• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ex-MA State Senator Dean Tran Charged With Stealing Gun From Constituent

Well, that won't work then...

Yeah, I like Tran. I grew up in Lowell when we were getting, what at the time were called "boat people" and a decade before that we were getting South Vietnamese ExPats after our pull out. I really like the folks from a world away. Great culture, great food, hard workers and cute girls...

He'll get my vote...

When I hear any story about the elderly being taken advantage of I get pissed. :mad:

An elderly family member of mine was a victim of something similar to this. In my case it was a “friend” not a State Senator.

While not knowing all the details, if this is all true........... Then there is a special place in hell for people like this and sooner or later someone helps them get there.

Dean Tran was the only guy in MA senate that was against red flag BS. He was a decent guy around here, got beat by a blow in democrat last cycle though.

This is a "weird" story to put it mildly.
If this story is true I don’t care how much good he did for 2A around here.

Once you rip-off an elderly person you are no longer a decent guy, you have now become the lowest form of life. Sorry but this one hits home. :mad:

Dean Tran was the only guy in MA senate that was against red flag BS. He was a decent guy around here, got beat by a blow in democrat last cycle though.

I know who he is. Doesn’t change how I feel about any of them.

If this story is true I don’t care how much good he did for 2A around here.

Once you rip-off an elderly person you are no longer a decent guy, you have now become the lowest form of life. Sorry but this one hits home. :mad:

I agree (i think elder abuse is abhorrent) but I do think it's more than a little suspicious that this incident just materialized out of thin air after like 3 years. For all we know he is a scumbag. Or possibly something else happened which is getting spun.

Well, the press release is from Marsha, and directed at political opposition... which means it's probably based on lies or half-truths at best. So let's see the cards play out. The Ds are quite fond of using the AGs office to advance policy these days. Great skepticism is required here.

Yes, I was deeply disturbed when I read this the other day. I've met him and contributed to his campaign. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

This news story about Dean was released 3 days after Lori Trahan endorsed Maura Maura.
Who else is she going to endorse? Deihl? He is the only competition at this point.
No, of course not. Trahan is a DemocRat, so this could have been about the primary election in September. Trahan could have endorsed Chang-Diaz (who has since dropped out), or nobody, but instead chose Maura.

p.s. Diehl actually has a primary challenger, Chris Doughty, a Charlie Faker/Mittens Romney Republican. running on an outsider successful businessman platform. Doughty's gun platform plank is about as squishy as it gets:
“As governor, I would rely heavily on our law enforcement to give us direction and input on what they think is most important,” he said. “I think if it [an assault rifle ban] was common sense and the police were on board and supportive, I would certainly look at it.”
[puke]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom