excuse my ignorance

well then i guess by the standards here im a 22 year old barbaric hellraiser with no morals or values and an urge to kill...maybe i should join the marines then...but wait they still cant kill without the command to...now private contractors...thats where its at...kill at will and loot and pillage AND get paid for it...sounds like fun
You're kidding here... aren't you? [thinking]

well anyways...think what you will about my moral character...guess well see what happens when and if the shtf...and well see whos standing...whether or not its in front of the pearly gates with a big shit eatin grin on my face and blood on my hands or not
I don't think it will be in front of the pearly gates... [devil2] Check and find out.

well then i guess by the standards here im a 22 year old barbaric hellraiser with no morals or values and an urge to kill...

Quite the contrary! I think you are rather realistic about this. Not only now that you are 22, but think of how much worse those feelings will be, when you are 30, married, and have 2 starving children that don't even have the energy to cry over their hunger because they haven't eaten in 3 days and can do nothing but stare up at you with those big beautiful eyes that are only saying one thing, and one thing only. 'WHY DADDY'

You think you're barbaric now, let that scene play out, and see what you won't do to fix it!

Like I said before in my post...

I will do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to keep my family safe.... EVERYTHING!

If you don't feel the same way... fine, I'll see you on the other side!

All of this is arbitrary. NONE of us know what it means to survive in a Katrina-like situation/environment. Even the much vaunted "Blizzard of '78" was at worst, 3 lost days. And yes, we even had it in Ohio (we got it first) and I lived in the basement of the PD. [grin]

So, we really should look at this logically and really think about how any of us would respond and not just what we think we'd like to do. [thinking]

Wow bloodhound u are making friend here i can see that. Seriously though u SICKEN me. HAHAHA just kiddin i will just go down the street to ur house and join in the fun..so if we r in a serious situation and i come a knockin...dont go a shootin...cya in hell buddy [smile]

dwarven...here you go

Ninth Level of Hell - Cocytus

This is the deepest level of hell, where the fallen angel Satan himself resides. His wings flap eternally, producing chilling cold winds that freeze the thick ice found in Cocytus. The three faces of Satan, black, red, and yellow, can be seen with mouths gushing bloody foam and eyes forever weeping, as they chew on the three traitors, Judas, Brutus, and Cassius. This place is furthest removed from the source of all light and warmth. Sinners here are frozen deep in the ice, faces out, eyes and mouths frozen shut. Traitors against God, country, family, and benefactors lament their sins in this frigid pit of despair.

good thing i like the cold eh?

A man taking what he needs by gunpoint in a SHTF situation is a looter and perhaps a murderer. If I saw him raiding my neighbor I would shoot him in the back.

How's that for making friends ?

Instead of planning to loot and kill , perhaps you should plan to have your shite together ahead of time.

Buy a water filter , a hand crank radio and a case of tuna fish & crackers.
You'll live longer.

When did this become a pissing contest? [thinking]

He asked a legitimate question and raised an important issue - and everyone wants to take the high-ground. [hmmm]

You don't want to believe that we'd all turn to the dark side given the right situation, that's fine. But don't get your tighty-whities in a punch if we don't believe it. [rolleyes]

You don't want to believe that we'd all turn to the dark side given the right situation, that's fine. But don't get your tighty-whities in a punch if we don't believe it. [rolleyes]

I've been in quite a few "situations" and I've never turned to the dark side.

<snip>
so i was wondering the fact that why make all these elaborate kits when you own guns??? maybe excuse my ignorance but the way i see it...if soemthing were to happen say in my town...i know im one of the only people in my neighbor hood with firearms...so in a way doesnt that make me topgun??? (no pun intented) in all seriousness...if i have a gun and you dont and you have fresh water and i dont...guess what...its my water now

like i said i havent perused this section enough to know if this has been discussed before so i was just throwing this out there...i mean when i think of survival i think of darwins theory...strongest...best fit...and most able survives...so technically...would i just need plenty of ammo? i could take whatever else i need from the unarmed people...am i wrong in thinking this?

