FBI Agent shoots man in the leg after dropping gun in nightclub

New headquarters parking attendant? Everyone can point, roll the finger, and laugh as they go by

A man who was accidentally shot by an off-duty FBI agent at a Colorado nightclub on Saturday will now receive free drinks from the bar for life.

The patron of Mile High Spirits Distillery and Tasting Bar, in Denver, was shot in the leg around 12:45 a.m. after the agent allegedly shot him as he grabbed his gun off the floor after it fell out of his waistband holster.

The distillery, according to Fox 31, said it's "shocking that the only shooting to ever occur at our establishment came about as a result of an FBI agent entering our distillery tasting room carrying a loaded firearm without our knowledge, in violation of our rules."

Management of Mile High Spirits said they plan to speak to the FBI to understand why the off-duty agent was armed in their establishment.

Police interviewed the agent after the shooting before releasing him to an FBI supervisor. The Denver Police Department's homicide unit is investigating, and charges filed will be determined by the district attorney's office.

Mile High's statement said the team is wishing the patron, who was taken to the hospital in good condition after the incident, a quick recovery and added he will receive "complimentary drinks forever."

That news report actually makes it sound like the guy isn't going to walk. Any one of us would have been thrown in the clink for assault with a deadly weapon or equivalent, even if it was an "accident". I'll believe it when I actually see the conviction though....

That news report actually makes it sound like the guy isn't going to walk. Any one of us would have been thrown in the clink for assault with a deadly weapon or equivalent, even if it was an "accident". I'll believe it when I actually see the conviction though....
I don’t think anything major will come of it. If anything does it will be buried in the news

Sounds like his wound was much more serious than the early reporting suggested. Bleeding through a bunch of first aid and blacking out. :confused: Don't much care for the line about waiting for the blood test before charging. We know the fed ND'd causing injury, arrest him now for that and amend the charges as more evidence is collected. There's clear evidence that he committed a crime, drunk or not, to justify an arrest now.

I wonder if they performed the BAC test right away or asked him to come in a few days later. If he wasn't there on official FBI business, the FBI shouldn't be involved in this investigation at all. If I was drunk and shot someone at a club I doubt my boss would be handling the investigation.

My guess is a career limiting discipline (letter of reprimand or suspension that perpetually blocks promotion to command ranks or HQ positions) but he will skate without picking up PP status.

My guess that at 29 he may be a new hire and still in the probation period. If so, he will be fired. If he is past the probation period and wasn't drinking, then he will be OPR'ed. But nothing will come of that. If he was drinking, then he's going to run into real problems

My guess that at 29 he may be a new hire and still in the probation period. If so, he will be fired. If he is past the probation period and wasn't drinking, then he will be OPR'ed. But nothing will come of that. If he was drinking, then he's going to run into real problems

the real irony, is no one will ever know the outcome

Sounds like his wound was much more serious than the early reporting suggested. Bleeding through a bunch of first aid and blacking out. :confused:
Late report says it severed his femoral artery and he would have bled out if a guy hadn't made a tourniquet with his belt.

I love the bogus media accounting:

"When he went to pick up the weapon, it went off. A bullet hit Reddington in his outer left leg just below the knee and exited his inner leg, he said."

Makes it sound like the gun fired all by itself without him touching it.

-Mike

I love the bogus media accounting:

"When he went to pick up the weapon, it went off. A bullet hit Reddington in his outer left leg just below the knee and exited his inner leg, he said."

Makes it sound like the gun fired all by itself without him touching it.

-Mike

Probably a glock. They don't have safeties. They're dangerous.
It was an "accidental discharge".
Law Enforcement and Military are highly trained personnel who are the only ones qualified to handle firearms.

Did I leave anything out?

How is that the bars fault?
Did the bar wand everyone upon entry? If not, some contingency fee counsel could argue negligence and get a nice settlement in return for not taking the case to trial.

The bar owner did one smart thing. The shootee is on the "free drinks for life" program.

Last edited:
Did the bar want everyone upon entry? If not, some contingency fee counsel could argue negligence and get a nice settlement in return for not taking the case to trial.

The bar owner did one smart thing. The shootee is on the "free drinks for life" program.
Going after a business because someone had a gun? ...that is a scumbag move.

And he won't spend a day behind bars...

Dancing FBI agent charged with second-degree assault, booked into jail over back flip gunfire

An FBI agent whose gun appeared to accidentally fire in a video showing him dancing at a Denver nightclub and doing a back flip before dropping the weapon has been booked into jail. Chase Bishop, who is based in the bureau's Washington Field Office, was charged Tuesday with one count of second-degree assault, the Denver District Attorney's office said.

Bishop turned himself in to the Denver Sheriff Department on Tuesday morning after a warrant was issued for his arrest, according to Denver police.

Denver Police had previously said they were awaiting the results of alcohol and drug tests before making an arrest. The district attorney's office said in a statement investigators are still awaiting the tests to determine Bishop's blood alcohol content at the time of the incident, and additional charges may be pending.

"We are filing this charge now rather than waiting until the [blood alcohol content] report is received, which we understand could take another week, because sufficient evidence has been presented to file it," Denver District Attorney Beth McCann said in the statement. "If an additional charge needs to be filed after further evidence is received, we can file those charges then."[/quote]

Hey.. special agent gene gene the dancin machine.. we’d like to introduce you to your new partner.. his name is Lon Horcuhi....

Hmm.. most of you will probably not remember either of those..

Gene gene the dancing machine was great (so was Chuck Barris),..

Lon Horcuhi was some kind of spokesperson, consultant for Troy industries for awhile (not sure if he still is or not).
Troy got a lot of shit about it, but they still kept him on.

Gene gene the dancing machine was great (so was Chuck Barris),..

Lon Horcuhi was some kind of spokesperson, consultant for Troy industries for awhile (not sure if he still is or not).
Troy got a lot of shit about it, but they still kept him on.

He is best known for being the FBI sniper at Ruby Ridge and shooting an unarmed Vickie Weaver.

Fibbee needs to get EXACTLY what a "civilian" would. Never happen.

Also, what is this BS about "waiting for BAC results" taking days or weeks? I've been in Healthcare 20+ years and a BAC takes minutes. And no, "chain of custody" doesn't add an appreciable amount of time.

Hey.. special agent gene gene the dancin machine.. we’d like to introduce you to your new partner.. his name is Lon Horcuhi....

Hmm.. most of you will probably not remember either of those..

I feel old.

Chuck Barris wrote in his autobiography "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind" that he worked for the CIA as an assassin. Though he is more known for his television shows, directly or indirectly.
Chuck Barris, ‘Gong Show’ Host, Dies at 87

Lon Tomohisa Horiuchi (born June 9, 1954) is the American FBI agent who shot Vicki Weaver at Ruby Ridge in 1992. An FBI HRT sniper and former US Army officer, he was involved in controversial deployments during the 1992 Ruby Ridge standoff and 1993 Waco siege. In 1997, Horiuchi was charged with manslaughter for the death of Vicki Weaver at Ruby Ridge, but the charges were later dropped.

Last edited:
In 1997, Horiuchi was charged with manslaughter for the death of Vicki Weaver at Ruby Ridge, but the charges were later dropped.
The federal court basically ruled that a state grand jury cannot indict a federal LEO for killing under official orders.

It looks like when they told this guy at Quantico it was range day he thought they said it was a rain day,and never showed up for training.Well all I can say take a knee,and don't bend over for the soap.

Back
Top Bottom