• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Falmouth - Article 13 Gun Trade In Vote Tonight in special town meeting.

Rockrivr1

NES Member
A female reverend is going after the towns policy of trading in “assault weapons” for new guns. She wants them destroyed no matter how much the town could get for trade in. She collected enough signatures to bring it to a BOD vote tonight.

Article 13 requests the adoption of a bylaw that would ensure the destruction of surplus assault rifles, regardless of value. Recommended by the select board and petitioned by Woods Hole resident Nan Logan, this article follows a fierce debate earlier this year over whether to sell or destroy the Falmouth Police Department‘s used assault rifles. The rifles were sold.

A female reverend is going after the towns policy of trading in “assault weapons” for new guns. She wants them destroyed no matter how much the town could get for trade in. She collected enough signatures to bring it to a BOD vote tonight.

Paywall - seriously?

Why do they need new guns?

How old are these ones?
Did they already fire 2 full mags?

Did anyone tell her the industry will just laugh at her and they will make more? A used AR getting destroyed is not really a market disruption....

Grandmothers against Gun Violence.

Town government, 99% of the time, is an awful thing. I continue to wonder how humans ever evolved to where we are today when I watch it.

Lack-ville had a big town meeting last night over their hospital property. They've had multiple chances to improve the property over the years. The people keep turning it down and kicking the can down the road. Latest is a warehouse. "We don't want those trucks in our town." LADY! THE F'ING HOSPITAL IS ON THE TOWN LINE AND 495 IS 400YDS OVER THE LINE IN MIDDLEBORO! YOU'RE NOT GOING TO GET TRAFFIC!!!!!!

They did the same thing with the country-club property. "We don't want a warehouse or 40B." So it was put-up/shut-up time. Buy the land or get stuck with development. They balked at a vote to buy the land. It's all in limbo now - but they're gonna end up with 40B b/c you can't stop it.

Trucks or tykes. Those are your choices. Either some trucks going to Middleburrrah or building a few new schools. OR, pay to buy out hte properties and turn them into parks. But it's gonna cost the town either way. People think they can just stop progress.

But with this - I'm not shocked. And $12K is a drop in the bucket. What is that? A buck a household??? Seems cheap to them. Stupid, but cheap. The Cape is the looney bin of the Looney Left for sure.

So, that's what's going on. When we had cats we used Lakeville Animal Hospital for our vet. Went by the old hospital all the time. I like the fake police car sitting at the gate. Nice touch.

We were wondering that was going on there. Weren't they trying to sell the old house on the edge of the property, but required it to be moved?

You're right about the location, it's barely in Lakeville.

Looney bin? Ever been to Northampton?

Town government, 99% of the time, is an awful thing. I continue to wonder how humans ever evolved to where we are today when I watch it.

Lack-ville had a big town meeting last night over their hospital property. They've had multiple chances to improve the property over the years. The people keep turning it down and kicking the can down the road. Latest is a warehouse. "We don't want those trucks in our town." LADY! THE F'ING HOSPITAL IS ON THE TOWN LINE AND 495 IS 400YDS OVER THE LINE IN MIDDLEBORO! YOU'RE NOT GOING TO GET TRAFFIC!!!!!!

They did the same thing with the country-club property. "We don't want a warehouse or 40B." So it was put-up/shut-up time. Buy the land or get stuck with development. They balked at a vote to buy the land. It's all in limbo now - but they're gonna end up with 40B b/c you can't stop it.

Trucks or tykes. Those are your choices. Either some trucks going to Middleburrrah or building a few new schools. OR, pay to buy out hte properties and turn them into parks. But it's gonna cost the town either way. People think they can just stop progress.

But with this - I'm not shocked. And $12K is a drop in the bucket. What is that? A buck a household??? Seems cheap to them. Stupid, but cheap. The Cape is the looney bin of the Looney Left for sure.

Similar problem in Mendon. There's a large piece of property on Rt 140 behind the Gasco that is currently being looked at to build a huge warehouse for one of the big online distributors. The town desperately needs the tax revenue but the property backs up to some of the most expensive residential property in the town and those people are up in arms about noise, lights and activities at all times of the day. They are currently trying to block the sale of the property and stop the warehouse from going in. Even though the town is virtually broke and needs the tax money.

The old Draper Factory in Hopedale would be much better, but I expect that they'd run into the same type of opposition. As I recall, there is a rail head next to where the building was. I wonder what happened to all the brick from the torn down factory?

Plus, they have easy access to Hopedale International Airport. [rofl]

Similar problem in Mendon. There's a large piece of property on Rt 140 behind the Gasco that is currently being looked at to build a huge warehouse for one of the big online distributors. The town desperately needs the tax revenue but the property backs up to some of the most expensive residential property in the town and those people are up in arms about noise, lights and activities at all times of the day. They are currently trying to block the sale of the property and stop the warehouse from going in. Even though the town is virtually broke and needs the tax money.

That's all I have to say.. I got this sticker at the gun show.... I don't understand why banning something makes the world safer.... I'm from the school.. that every house should have a minimum 4 inch 6 shot .38 or better revolver and a 12 guage shotgun....

You don't like ARs don't buy them... These old libtard women...

Try explaining this to people in the south... They think it's a joke..

Attachments

• IMG_20221115_204948.jpg
    IMG_20221115_204948.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 16
Better than even chance her vestments are rainbow colored...

1668610260124.png

EDIT: Hah!! Called it!! I'm actually surprised her hair doesn't have purple highlights.

1668613695503.png

Last edited:

FALMOUTH — Voters appropriated around $13 million to town needs, created a new bylaw regarding surplus police assault weapons and rejected a petition to reverse the plastic water bottle ban at town meeting on Monday night.

There were 190 voters at the meeting held at the Lawrence School Auditorium. Here are some of the major issues town meeting voted on:

Falmouth police surplus assault weapon bylaw approved
Voters approved a new bylaw to the Code of Falmouth that mandates surplus police assault weapons be destroyed rather than sold to gun dealers.

In the past, it was a common procedure for the Falmouth Police Department to sell its surplus weapons back to gun dealers as part of deals to purchase new weapons. In May, the Falmouth Police Department finalized a deal with Hyannis gun store Powderhorn Outfitters to sell Powderhorn over 20 AR-15 semi-automatic weapons to receive credit toward a new purchase.

This spurred a petition drive by Falmouth residents to stop the gun deal. The petition was submitted to the Select Board with more than 300 signatures but it failed to sway town officials. As a result, a citizen's petition was filed by Nan Logan, to create a bylaw regulating surplus police weapons.

On Monday, Logan, who was joined by the Rev. Deborah Warner, said assault weapons should be destroyed rather than put on the open market. They said assault weapons sold back to gun stores could appear in other states, assault weapons are illegal in Massachusetts, and used for criminal violence.

Destroying the surplus weapons is a small answer to rising gun violence across the country, Logan said.

A woman, who appeared to be relatively young, said in support of the new bylaw that her generation lives at a time when school and mass shootings are considered normal. She said she did not want her children to experience the same thing.

Another voter, who spoke against the bylaw, said that nobody in Falmouth was ever killed with an assault weapon and that the police department loses money if they can’t sell surplus weapons.

However, another voter countered this, saying just because no one died in Falmouth because of an assault weapon doesn’t mean more weapons should be put on the street.

The voice vote was resoundingly in favor of the bylaw.

ETA: an article highlighting the Reverend.

FALMOUTH — Voters appropriated around $13 million to town needs, created a new bylaw regarding surplus police assault weapons and rejected a petition to reverse the plastic water bottle ban at town meeting on Monday night.

There were 190 voters at the meeting held at the Lawrence School Auditorium. Here are some of the major issues town meeting voted on:

Falmouth police surplus assault weapon bylaw approved
Voters approved a new bylaw to the Code of Falmouth that mandates surplus police assault weapons be destroyed rather than sold to gun dealers.

In the past, it was a common procedure for the Falmouth Police Department to sell its surplus weapons back to gun dealers as part of deals to purchase new weapons. In May, the Falmouth Police Department finalized a deal with Hyannis gun store Powderhorn Outfitters to sell Powderhorn over 20 AR-15 semi-automatic weapons to receive credit toward a new purchase.

This spurred a petition drive by Falmouth residents to stop the gun deal. The petition was submitted to the Select Board with more than 300 signatures but it failed to sway town officials. As a result, a citizen's petition was filed by Nan Logan, to create a bylaw regulating surplus police weapons.

On Monday, Logan, who was joined by the Rev. Deborah Warner, said assault weapons should be destroyed rather than put on the open market. They said assault weapons sold back to gun stores could appear in other states, assault weapons are illegal in Massachusetts, and used for criminal violence.

Destroying the surplus weapons is a small answer to rising gun violence across the country, Logan said.

A woman, who appeared to be relatively young, said in support of the new bylaw that her generation lives at a time when school and mass shootings are considered normal. She said she did not want her children to experience the same thing.

Another voter, who spoke against the bylaw, said that nobody in Falmouth was ever killed with an assault weapon and that the police department loses money if they can’t sell surplus weapons.

However, another voter countered this, saying just because no one died in Falmouth because of an assault weapon doesn’t mean more weapons should be put on the street.

The voice vote was resoundingly in favor of the bylaw.

ETA: an article highlighting the Reverend.

I'm sure the Reverend packed the place with her followers to get that bylaw passed. Wasn't much new coverage on this so I'm thinking most people who are gun owners in town didn't even know it was an article. Interesting that it doesn't affect this particular trade in happening now as it's already in process. It'll block the next one though.

Back
Top Bottom