FA-10 forms

The "Generate Firearms License Validation" page seemed interesting, so I clicked on the link. Some stuff was displayed, along with:

"This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect
securely to 72.14.204.147, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure."

[laugh2]

So, they want you to send your PIN across the internet via an unsecure connection. [rolleyes]

That is a Firefox error, the page remains https:// and is signed/validated by Thawte, Inc.

Last edited:
I think I've stopped on most of the police departments between my home and work and no one has them, some said they had a few but people have come by and taken what they had after they went electronic. :(

That is a Firefox error, the page remains https:// and is signed/validated by Thawte, Inc.

Since you like the e-FA-10 system, I suggest you fll out the PDF form and send them a check for $20 (last time I looked) for a list of what you own, then go to the following section on the website you referenced. Make sure you register EVERY prior transaction that they don't know about, and be 100% honest and put down the date you actually acquired each and every gun you register this way.

Registration
  • Use this option if 3) you possess a firearm, rifle, shotgun or machine gun and there is no record of the weapon on file with the Firearms Records Bureau.

Then let us know how things work out for you when "they come knockin" to "discuss" your late registrations of all those guns and perhaps threaten to charge you with violations of MGL C. 140 S. 128A (10 yr felony) & 128B (1st offense-Misdemeanor fine, subsequent-10 felony).

Like? What part of the Mass registration part is there to like? I don't recall every saying "like" or even "I prefer", I simply said "I use." Whether right, wrong, not preferred, or avoided like the plague, that the path I used when it first came out, prior to trying scouring the plethora of conflicting information both on here and on the interwebs, much of which created by our lovely state. That said, I have confirmed with the FRB that previous transactions were accounted for and if there were any issue. At the time, (circa Nov 2011), there were none.

Now, I don't doubt that there are terrible issues with the many different systems in place to handle registrations/transfer/etc, however, do you have any past court precedents, cases, or literature that explain or makes reference to particular examples of why NOT to use the e-FA-10 and what the result has/could be?

Thanks in advance.

Since you like the e-FA-10 system...

Like? What part of the Mass registration part is there to like? I don't recall every saying "like" or even "I prefer", I simply said "I use." Whether right, wrong, not preferred, or avoided like the plague, that the path I used when it first came out, prior to trying scouring the plethora of conflicting information both on here and on the interwebs, much of which created by our lovely state. That said, I have confirmed with the FRB that previous transactions were accounted for and if there were any issue. At the time, (circa Nov 2011), there were none.

Now, I don't doubt that there are terrible issues with the many different systems in place to handle registrations/transfer/etc, however, do you have any past court precedents, cases, or literature that explain or makes reference to particular examples of why NOT to use the e-FA-10 and what the result has/could be?

Thanks in advance.

Jason?

Wow a civil meaningful response..thank Mike, I appreciate that (and I am not being sarcastic) ...I am going to call my friend anyway as I have not talked to him in a couple of weeks, He is a real good guy and questions have never been a bother to him

Have a good one

Jason,

Did you ever hear back from your friend at ATF?

Just curious.

What government office is responsible for taking in the FA-10 forms? What do they do with them exactly, and why? Where are they funded from? What is the annual budgeted expense for running this?

http://articles.boston.com/2011-01-27/news/29346563_1_budget-plan-health-care-spending-plan
Steep cuts in Patrick’s budget plan
January 27, 2011|Michael Levenson, Globe Staff

"Governor Deval Patrick proposed dozens of deep cuts, a few new fees, and some one-time fixes yesterday, as part of what he called a painful but ambitious plan to close a projected $1.2 billion budget gap and help to reinvent Massachusetts government."

http://gazettenet.com/2012/01/26/gov-patrick-unveils-323-billion-budget-that-would-cut-400-jobs
Gov. Patrick unveils $32.3 billion budget that would cut 400 jobs

"The filing of the budget by Patrick is only the first step in a lengthy process leading to final approval of the spending plan for the next fiscal year. Both the House and Senate will pass their versions of the spending plan, and then must resolve differences before sending a final budget to the governor to be signed."