Yes, yes you are wrong in thinking this way. Seeing how your name on this board is "blood hound" I would surmise that you are not referring to the breed of canine that is used to help people, but rather that you are a wolf looking to draw someone else’s blood for your own twisted means.

If there is ever such a situation in the North Shore area it will not be like it was in NOLA, maybe in some of the larger cities like Lynn or Lawrence where there is gang activity. I don’t see rampant looting and thievery happing in places like Essex or Newbury. You, the “blood wolf”, should you follow your current plan will succeed in an unarmed populace; you may even get the drop on someone who is armed.

All your internet bravado has told everyone who has read this that you will be on your knees begging and pleading for mercy when the real bloodhounds track you down and find you. And you will think it is their weakness when they show you mercy by putting you in a cage.

When did this become a pissing contest?

He asked a legitimate question and raised an important issue - and everyone wants to take the high-ground.

You don't want to believe that we'd all turn to the dark side given the right situation, that's fine. But don't get your tighty-whities in a punch if we don't believe it.

thank you to somone who actually read my post and interpreted it for i really meant...you and Adam are the only ones who saw what i was getting at

martlet...i dont doubt the situations you've been in but what i was trying to get was if your family was by your side starving or in need of medical attention that you didnt "prepare" for would you resort to what i was talking about

If there is ever such a situation in the North Shore area it will not be like it was in NOLA, maybe in some of the larger cities like Lynn or Lawrence where there is gang activity. I don’t see rampant looting and thievery happing in places like Essex or Newbury

living out in that part of the state is like the corn fields of NH compared to the city...not saying i live in a rough and tumble area but where i live is surrounded by everyother shithole town with all their junkies and gangs and its slowly making its way here

You, the “blood wolf”, should you follow your current plan will succeed in an unarmed populace; you may even get the drop on someone who is armed.

All your internet bravado has told everyone who has read this that you will be on your knees begging and pleading for mercy when the real bloodhounds track you down and find you.

yes...the blood wolf...oooooo...aaaaaaaah...sounds like the makings of a good horror flick...mmm yesssss...the blood wolf...stalking its prey waiting to go in for a kill...waiting to attack and rip out the jugular and bleed the bloated disenchanted establishment

get a grip pal...theres no internet bravado...i proposed a very real situation that everyone of you holier than thous is givin me shit for only because youre all sitting back in the comfort of your homes reading it and not in the situation...heres one for you dwarven...let he who is free of sin cast the first stone...remember that one? i do...spent 9 years of my life in private catholic education...so dont preach to me about morals and values...in each and everyone of us is the instinct to survive...no matter how domesticated you wanna be on whatever moral high ground you stand on when the shtf your instincts will kick in...hopefully...and you'll do what you have to to survive...if you wanna roll over and die for your neighbor cuz he let you borrow a cup of sugar a few years back be my guest...i still call BS on anyone of you given the chance will not preserve your life or your loved ones lives over a non family memebrs life...the guy living next to me could be ghandi reincarnated and i still wont hesitate to do what i have to to breathe life for 1 more day

if and when the shtf you will see the worst of human nature like you never thought possible...and if you dont think so then YOU need to see a doctor...not me

talk to a holocaust survivor...see if their neighbors didnt sell them down the river to the nazis in order to live a lil longer

a very good family friend of mine is a polish jew and a survivor...he cant stand other jews now due to what he saw back then...countrymen betraying their own friends and neighbors to live a little longer...it happens...its instinct

paint whatever picture of me you want...barbaric...a dick...misguided...troubled...a blood wolf...i could care less

ask any of the people on here who have met me what they think of me...theyll tell you im a down to earth genuinely nice guy

blast me cuz i asked a question to a hypothetical scenario...maybe instead of trying to judge my moral character you should be out preparing your BO kit for yourselves...your neighbors...and oh ya...that nice family of 11 illegal immigrants that just came in on a tire during low tide at revere beach...theyre definately gonna need your help

People have resorted to canibalism to stay alive. You never know until you are in that situtaion.

