FA-10 forms

No - You need to get them from your local PD, call CHSB, or even the GOAL office has them for members to be picked up.

No. They are multi-part carbonless forms and can only be picked up at a local police station or if you call the CHSB and they will mail some to you

Regards,
Paul

10:32, 10:32, 10:33, 10:34 all with similar replies ... lol

And you wonder why people don't use the search function more often - we are just too quick for em.

There is no reason I can see why it couldn't be made into an electronic form. Why can't CHSB add a form to their website where you could enter in the information. It could even verify that your name and address match your LTC/FID # and then give you a page that you can print for you records.

It would save time and money on both ends, we wouldn't need to buy postage and mail it, the CHSB wouldn't have to pay as many people to scan them in.

There is no reason I can see why it couldn't be made into an electronic form. Why can't CHSB add a form to their website where you could enter in the information. It could even verify that your name and address match your LTC/FID # and then give you a page that you can print for you records.

It would save time and money on both ends, we wouldn't need to buy postage and mail it, the CHSB wouldn't have to pay as many people to scan them in.

Because it is a legal document that requires at least one, and usually TWO, signatures.

What Scrivener said, plus, I don't want to see the FA10 process improved for the state: I want to see the whole process gone! IMNSHO the less useful and more inefficient it is for the state the better. Maybe it will collapse and die of it's own weight some day.

What Scrivener said, plus, I don't want to see the FA10 process improved for the state: I want to see the whole process gone! IMNSHO the less useful and more inefficient it is for the state the better. Maybe it will collapse and die of it's own weight some day.

+1
A true Libertarian sentiment.

It's already done online.

Because it is a legal document that requires at least one, and usually TWO, signatures.

OK? So...print off two forms, sign both and each keep one?? It's done in many gun shops all around the state now. There's no reason that that process couldn't be moved to public domain.

That's a much better reason than "it's a legal document". I would much rather not have to do it, I just figured everything (well almost) else in this world is being done online.

But... think of the loss of all those patronage jobs if that happened! [shocked]

That's how gun stores do it. They enter it into the computer and it spits out the FA10 form. But I think the data is submitted directly from those stores.

That's how gun stores do it. They enter it into the computer and it spits out the FA10 form. But I think the data is submitted directly from those stores.

Correct, I still fail to see why the same process can't be done for you and I?

Correct.

The only original, signed hard copies in existence are with the FFL and the buyer

Exactly. And who's to prove that they were printed off and signed. And the cool thing, if someone loses one, you can look it up. I've had people come into the store a month or so later and tell me they lost thier FA-10. I take thier license, enter the number, pull up the FA-10 and print them another one.

I remember the 1st time I bought a gun at a store where I put my finger on the scanner and all of my info came up in the computer, I started thinking. I noticed that they had my SSN on the printout, when I've never in my life put my SSN on any gun license app., ATF 4473, or FA-10. They couldn't tell me why it was there, suggested I speak to the state.

Anyone here about TJMaxx's online info theft scandal? Or the VA info that was stolen? Or any of the other daily occurrances of hacking and identity theft through all kinds of online systems? Imagine, all of your info is on the Internet, hackable by anyone in the world, with a list of every gun they have in the system, all of your info, your fingerprints, etc. etc.

Like Kevin9 said, this needs to end. There's nothing good that can come from having all of that info online for convenience.

I remember the 1st time I bought a gun at a store where I put my finger on the scanner and all of my info came up in the computer, I started thinking. I noticed that they had my SSN on the printout, when I've never in my life put my SSN on any gun license app., ATF 4473, or FA-10. They couldn't tell me why it was there, suggested I speak to the state.

Anyone here about TJMaxx's online info theft scandal? Or the VA info that was stolen? Or any of the other daily occurrances of hacking and identity theft through all kinds of online systems? Imagine, all of your info is on the Internet, hackable by anyone in the world, with a list of every gun they have in the system, all of your info, your fingerprints, etc. etc.

Like Kevin9 said, this needs to end. There's nothing good that can come from having all of that info online for convenience.

My guess would be the state has ways it can get your SSN without you providing it.

Hmmmmm....isn't it great to be in Massachusetts??....lol

We have one on the forum that you can actually fill in via your computer made by our very own Scouter Rick. I'm tired but someone will be around shortly with the link

So is a printed Fa10 acceptable now? I see the PDF form Mass.Gov but can't find where it says this is now acceptable. Are we to assume its ok? That just seem like a bad idea in Mass.

Back
Top Bottom