The part in the red is the open door to kill two birds (FA-10 useless system and budget problems) with one stone.

I read this whole thread looking for the answer and I can't find it. Be nice, I'm asking because I really don't know. What's so bad about using an E-FA-10? Is it just because people don't like change? I assume if one can access a message board one can get to the .gov site to use an E-FA-10.

Most important is the actual signature of the buyer or seller. If you ever have to prove you sold a gun, an online form won't cut it in a court of law, even if you can get it to print. If a gun was used in a crime you may need to prove you sold it.

It's also more difficult to meet someplace that has internet and printing capabilities. My deals have all been done at either a parking lot, Dunkin donuts or a Mcdonalds.

Last edited:
Most important is the actual signature of the buyer or seller. If you ever have to prove you sold a gun, an online form won't cut it in a court of law, even if you can get it to print. If a gun was used in a crime you may need to prove you sold it.

It's also more difficult to meet someplace that has internet and printing capabilities. My deals have all been done at either a parking lot, Dunkin donuts or a Mcdonalds.

This makes sense. For a signature, how about a bill of sale with the same info as the EFA-10 and a couple of signature lines? They could be printed ahead of time and brought to the parking lot.

This makes sense. For a signature, how about a bill of sale with the same info as the EFA-10 and a couple of signature lines? They could be printed ahead of time and brought to the parking lot.

Then why not just do the FA-10. Now your doing 2 things. I also won't give out my pin# to anyone.

I was just visit my local PD. They give me a photocopy of the online pdf FA-10. [banghead][banghead][banghead]
I also visit the neighbor town PD. They instruct me to go online, download pdf and use the printout. [rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes]

Now, where can I get some FA-10?

Asked and answered. [laugh]

I thought I did. Just not the right answer. [wink]

I have several FTF transaction coming next week. Need a few FA10 since the local PD is not capable to provide help. Anyone nearby Burlington/Woburn/Billerica area have some genuine FA-10 and can spare, let me know. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone 5.

I thought I did. Just not the right answer. [wink]

I have several FTF transaction coming next week. Need a few FA10 since the local PD is not capable to provide help. Anyone nearby Burlington/Woburn/Billerica area have some genuine FA-10 and can spare, let me know. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone 5.

Use the copy that the PD gave you or print your own.

. . . What's so bad about using an E-FA-10? Is it just because people don't like change? I assume if one can access a message board one can get to the .gov site to use an E-FA-10.

Northeast Shooters, while it accommodates many area gun enthusiasts and those in the field, is not *everyone*. There are a heck of a lot of people that have have owned and used guns all their lives and don't use computers or never heard of NES.

Then why not just do the FA-10. Now your doing 2 things. I also won't give out my pin# to anyone.

To conduct a FTF transfer you have to have one computer, connected to the internet, with a printer, at the time of the transaction.

I will not ever type a password / pin into someone else's computer. I don't know that they take proper care wtf virus, trojan, keyloggers. For that matter they might run a keylogger of their own for nefarious purposes.

I would expect others to have the same reservations about using *my* computer to do the transfer. They don't know me.

I suppose you could do the transfer in the lobby of the police station or at the public library.

You guys make some good points. Thanks for the feedback. If they don't want people using the pdf version I guess the carbon version is the way to go, unless you already know the other party.

I was just visit my local PD. They give me a photocopy of the online pdf FA-10. [banghead][banghead][banghead]
I also visit the neighbor town PD. They instruct me to go online, download pdf and use the printout. [rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes]

Now, where can I get some FA-10?

Stopped into the new Seekonk PD-Fire facility on rt 44 this afternoon, Went to the window, Was met with a smile and how may I help you. I asked if they had any FA-10 forms, he took a look and then asked how many I would like. I left Happy

I was just visit my local PD. They give me a photocopy of the online pdf FA-10.
I also visit the neighbor town PD. They instruct me to go online, download pdf and use the printout.

Exact same answer i received today, at my PD from two people.
I will be sending in the copy they gave me.

Back
Top Bottom