Employees not doing their job correctly, wrong person denied.

I'm not a lawyer. But this appears to be a law under the INA

8 U.S.C. 1326 -- REENTRY AFTER DEPORTATION (REMOVAL)​

The basic statutory maximum penalty for reentry after deportation is a fine under title 18, imprisonment for not more than 2 years, or both

The maximum prison term is 6 months for the first offense with a misdemeanor and 2 years for any subsequent offense with a felony. In addition to the above criminal fines and penalties, civil fines may also be imposed.

Last edited:
Had a customer get denied today. Another scenario for denials that people don't know about relates to not being a US citizen. If you are in the process of changing your immigration status you will get denied. The background check delays because the FBI has to contact the state department. The state department comes back with NO because the person is in flux. For example, you have a green card but are in the last few months before your citizenship ceremony, dont bother trying to buy a gun. you will be denied.

A upin does no good in these situations either. Just sig back and suck it up I guess.

Who is deportable, procedures for being lawfully admitted into the US, removability and procedures for being removed are laws. The "policy memorandum" came from the Executive Branch (POTUS). Enforcement discretion does not allow you to ignore an actual law,

And Biden issued an actual EO reinstating DACA...

Could Biden issue an EO banning hi cap magazines? I'm not a constitutional scholar, I honestly don't know the answer...
Correct as far as it goes.
Who and why someone can come into the US is law. BUT the procedure by which their application is processed is policy, including where they are allowed to stay while it's in process. DACA doesn't change the law. It allows them to stay in the US and work while their application is processed (endlessly delayed). And this he can do.

And Biden issued a Memorandum not an EO, not even an EA MEMORANDUM FOR THE ATTORNEY GENERAL THE SECRETARY OF HOMELAND SECURITY

Sure he could issue one on mag limits but it wouldn't survive the court challenge, and his handlers know it and don't want the bad optics of a fail, or the way it would motivate the opposition. Otherwise he would have already done it.

Correct as far as it goes.
Who and why someone can come into the US is law. BUT the procedure by which their application is processed is policy, including where they are allowed to stay while it's in process. DACA doesn't change the law. It allows them to stay in the US and work while their application is processed (endlessly delayed). And this he can do.

And Biden issued a Memorandum not an EO, not even an EA MEMORANDUM FOR THE ATTORNEY GENERAL THE SECRETARY OF HOMELAND SECURITY

Sure he could issue one on mag limits but it wouldn't survive the court challenge, and his handlers know it and don't want the bad optics of a fail, or the way it would motivate the opposition. Otherwise he would have already done it.
We're getting off track here from the thread, but I respectfully disagree. If someone is deportable, but the Executive Branch issues a decree that they are no longer deportable, that is changing a law..... I've lived it and seen it....

Massshole is an extreme state when it comes to the ability to own firearms and it has nothing to do with prevention of crime. If the OP wishes to own firearms and shoot, he may consider moving to a state that has more favorable Constitutional rights such as Iowa or Arizona. If the wish to move is not there, he probably should pony up 10K for a lawyer to go do battle and hope it may work out in his favor.
If he chooses to do neither then he should take up Archery and learn to fight with his fists or other body parts, its worked out well for centuries. Slingshots are awesome also, do they need a permit in MASS??!!!

Last edited:
Had a customer get denied today. Another scenario for denials that people don't know about relates to not being a US citizen. If you are in the process of changing your immigration status you will get denied. The background check delays because the FBI has to contact the state department. The state department comes back with NO because the person is in flux. For example, you have a green card but are in the last few months before your citizenship ceremony, dont bother trying to buy a gun. you will be denied.

A upin does no good in these situations either. Just sig back and suck it up I guess.
That is interesting.

Who is deportable, procedures for being lawfully admitted into the US, removability and procedures for being removed are laws. The "policy memorandum" came from the Executive Branch (POTUS). Enforcement discretion does not allow you to ignore an actual law,

And Biden issued an actual EO reinstating DACA...

Could Biden issue an EO banning hi cap magazines? I'm not a constitutional scholar, I honestly don't know the answer...
An EO only applies to the Federal Government. So the answer on high cap mags is no.

Wait, what?
How’d they screw that up?

Does that mean someone who should have been denied, walked out with a gun based on your approval? And you got stuck with their “denied” status?

Slingshots are awesome also, do they need a permit in MASS??!!!
I thought they were illegal, along with Zoobows.

c7f074ade387022593dc474664d16a75.jpg

I can confirm a similar situation where a customer was in a grace period of renewing after a 10 year green card expiration they missed by a few months. Denial was issued during 4473 because renewal was still in processing stage.

"in the last few months before your citizenship ceremony" - so the person has submitted N400 as a legal greencard holder, and he can't buy a gun until the ceremony(if even that's the same day N400 is approved)? "legal you applied legally to be legal so you aren't legal in between"? (my brain hurts just typing that sentence)

All set, was a misunderstanding , wrong persom
Wait, what?
How’d they screw that up?

Does that mean someone who should have been denied, walked out with a gun based on your approval? And you got stuck with their “denied” status?
Nah; the FBI confused 'em with that asshøle Starchild37,
who is a well-known FPP.

All set, was a misunderstanding , wrong persom

So to clarify. Did the background check come back Denied, you appealed and it got fixed? Or did the dealer tell you "You were denied" and then later tell you it was a misunderstanding and you were not, meaning you got a proceed at some point?

What? Did they just call the wrong person and say you were denied, but you actually weren't?

Get NTN number from dealer. Go to FBI website rali listed, and find out exactly why you are denied. (NICS is required to tell you if you ask). Get Lawyer help if you think it's needed.
Was going to say this, beat me to it. Before I got a UPIN I was always delayed.

Always wrote a letter asking why I was delayed, even when a proceed would come back (which it did every time).

Probably didn't make any difference, but It was worth it to me to make them respond.

I think the lack of info is cause the OP originally got DELAYED and DENIED mixed up, confused, and after a few days went by, got a proceed or a call from dealer saying come pick it up. Now hes tryin to Tall Tale his way out of this confusing mess.....JMO

I think the lack of info is cause the OP originally got DELAYED and DENIED mixed up, confused, and after a few days went by, got a proceed or a call from dealer saying come pick it up. Now hes tryin to Tall Tale his way out of this confusing mess.....JMO
IDK, here he's pretty clear he knows the difference:
1617829675973.png

He created a thread on being delayed, then another saying the follow up said he was denied. He already knew he was delayed and it could take a few days.

So either it was truly a mistake or when people started posting on his immediate "want to do a private sale" thread, he realized that anyone on here who looked him up would know he was just denied.

Back
Top Bottom