EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

Does anyone have a link on the Brownells site or a method they followed to use the C&R to get a discount with them? I must be blind or stupid because I just can't find it and I've heard people talking about discounts from them.

Thanks

You send a copy of your C&R FFL to Brownells (or Midway) in order to obtain the discount setup for your account.

That's correct for Midway. Create a regular user account, fax or mail your C&R and they'll "upgrade" you to a deal account.

Brownells will just take your word for it. It is a question during creating a new user account - I suppose if you already have an account you can edit it, but I don't know that.

That's correct for Midway. Create a regular user account, fax or mail your C&R and they'll "upgrade" you to a deal account.

Brownells will just take your word for it. It is a question during creating a new user account - I suppose if you already have an account you can edit it, but I don't know that.

This is my experience as well. I do get the C&R discount and I never sent them a copy of my C&R. Midway I just e-mailed them a scanned version.

Sent mine on 1/1, hit my checking on 1/6 nothing yet but im hoping I get lucky and its the 30day miracle iver heard about from some people!

Just came in Today!!! Scanned it in and im ready to rock! Tucking the origany UNSIGNED copy away someplace safe.....my safe! Off to the forums to read who is offering discounts!!

Well after a couple of years of procrastination I finally sent in my application. Mailed 1/14/10, credit card charged on 1/21/10, application entered into the system today 1/28/10. I hope to have the paperwork in my hands soon.

Well after a couple of years of procrastination I finally sent in my application. Mailed 1/14/10, credit card charged on 1/21/10, application entered into the system today 1/28/10. I hope to have the paperwork in my hands soon.

I mailed mine the 15th and I think mine was charged on the 20th. I walk in everyday looking for a package... Nothing yet :(

I have a C+R, do I need to record all my non-C+R purchases in my bound book? Or only those purchases which I used my C+R license for?

ie just bought a Glock. Obviously not C+R.

The FEDEX truck pulled into my driveway this morning and the driver had a box that looked like a document holder. Boy was I disappointed. I thought it might be a the paperwork even though I think it comes USPS. Wrong address, not even the correct road. The wait continues...........
where is that phone number for Yoladna again?

Yup, all the stuff from BATFE comes via USPO. Used to be a single oversized envelope with the License and a large envelope with the books (which may have been replaced with CDs now).

I received the license today but now I'm waiting for the "package". It took 21 Days from the time I dropped the thing in the mail. I will make photo copies and try to place an order 1st thing on Monday to break it in. :)

All I got was an envelope with a single folded 8x11 Paper that is the license.

Only the C+R stuff bought using your C+R Lic.

/John

EVERY gun you buy that meets the C&R requirements (50 years old or on the list) must be logged in. Not non C&R.

Remember, you are licensed and you do not USE THE LICENSE or not. You may present the license as evidence that you are indeed licensed, or not, but when you buy a gun you are always buying as a licensee.

Any 50+ yo gun that you purchased prior to getting your license need not be entered into your book now but must be logged out when sold.

This is in your license info packet and posted elsewhere on this forum.

Last edited:
Got it!

License arrived in the mail today. Now to make copies and wait for the publications and forms to arrive.
40 days from when I dropped the application in the mail.

This is my first C&R so helpful PM's will be most appreciated. [wink]

Michael.

After digging around in this post some I found the original links to forms required for 03FFL broken or moved... anyone still poking around in here that has the updated form locations?
Thanks
Tank

After digging around in this post some I found the original links to forms required for 03FFL broken or moved... anyone still poking around in here that has the updated form locations?
Thanks
Tank

You can't download them. You MUST order them but you can do that online and it is free. (or it was when I did it)

http://www.atf.gov/forms/dcof/

Don't hold me to it but I believe the form you need is: F 5310.16 (F7CR)

(request at least two. You'll mess one up!)

Last edited:
So I found the form order sheet I think and placed the order, any other hints, I have my CCP, but I was able to apply for it through the town in which I work. I am a CT resident. Can I do the same thing, notification wise, with the C&R Lic? It would be a benefit as i am a close aquaintance with the Chief of Police here. My town of physical residence has no police just a resident trooper. HUMMM?
Any advise
Tank

Thanks
Tank

Tank, everything can be accessed from the main ATF page here. http://www.atf.gov
You need to go to the distribution center to order the application form (form 7) here; http://www.atf.gov/forms/dcof/
The list of C&R firearms is here. http://www.atf.gov/publications/firearms/curios-relics/
The C&R FAQs are here. http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/collectors.htm l http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/curios-relics.html

good luck. Michael.

So I found the form order sheet I think and placed the order, any other hints, I have my CCP, but I was able to apply for it through the town in which I work. I am a CT resident. Can I do the same thing, notification wise, with the C&R Lic? It would be a benefit as i am a close aquaintance with the Chief of Police here. My town of physical residence has no police just a resident trooper. HUMMM?
Any advise
Tank

IANAL

The CLEO clause is more of a notification than obtaining "permission" from the Chief.

I live in the People's Republic to your north. HERE, I would suggest retaining a lawyer and spending a couple of months researching the subject. There, I'd probably just ask the Chief you know best who you should put down there. Just so we're clear, I am NOT a lawyer and if I were, I don't live in CT!

I *have* gone through getting a C&R, however. It should be uneventful except for the angst in waiting for the thing followed by anger from the wife after it arrives and your bank account is suddenly almost empty and the credit cards are overlimit...

Back
Top Bottom