extra nutty Globe Letter to the Editor

rep308

NES Member
OK this has got to be a spoof, this can't be serious right?

Guns, teachers, and self-defense

I AM a math teacher at Brockton High School, the site of a school shooting earlier this month.

Current school security procedures lock down school populations in the event of armed assault. Some advocate abandoning this practice as it holds everyone in place, allowing a shooter easily to find victims.

An alternative to lockdown is immediate exodus via announcement. Although this removes potential hostages and makes it nearly impossible for the shooter to acquire preselected targets, it unfairly rewards resourceful children who move to safety off-site more shrewdly and efficiently than others.

Schools should level playing fields, not intrinsically reward those more resourceful. A level barrel is fair to all fish.

Some propose overturning laws that made schools gun-free zones even for teachers who may be licensed to securely carry concealed firearms elsewhere. They argue that barring licensed-carry only ensures a defenseless, target-rich environment.

But as a progressive, I would sooner lay my child to rest than succumb to the belief that the use of a gun for self-defense is somehow not in itself a gun crime.

DOUG VAN GORDER
Quincy

Here is some more writings of this lunatic:

http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?section=125&article=66163

http://www.wickedlocal.com/quincy/n...ON-Better-to-spread-rights-than-to-hoard-them

Last edited:
It has to be a joke. Here's the text from one of the articles linked in the OP:

Keep diversity at all costs?
Stars and Stripes
Letters to the Editor, Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Immediately after the shootings at Fort Hood, Texas, the Army’s top officer, Gen. George Casey, said, "As horrific as this tragedy was, if our diversity becomes a casualty, I think that’s worse."

The general is spot on.

There is no more precious national cause than the continued creation and veneration of diversity. Diversity trumps the safety and lives of our soldiers, ourselves and our children. The deaths of 13 brave men and women constitute a tragic loss, but we can take comfort in knowing that their lives were given in the name of protecting Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan’s right to remain a member in good standing of the American military.

It is entirely appropriate that the Army never acted upon suspicions raised by Hasan’s earlier, perhaps troubling to some, behavior. It is appropriate because — and we must continually restate this as almost a mantra until progressivism sets our collective heart in the right place — he is an American whose very presence completes our national identity. And although we deplore the acts of violence Hasan allegedly committed, we deeply cherish his contribution to America’s diversity.

And the other:

Trying Khalid Sheikh Mohammed in civilian court signals America both strives for global approval and recognizes equality among all citizens of the world.

Should evidence from waterboarding be excluded at trial, some fear the accused may be found not guilty and freed to commit further attacks.

But threat of attack is much diminished now due to America’s increased global approval, approval that is a virtual security blanket President Obama has knitted from hope, change and powerful supplications before the world.

Should evidence from waterboarding not be excluded – admittedly setting a precedent permitting torture of citizens too – it will be worth the loss of our protections from such tactics in order to redistribute our rights to all humanity.

Better to spread rights, slightly thinned, than to hoard them even for our own children. Thankfully, our president values global equality, underscored each time he rightfully bows before world leaders in symbolic atonement for our disproportionate quality of life.

If it's a joke, I like this guy. He is an Uber-Troll of the highest magnitude.

Last edited:
"I would sooner lay my child to rest than succumb to the belief that the use of a gun for self-defense is somehow not in itself a gun crime."
Wow!!! That's really bizarre even for a rabid foaming-at-the-mouth MA moonbat!!!

CLMN

It has to be a joke. Here's the text from one of the articles linked in the OP:

And the other:

If it's a joke, I like this guy. He is an Uber-Troll of the highest magnitude.

I tend to think your right, at least I really hope so.

It appears he is who he says he is:
Whether true or troll is not entirely clear, but sadly I think he's for real.
...An alternative to lockdown is immediate exodus via announcement. Although this removes potential hostages and makes it nearly impossible for the shooter to acquire preselected targets, it unfairly rewards resourceful children who move to safety off-site more shrewdly and efficiently than others....
He's just pissed that some of the little buggers can run faster than he can [rolleyes]

I just read the editorial section - and saw this guys letter to the editor and couldn't believe what I was reading.

Then I asked myself: "is this guy for real?".

Being that it is Assachusetts - there is always a pretty good chance he is (deadly) serious.

It sounds like satire - well done satire - but that's the thing. I think this guy is really serious.

OK this has got to be a spoof, this can't be serious right?

Guns, teachers, and self-defense

I AM a math teacher at Brockton High School, the site of a school shooting earlier this month.

Current school security procedures lock down school populations in the event of armed assault. Some advocate abandoning this practice as it holds everyone in place, allowing a shooter easily to find victims.

An alternative to lockdown is immediate exodus via announcement. Although this removes potential hostages and makes it nearly impossible for the shooter to acquire preselected targets, it unfairly rewards resourceful children who move to safety off-site more shrewdly and efficiently than others.

Schools should level playing fields, not intrinsically reward those more resourceful. A level barrel is fair to all fish.

Some propose overturning laws that made schools gun-free zones even for teachers who may be licensed to securely carry concealed firearms elsewhere. They argue that barring licensed-carry only ensures a defenseless, target-rich environment.

But as a progressive, I would sooner lay my child to rest than succumb to the belief that the use of a gun for self-defense is somehow not in itself a gun crime.

DOUG VAN GORDER
Quincy

Here is some more writings of this lunatic:

http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?section=125&article=66163

http://www.wickedlocal.com/quincy/n...ON-Better-to-spread-rights-than-to-hoard-them

if that is how this guy feels, then he can get his ass up and onto the next plane to London.

The part about sacrificing the life of a child instead of using a gun to protect them tipped me off.

I think he stopped too short with his sarcasm. He should have said that just carrying a gun in self defense is a criminal act. [wink]

Yes, it was a joke and the maroons at the Glob probably didn't know the difference. [rolleyes]

This, unfortunately, is the way that many liberals think. He is serious and sadly that is what is happening to our children who are taught by these nut jobs. We have one here who writes a weekly piece in a newspaper and I have emailed him several times and determined that he is so far left as to be a lunatic, yet there are more of them out there than you realize. All you have to do is look at the gun laws of Mass. to see the results.

I definitely do not think this guy is serious. I think he's just trying to show how moonbat thought process' lead to negative consequences.

I still can't decide whether this guy is serious - or this is very well done satire. Maybe somebody here knows this guy? Isn't there an NES member who is a teacher in Brockton (for some reason I seem to recall that somebody here is).

His comments are showing up on other sites too:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14429010

If this guy is for real - he deserves to get Zumbo'ed.

Let the parents in Brockton know that the teachers think their kids should die.

If he is kidding - he deserves a pat on the back for a well done comment that made it past the loonies at the Globe.

The sad thing is our society has gotten so f---ed up that we can't tell if it's real or not, because there really is a large portion of the population that thinks that way, just like those jackasses that feel it's better for women to just be raped and "be a good witness" afterward than to carry a firearm to prevent themselves from being victimized in the first place.

The sad thing is our society has gotten so f---ed up that we can't tell if it's real or not, because there really is a large portion of the population that thinks that way, just like those jackasses that feel it's better for women to just be raped and "be a good witness" afterward than to carry a firearm to prevent themselves from being victimized in the first place.

That's the problem - there REALLY ARE people out there who think like this.

Which is why it's so hard to figure out whether this is satire or not.

Even if it IS a joke, it still makes me uncomfortable cuz I don't think I'll ever know...This thread will get buried somewhere, and no one will find out anything more.

I want to laugh, but just can't do it [hmmm]

Back
Top Bottom