FA-10 forms

Len has it right, GUIDO and his band of a**h***s need to be held to the law. When any of you make life easy for them, you only empower them to further disregard the law, and UNLAWFULLY interpet the laws the way that they wish them to be.

OK, I'll play. What law governs what Guido and his b.o.a. do to us?

That doesn't really answer my question. Those tell us how WE are governed, not the state officials. I don't think I've ever seen anything in there which tells a state authority what they can or cannot regulate, nor how they do it.

Then what the heck are you asking?

If you are asking what statute requires (and allows) Guida to provide forms of his choice for us to register via FA-10, then I gave you the correct answer. Specifically, see MGL Chapter 140 Section 128A, which reads, in part:

..and provided, further, that such resident reports within seven days, in writing to the commissioner of the department of criminal justice information services on forms furnished by said executive director, the names and addresses of the seller and the purchaser of any such large capacity feeding device, firearm, rifle or shotgun, together with a complete description of the firearm, rifle or shotgun...

Furthermore, most executive agencies have the power (given to them by statute) to enact regulations. The Executive Office of Public Safety (EOPS) has enacted firearms regulations. The Attorney General's office has enacted firearms regulations.

If you are asking something different, then explain exactly what it is that you are asking. Be specific, not general.

...Furthermore, most executive agencies have the power (given to them by statute) to enact regulations. The Executive Office of Public Safety (EOPS) has enacted firearms regulations. The Attorney General's office has enacted firearms regulations.

I guess it is this set of statutes that I am wondering about. Where are they given these powers? How might these powers be revoked? Wasn't there talk at one time, maybe even by GOAL, to limit the powers of these agencies and the AG?

If not total removal, how about changing to somewhere other than "criminal justice", as indicated in your quote below:
and provided, further, that such resident reports within seven days, in writing to the commissioner of the department of criminal justice information services on forms furnished by said executive director, the names and addresses of the seller and the purchaser of any such large capacity feeding device, firearm, rifle or shotgun, together with a complete description of the firearm, rifle or shotgun...

Bottom line is, regardless of the practical reality, each and every law and regulation regarding firearms at the feral, state and local government level, is unconstitutional.

The sole lawful recourse the government has to deal with firearms is individually, following a crime, through due process of law.

After being born with what some called a defect at the time (Left handed) and had the penmanship teacher removing the pencil from my left hand and put it in my right until after the second grade. My hand writing skills are less than perfect. Some have told me that my hand writing is unreadable This is why I will only use the paper FA-10 form. Happy Scanning

See how easy it is to screw with Guido and company.

It's funny how many MA gun owners don't see this and decide to just bend over and take it.

Though, I'm sure the newest gun owner and L33T Call of Duty: Modern Welfare 2 progamerz or iBook yuppy finds the online form very convenient and a huge time saver. They can't be bothered....

Searching and reading through old posts, I haven't been able to find a recent answer so bumping this thread with a question-

Wanted to know about transfering guns from my license to my husband's since he now has his LTC. Knowing there is a 4 FA-10 transfer limit per year, does using a dealer count as 1?

Last edited:
Searching and reading through old posts, I haven't been able to find a recent answer so bumping this thread with a question...

My LTC came in a month before my husband's. Now that he has his we want to transfer his half of our acquisitions to his license. Tracked down some paper FA-10's at a neighboring PD since ours just directed us to go online. Is the limit still 4 transactions per year? And is it calendar year? Is there any kind of 'flag' raised if they are not spread out over a year and are done at once? We have 5 to transfer and just want to make sure we do it the right way. Any feedback is appreciated!

4 per "calendar year". If there are multiple handguns, it could be flagged, but is perfectly legal. Transfer 4 via FA-10, and one through an FFL (at a cost). Or wait until Jan 1, next year.

Thanks Bill. We wondered if doing it through the dealer would still count as one of our 4 transfers, but that isn't the case?

Searching and reading through old posts, I haven't been able to find a recent answer so bumping this thread with a question...

My LTC came in a month before my husband's. Now that he has his we want to transfer his half of our acquisitions to his license. Tracked down some paper FA-10's at a neighboring PD since ours just directed us to go online. Is the limit still 4 transactions per year? And is it calendar year? Is there any kind of 'flag' raised if they are not spread out over a year and are done at once? We have 5 to transfer and just want to make sure we do it the right way. Any feedback is appreciated!

Bill is correct, but is there any particular reason to have half of them transferred into his name? As far as I know this lends no advantage, you both can carry any firearm as long as you're licensed, doesn't matter who's it is.

FFL transfers dont count as one off the 4. You may find a FFL willing to do all 5 for a flat rate if you are going that route. Only advantage to that is it saves your 4 transfers if you thought you would want them later.

Getting the FA-10 forms?

I have been requesting the Serialized form by calling the CHSB and have received them through the mail.
It may take a little longer, but if you plan out your sales, it will be less of a headache in the future.
Phone: 617-660-4782

Can you walk into their office in Chelsea and get them in person?

Back
Top Bottom