IMNSHO, if you accept that, confronted with that sort of situation you would "turn to the dark side", and don't do everything in your power to plan and prepare in order to avoid the necessity, you've already turned to the dark side, if in fact any change of course was necessary. People who sit around and do nothing until TSHTF, then use it as an excuse to get violent deserve to be treated worse than the scum running off with beer and TV sets, or those pathetic wastes of oxygen whining that the government didn't take good care of them. There's very few people alive who know just how vicious a bastard I can be when there's no alternative, which is one very good reason I always make certain I've got several other alternatives.

Ken

Has it occurred to anyone that this plan : "Take what you need" is one reason why we have guns ? Not for The Plan - but to kill these predators ?

I think you have painted a grey area , proposing that all you need in bad times is a gun , and then posting that you would do whatever necessary to protect yourself and family.

If I were forced to choose between letting you on my liferaft and drowning my family or deciding you will die ... well , by-by.

If the lights go out and the trucks stop running food into New England towns I will be gone , in relative comfort.

Your failure to think out a more efficient way to deal with the situation makes you highly likely to be among the early dead. It's not moral highground for me , it's an observation on a plan that sucks.

In a desperate situation seeking out desperate people to prey on is a bad idea. People with your plan are the reason FOR B.O.B.'s - time to get away from the unprepared sociopaths and desperate idiots with firearms.

Earlier I posted that I would shoot someone raiding my neighbors in the back , and I still feel that way. - but I am not talking about cruising around as self proclaimed marshall. It's just that in the middle of such a mess I won't share my enviroment with a rabid dog, or murderers. There's a difference here between killing an animal and protecting my family.

So , have fun preying on desperate people. I'll be in the woods at my cabin , with a pair of dogs to announce "visitors" - and yes , a good rifle to do evil things to people who would try to take from me what isn't offered.

I think at the very least you should stock up on tobasco sauce , it makes eating people taste a little better.

Has it occurred to anyone that this plan : "Take what you need" is one reason why we have guns ? Not for The Plan - but to kill these predators ?

I think you have painted a grey area , proposing that all you need in bad times is a gun , and then posting that you would do whatever necessary to protect yourself and family.

If I were forced to choose between letting you on my liferaft and drowning my family or deciding you will die ... well , by-by.

If the lights go out and the trucks stop running food into New England towns I will be gone , in relative comfort.

Your failure to think out a more efficient way to deal with the situation makes you highly likely to be among the early dead. It's not moral highground for me , it's an observation on a plan that sucks.

In a desperate situation seeking out desperate people to prey on is a bad idea. People with your plan are the reason FOR B.O.B.'s - time to get away from the unprepared sociopaths and desperate idiots with firearms.

Earlier I posted that I would shoot someone raiding my neighbors in the back , and I still feel that way. - but I am not talking about cruising around as self proclaimed marshall. It's just that in the middle of such a mess I won't share my enviroment with a rabid dog, or murderers. There's a difference here between killing an animal and protecting my family.

So , have fun preying on desperate people. I'll be in the woods at my cabin , with a pair of dogs to announce "visitors" - and yes , a good rifle to do evil things to people who would try to take from me what isn't offered.

I think at the very least you should stock up on tobasco sauce , it makes eating people taste a little better.

+1

I'm glad you live near me.

And that's great, but we're not talking about ordinary events, but the extreme extinction event that we witnessed after Katrina.

If I"m wrong, then I'm wrong and you're beyond reproach. However, despite my maturity [rolleyes], training and experiences, I can't honestly say that given the RIGHT cirumstances, I wouldn't do what was necessary for me and mine to survive.

