;) Enfield Rifles

MJ1

Enfield Rifles only here yours and friends or rifles you have shot. Jump in and have some fun.

'44

DSCF0017a_zps7ec781b0.jpg

...MJ...

DSCF2404_zps1b0f819d.jpg

Got no babe, either, but here are my Enfields: the usual cheap JJCO Lithgow one on the bottom, and the all-matching JC up top.
Enfields ersized.jpg

Here is one that belongs to a friend in the UK from a private collection . It's real and was used in the 1980's by a Royal Marine of no small fame.

WW2 silenced .45 ACP Enfield.

DSCF2045_zpsfbcdf0a4.jpg

..MJ..

Last edited:
Here is one that belongs to a friend in the UK from a private collection . It's real and was used in the 1980's by a Royal Marine of no small fame.

..MJ..

UK? 1980's? Falklands War?

I was expecting some grief for my first pic of a Bubbed sporter. You all are very polite.

Here is the after picture of the above post of mine. That is what the gun looked like when I bought if for $50. This is the after picture. It was a diamond in the ruff as it is a Lithgow, 1913.
View attachment 53057

Last edited:
unymazym.jpg

She was abused by some mean person. Still looking for a nice set of clothes fee her.

I love restoring bubbahed Enfields and have done it many times. Wood right now is very hard and expensive for the No. 1. The only place I know to find it is Eflay.

What year and who made it?

Nice LB Juergen. They made some nice rifles and I have one that is well used but still shows the quality of tool work from Canada. i have a friend in the UK who has an LB T with the Canadian REL scope he shoots at Bisley in action shoots and 900M long course.

8c95a612.jpg

4778b867.jpg

..MJ..

DSCF2100_zpsd59843c1.jpg

Nice shots Ray. I wish I could seen them lager, for some reason all I get on this site is a 2"X3" but they look very nice. Great wood color. How about a full size picture of the SMLE with the steel on it?

I really should get the Brits out for some better pics. Maybe a range trip this weekend to the 500 yard line is in order and then some photo ops

08785c6a.jpg

I really should get the Brits out for some better pics. Maybe a range trip this weekend to the 500 yard line is in order and then some photo ops

08785c6a.jpg

Yes get out. I need an outing with my SMLE. It took for ever to find the right one for shooting.

243c48c2.jpg

I use the 174g SMK for the #4's that had never shot FB bullets and 150g Game Kings for the others under 300M

Some day they will make us a 175g .311" flat open base pellet.

I love restoring bubbahed Enfields and have done it many times. Wood right now is very hard and expensive for the No. 1. The only place I know to find it is Eflay.

What year and who made it?

Tbh I'm not entirely sure. I think it's Australian made from 1917ish. It's been a safe queen for a long while as I search for a furniture set.

Thought I found a full set at the Marlboro club. But it was sawed a bit. :(

Snider is very cool.

Up coming 7.62X51 project with new 1957 Mk2 wood set and heavy barrel.

c756a923.jpg

doner MkII that some fool cut 3.5" off the bbl.

fb4657ba.jpg

..MJ..

Last edited:
I just sold my .303 Winchester. Some guy just had to have it and pestered me for weeks till I caved at $800. Great bore but it had a small crack at the wrist. He went away giggling Gorilla Glue! Gorilla Glue! Took a whole hour before I regretted it.
0001_zps318aa973.jpg

0008a_zpsb22ca0ff.jpg

Back
Top Bottom