"Fast And Furious/Gunwalker" mega-thread... was: ATF director expected to resign...

I guarantee you that he either will NOT testify or will refuse to answer almost all their questions, citing executive privilege or somesuch.

It's an exercise in futility to try to get accountability from these turkeys.

This, unfortunately.

I guarantee you that he either will NOT testify or will refuse to answer almost all their questions, citing executive privilege or somesuch.

Be as it may, it'd be lovely to smear his (and his his boss') pants with some peanut butter. [smile]

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/279201/holder-s-dubious-history-andrew-c-mccarthy?page=1

For the moment, my point is simply this: No one ought to be surprised by what is happening. Readers may recall my vigorous contentions that Mr. Holder’s history should disqualify him from serving as attorney general (see, e.g., here, here, here, here, here). President Obama should not have nominated him, and I urged that the Senate not confirm him. Beltway Republicans, however, rallied to Holder’s defense, and Senate Republicans dutifully joined their Democratic counterparts in overwhelmingly approving his appointment.

One of the many arguments I made was based on Holder’s record of providing misleading congressional testimony.

When he served as Clinton-administration deputy attorney general, Holder engineered the scandalous Marc Rich pardon by creating a rogue procedure that allowed the fugitive fraudster and his attorneys to appeal directly to President Clinton rather than go through DOJ’s regular pardon process. The regular process would have required input from the U.S. attorney’s office handling Rich’s case — the Southern District of New York, where I worked for many years (including when the pardon was granted). That input would have doomed the pardon by making Clinton undeniably aware of the nature and dimension of Rich’s criminal conduct.

By keeping the prosecutors who knew about Rich’s case out of the process, Holder ensured that Clinton was one-sidedly exposed to the Rich camp’s version of events. This greatly benefited Rich’s legal team, which was led by former Clinton White House Counsel Jack Quinn, a close confidant of Vice President Al Gore. When he was helping Rich in 1999 and 2000, Holder was hoping to be made attorney general in what Democrats were confident would be a Gore administration.

I'd like to see the USAG office be an elected position instead of a presidential appointment.

How can an AG go after political corruption when he serves at the whim of the president ???

I'd like to see the USAG office be an elected position instead of a presidential appointment.

How can an AG go after political corruption when he serves at the whim of the president ???

One can make an equally valid argument that elected officials will pander to what gets them re-elected.

Historically AGs have been pretty independent. Yes, there are exceptions, but they are exceptions, not the rule.

I've merged these threads... all F&F/Gunwalker stuff should go here from now on... no need to make a new one for it.

-Mike

Can the BATFE over rule an FBI NICS check? Or does the FBI need to sign on, or were they simply following DOJ directives?

Well, not explicitly in law, but there is the "Do what we tell you to do or you lose your license, and if you really piss us off we will find something you did wrong somewhere, and send you to prison or at least bankrupt you while trying to send you to prison" problem. As most FFLs will tell you, telling BATFE to FOAD is a rather costly endeavor.

There's also the issue that there is likely behavior that they encouraged that had nothing to do with NICS checks. For example a couple of guys come in and one guy with a wad of cash is telling the other guy what he wants him (the guy with the clean record) to buy. That's an obvious straw purchase... I would bet an integral component of F&F was BATFE telling the FFLs to intentionally ignore these obvious straw purchase attempts and just sell them whatever they wanted. Since there's no way to detect a straw on paper it gives BATFE greater plausible deniability... if there is no
NICS check to be "ignored".

-Mike

Interesting.

They will try to duck behind the semantics of "Fast and Furious" vs "Project Gun Runner"

You know and I know, this is BS, but that's what they will claim/have claimed.

I love how $10M in "recovery Act" funds goes to this... WTF? [sad2]

As I've said, this is a CIA covert war in Mexico against the Zetas with Mexican .gov involvement, no way in hell Barry didn't know about it.

Not to mention the Hillary connection with the "90%" figure and the memos looking for manufactured evidence form this to push for the multi-long-gun forms.

Last edited by a moderator:
They will try to duck behind the semantics of "Fast and Furious" vs "Project Gun Runner"

You know and I know, this is BS, but that's what they will claim/have claimed.

I love how $10M in "recovery Act" funds goes to this... WTF? [sad2]

As I've said, this is a CIA covert war in Mexico against the Zetas with Mexican .gov involvement, no way in hell Barry didn't know about it.

Not to mention the Hillary connection with the "90%" figure and the memos looking for manufactured evidence form this to push for the multi-long-gun forms.

and I would be 100% fine with him taking out the Zetas if he weren't looking for a twofer against US. So he can go down in flames as far as I'm concerned.

it was all the talk amongst the chattering class back around the time that Calderon got a standing O from half of congress when he gave his "speech"

Remember? Right around the same time there was a news cycle that lasted about 2 weeks, in which they continuously hammered home the "90%" factoid, over and over, that and the "iron river of guns".

It was right around that time that the FBI/BATFE/CIA (pick your alphabet soup agency) was indeed opening the flood gates to ensure this was happening.

Wayne LaPierre had a great presentation about it at the GOAL Banquet. Here's a new video from NRA News.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's review.

In May 2011, Attorney General Eric Holder told a Congressional committee under oath that he had just heard about Fast and Furious operation "in the last few weeks."

Shortly thereafter, CBS News reported that Eric Holder had received at least 5 different emails, addressed to him, in 2010 concerning the gun-running program. (video)

Two months earlier, in March 2011, during a CNN Espanol interview, Barack Obama said:

"I heard in the news about this story where, uh, Fast and Furious, uh, allegedly, uh, guns were being run into Mexico and ATF knew about it but didn’t apprehend those who had sent it. Eric Holder, the Attorney General has been very clear he knew nothing about this. We’ve assigned an IG, an Inspector General, to investigate it. "

Obama’s statement, months before Holder’s testimony, directly conflicts with the AG’s testimony under oath. (video)

In March 2009, Janet Napolitan described the operation perfectly and said that the Department of Justice (DoJ) moved their agents down there (Mexico) and that Holder's Justice Department was a player in the operation. (video)

On March 24, 2009, just sixty days after the inauguration, Deputy Attorney General David Ogden announced from the White House that, "the president has directed us to take action.... and Attorney General Holder and I have taken several new and aggressive steps..." (video)

So there you have incontrovertible evidence that the Attorney General of the United States lied to the United States Congress under oath.

The head law enforcement officer of the United States of America, and Barack Obama's and the New Black Panthers' buddy, is demonstrably a perjuror and impeachment proceddings should begin immediately.

...The head law enforcement officer of the United States of America, and Barack Obama's and the New Black Panthers' buddy, is demonstrably a perjurer and impeachment proceedings should begin immediately.

So how does this happen? Do we write Scott Brown and ask him to do this? Is there anything to be done here? How do we keep the pressure on?

So how does this happen? Do we write Scott Brown and ask him to do this? Is there anything to be done here? How do we keep the pressure on?

Rep Issa is a pitbull, he won't rest until he has answers. If anything, write him and thank him, as the chair of oversight he has done a fantastic job.

Back
Top Bottom