e-FA10. It's officially a mess!

So I guess the E-FA-10 works pretty good after all... has worked great for me, done about 4 transactions without a hitch. The second one, I screwed up and didn't print copies. Called the number LenS said to, had 2 copies in the mail, no charge, 3 days later!! The few FA-10's I did was nothing but a big PITA..

I hear the CHSB is going to be implementing a iPhone and an Android app that lets you take a picture of your gun safe and send it to them. That way they will know your guns are being stored properly....it will be a required part of the eFA10 system for all transactions in 2016.

Looks like it will get a lot of use...

What about this don't you get? The eFA10 system allows the CHSB to more efficiently CONTROL YOU! Why on earth does the government need to know what guns you own?

A poorly filled out illegible FA10 form sent by first class snail mail complies with the law.

Why cooperate with people trying to control you?

I have used it twice without any problems.
Like it WAY better than the paper forms.

What about this don't you get? The eFA10 system allows the CHSB to more efficiently CONTROL YOU! Why on earth does the government need to know what guns you own?

A poorly filled out illegible FA10 form sent by first class snail mail complies with the law.

Why cooperate with people trying to control you?
Yes, but it is so esy nd convenient to hand over liberty... Why fight it? [thinking]

I have used it twice without any problems.
Like it WAY better than the paper forms.

You're part of the problem then. Every time you make it easier for them, you make it easier for them to make it harder for us.

Suck it up and find a paper form.

facepalm

Why is anyone using this?!

Ooohh!! Donuts!

Because they don't see this as a further imposition of unreasonable requirements.

Because they don't see that it's a step toward making private sales nearly impossible.

You're part of the problem then. Every time you make it easier for them, you make it easier for them to make it harder for us.

Suck it up and find a paper form.

That's BS... it makes zero difference, the fact is we have to file a paper, computor makes it a simpler process, period. Anything else that make comes down the pipeline after this has nothing to do with using an E FA-10 form. So maybe you should suck it up and smell the roses. [grin]

Last edited:
I disagree. Here's what will happen:

Someone will obtain the total number of gun registrations and divide them into two piles. First pile is eFA10's, the other is paper FA10. They will say that 75% of transactions were eFA10 and 25% were paper FA10. They will say it costs $0 to process a eFA10 and $XXX,XXX to process a paper one, AND there is an additional expense of $XXX,XXX to mail out all these paper FA10's. Lawmakers will slash the budget by 90% and force the use of eFA10.

Today the government has a less than perfect chain of custody because errors can creep in by scanning, mail, poorly filled out forms, etc. The eFA10 system improves this considerably. At some point the eFA10 system may become a trusted source of gun ownership that it will become impossible to protect yourself from the resistration laws and eventual confiscation. How do you prove you no longer own that 1911 that the eFA10 says you have?

Filling out paper FA10's is your obligation to all the gun owners in MA....don't take the easy way out!

That's BS... it makes zero difference, the fact is we have to file a paper, computor makes it a simpler process, period. Anything else that make comes down the pipeline after this has nothing to do with using an E FA-10 form. So maybe youy should suck it up and smell the roses.

I disagree. Here's what will happen:

Someone will obtain the total number of gun registrations and divide them into two piles. First pile is eFA10's, the other is paper FA10. They will say that 75% of transactions were eFA10 and 25% were paper FA10. They will say it costs $0 to process a eFA10 and $XXX,XXX to process a paper one, AND there is an additional expense of $XXX,XXX to mail out all these paper FA10's. Lawmakers will slash the budget by 90% and force the use of eFA10.

Today the government has a less than perfect chain of custody because errors can creep in by scanning, mail, poorly filled out forms, etc. The eFA10 system improves this considerably. At some point the eFA10 system may become a trusted source of gun ownership that it will become impossible to protect yourself from the resistration laws and eventual confiscation. How do you prove you no longer own that 1911 that the eFA10 says you have?

Filling out paper FA10's is your obligation to all the gun owners in MA....don't take the easy way out!

Sorry, your last statement does not hold water with me. E-FA or FA-10, makes no difference, they have the info and that's that. If you want to raise an argument for that, then make it no 10's period, we just trade our guns off like we are criminals in a back yard. This is not the easy way out, just makes sense to me.

Here's the real issue (setting aside the fact that FA-10's shouldn't exist to begin with)

I don't work for the FRB or CHSB. It is not my job to be inputting data relating to my transactions on their behalf. They should have a goon, sitting in an office somewhere, making $9/hr, who is responsible for that.

My job is to fill out a PIECE OF PAPER and send it into them. End of story.

Exactly!!! I will agree with that, that makes sense to me. Hey guys, we are all patriots here and believe what we believe, no hard feelings. No doubt, we will all fight for what we believe.

So then why should we be complicit and make it easier for them. The more difficult and expensive it is for them to get this info, that they neither need nor deserve, the better the possibility we have to hopefully one day get this registration BS eradicated.

So then why should we be complicit and make it easier for them. The more difficult and expensive it is for them to get this info, that they neither need nor deserve, the better the possibility we have to hopefully one day get this registration BS eradicated.

Bill, do you fill out the FA-10 forms if you have to buy\sell a gun..?

Back
Top Bottom