Its in our nature. Remember the scorpion and the frog story.

If I"m wrong, then I'm wrong.

You're wrong. I've been in 2 distinct life or death situations where in both instances I had 2 options: sacrifice another person for a pretty good chance of survival or allow the other person to take that option and fend for myself. At both times I choose humanity over self-preservation. In one instance, I was positive at the time that I would not survive. Through sheer determination I obviously made it.

That doesn't mean I'm not above reproach. That also doesn't mean that if my family were involved, I wouldn't act against my principles on their behalf.

That isn't what BH said, though. He clearly asked would it be wrong to stock up on ammo as a means of stealing from others what his family needs or take the steps to ensure he has on hand or can obtain naturally what his family needs. That's a conscious decision to plan to deprive others of their means to provide for their families.

That's a decision I would never make.

Martlet,

I believe RJ and I are talking about something different than what BH originally posted.

That's a conscious decision to plan to deprive others of their means to provide for their families.

I agree with this as well.

Martlet,

I believe RJ and I are talking about something different than what BH originally posted.

I agree with this as well.

Then I'm lost. What is everyone else talking about that has placed me in a different conversation? I was responding to his original post.

You're wrong. I've been in 2 distinct life or death situations where in both instances I had 2 options: sacrifice another person for a pretty good chance of survival or allow the other person to take that option and fend for myself. At both times I choose humanity over self-preservation. In one instance, I was positive at the time that I would not survive. Through sheer determination I obviously made it.
Then I'm wrong, and stand corrected. [grin]

That doesn't mean I'm not above reproach. That also doesn't mean that if my family were involved, I wouldn't act against my principles on their behalf.
Exactly. Perhaps I might not go to the extreme on my own behalf, but don't know that for sure. For my family, I would not discount any available response.[thinking]

That isn't what BH said, though. He clearly asked would it be wrong to stock up on ammo as a means of stealing from others what his family needs or take the steps to ensure he has on hand or can obtain naturally what his family needs. That's a conscious decision to plan to deprive others of their means to provide for their families.

A conscious decision? No. I don't see me as a predator on the weak (cape flapping in the breeze), but I've never been hungry enough to resort to feasting on the neighbor's thigh bone either.

Its an interpretation of what he was asking. Perhaps I just read it differently, or read more or less into it than others.

My point, and maybe somewhat related to his, is that we don't know for certain how we would react in the extreme situation to protect our family. We have been "civilized" for a long time, but its still in our nature to survive. [thinking]

Its an interpretation of what he was asking. Perhaps I just read it differently, or read more or less into it than others.

I guess I just don't see how this can be interpreted in any way other than I stated.

so i was wondering the fact that why make all these elaborate kits when you own guns??? maybe excuse my ignorance but the way i see it...if soemthing were to happen say in my town...i know im one of the only people in my neighbor hood with firearms...so in a way doesnt that make me topgun??? (no pun intented) in all seriousness...if i have a gun and you dont and you have fresh water and i dont...guess what...its my water now

emphasis mine.

BH-my apologies for the d---head comment. It sounded better and funnier in my head than it show up when printed. Anyway, my real issue with your original post is the fact that you seem to be planning to use your firepower to take advantage of weaker, unarmed neighbors. I can understand in grave situations doing what you must do for the survival of your family. I can not condone a premeditated strategy to abandon morals and ethics for self preservation.

And what happens if your well prepared plans and supplies go bad or get destroyed? I saw that possibility related to what he asked.

Just me, then.

Who knows. I'm not commenting on the "what ifs" that aren't included here. I'm commenting specifically on the post that HE made and the question HE posed. We can place "what if" modifiers all day and each one would be a different discussion and receive a different reply from me.

We can place "what if" modifiers all day and each one would be a different discussion and receive a different reply from me.

What if you saw Derek at the bar? Would you buy him a ice cold Sam Adams?

Back
Top Bottom