. Legal gun. No intent. Out a ton of money and Ltc, yes. Real time if any? Not so sure. A kid in Lowell not long ago while high pointed a gun at his buddy, no ltc and shot him in the stomach, thought it was unloaded. Lot different than falling out of your pants. Almost killed him, walks all messed up now. He only got 18 months house of corrections.

Probably not, but it smells like this fed is walking totally given what nstassel mentioned above. In MA a peon would probably eat or plea out to a felony rap w/o jail time.

-Mike

Probably not, but it smells like this fed is walking totally given what nstassel mentioned above. In MA a peon would probably eat or plea out to a felony rap w/o jail time.

-Mike
Oh yeah I had to fight like hell to not have felony charges against a kid that actually shot his buddy with a bb gun in the head.

This was a deal designed to look like punishment to the public but to preserve his gun rights and career in the FBI. Probably never get promoted to an HQ job though.
For a "professional" he showed carelessness whilst carrying a firearm and that alone should DQ him from any form of concealed or open carry the rest of his life. What happens next time when he's ankle carrying in a conga line and the gun falls out during the leg kick part?

For a "professional" he showed carelessness whilst carrying a firearm and that alone should DQ him from any form of concealed or open carry the rest of his life. What happens next time when he's ankle carrying in a conga line and the gun falls out during the leg kick part?
He pled guilty and accepted a plea deal for a crime that makes him prohibited person under federal law. He was off duty and not conducting FBI business. He will not like probation. He will not even be able to carry a pocketknife without written permission from his probation officer. A friend went through it and it sucks. His stepson could not even keep his GAMO .177 air rifle in the house. His wife turned it over to her ex, the kid's father, for safekeeping.

Back
Top Bottom