;) Enfield Rifles

Oh, you sonuvabitch!

Meant in the most respecting admiration, of course!

LOL Thank you I think.

I bought these two for $300 to get the dark one.

a325b515.jpg

The same week I traded the lighter one for for a Mosin Nagant and traded it to a guy in Utah for this one with two sets of wood.

LENo4Mk2Sept1953aa_zps316b466e.jpg

Ah the good old days.

..MJ..
DSCF9075_zps7b1ced56.jpg

I'm starting to see how this works, MJ1:

1. Start a thread you know you can dominate, but which is still fun to visit.
2. Make everyone else feel bad because you've got more Enfields than they do.
3. Supplement with numerous creepy shots of hot women and appetizers.

Well played, sir. Well played.

I'm starting to see how this works, MJ1:

1. Start a thread you know you can dominate, but which is still fun to visit.
2. Make everyone else feel bad because you've got more Enfields than they do.
3. Supplement with numerous creepy shots of hot women and appetizers.

Well played, sir. Well played.

Now this is truly embarrassing. My goal was to get others to join in because I believe there are lots of people with closets full of Enfields. The girls and food are the real hobby. Now I'm almost too shy to show my very early1941 #4T .

0c8eff6e.jpg

...MJ...

DSCF9071a_zpsebcc9aa6.jpg

DSCF9185a_zpse2a715f1.jpg

Last edited:
I went ahead and dug out the SMLE today along with a bandolier of HXP ammo. Just a few cell phone pics

enfield1_zps42883a66.jpg

enfield1a_zps9d385658.jpg

Its an all matching 1917 btw. There were no girls at the range to take pictures of but I should have grabbed a shot of my breakfast because our cook can whip up a mean french toast. [grin]

My rifle, at the State house with the Athol Highlanders.

Attachments

• DSC_0762.jpg
    DSC_0762.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 19
What is a baseline price for a "US property" marked .303 brit Enfield with peep sights and a good to very good overall condition??. I just put a couple bucks down on one for 150 with the bayonet. Even a really rough price...??

Depends, I saw one in Las Vegas a few months back that impressed me for $500 with the 200/600 flip sight lathered in cosmoline. I was just passing through and not prepared to fly with anything so I passed on it.

I did find a Victory Lend Lease S&W 38/200 in mint condition and had it sent to my FFL.

0452c2e3.jpg

62a62175.jpg

I love this country.

..MJ..

6255cfb8.jpg

They love to stamp these guns up, huh?

Lithgow

lithgow_028.JPG

lithgow_027.JPG

lithgow_001.JPG

lithgow_002.JPG

lithgow_003.JPG

lithgow_004.JPG

lithgow_005.JPG

lithgow_006.JPG

lithgow_007.JPG

lithgow_008.JPG

lithgow_016.JPG

lithgow_009.JPG

lithgow_010.JPG

lithgow_013.JPG

lithgow_019.JPG

lithgow_029.JPG

lithgow_030.JPG

lithgow_031.JPG

lithgow_032.JPG

lithgow_034.JPG

lithgow_035.JPG

lithgow_037.JPG

lithgow_038.JPG

lithgow_stock_004.jpg

lithgow_stock_011.jpg

lithgow_stock_010.jpg

lithgow_stock_013.jpg

lithgow_021.JPG

The Paleo diet is not really exciting, so no food pics. And only one gal around, but she does hunt!

scw_rem_018.JPG

Yes they mark them up. I know at least two gentlemen who can read an Enfields history from the rifle like it was a book and one who can often tell you who did the work and where.

8eb86034.jpg

...MJ...

I miss my '18 BSA SMLE all matching from time to time. Picked it up for $100 with bayonet from a friend back in '95.

MS

One of the cool things about British military firearms and British firearms in general is the thoroughness of the markings. Certainly they can be confusing and I am far from an expert, but some folks are. When you get into the older stuff like Sniders and Martinis the markings are crucial. There are so many fakes out there, especially from Afghanistan. They may even do a decent job on some of the fakes, but in the end they rarely (if ever) get the markings right. I had a couple of Martini's looked at by someone who really knows the markings and for him it was like reading a history book. It is like that rifles complete history was written somewhere on either the metal or the wood.

No. 4 MK 2 1954 manufacture.

No4Mk2-2.jpg

No. 5 Mk 1

no5mk1-2.jpg

No 1 Mk III BSA "Dispersal" manufactured in 1943

SMLENo1MKIII-1sm-1.jpg

I also have a No 4 Mk 1 Savage with matching numbers and in original condition. As in has never been rearsenaled.

And a No 4 Mk 1 that was converted to a hunting rifle by Golden State Arms, probably in the 1970s.

A bonus Schmidt Rubin K 31.

K31-3.jpg

Last edited:
This is a '43 Savage I bought for the wood for $100 with a miss matched bolt. It head spaces OK and has a good bore.

0e9c65a1.jpg

I was going to use the wood to re-stock another '42 Savage TR

1942Savage01_zps7257093e.jpg

Here is another rifle belonging to a friend in the UK. I see the finger prints of several famous or infamous UK historians and advanced collectors I know on this one. It is in the original .303 and it shoots very well as it's made from rubbing a #4T receiver with a mint #5. There is a cool back story on the reason it was made but I will save that for another time.

bkt206_zpsa3c85455.jpg

Back
Top Bottom