e-FA10. It's officially a mess!

So the CHSB sends out denial letters stating that you need to refile on their form. I presume they must send you the form along with this letter correct?

Who here has received a letter from the CHSB because they used the wrong FA10 form?

I'm pretty sure there are examples right here in this thread. It has happened more than once.

Man, after reading through all of this BS it sounds like if your the buyer, responsibility falls on you. That part doesn't really bother me at all as at this moment I would like to purchase a firearm off a fellow NES member. I'd be willing to do the PDF route, I just hope the seller doesn't mind.

So the CHSB sends you a denial letter with a new form? Big woop, fill it out and send it back in.

...and for the record, I also do not agree with the FA10 form. Horseshit if you ask me.

OK, I'll bite....... [grin].... so why not just use the EFA-10 and be done with it... ? It all ends up on the same computor system.. [pot]

Man, after reading through all of this BS it sounds like if your the buyer, responsibility falls on you. That part doesn't really bother me at all as at this moment I would like to purchase a firearm off a fellow NES member. I'd be willing to do the PDF route, I just hope the seller doesn't mind.

So the CHSB sends you a denial letter with a new form? Big woop, fill it out and send it back in.

...and for the record, I also do not agree with the FA10 form. Horseshit if you ask me.

OK, I'll bite....... [grin].... so why not just use the EFA-10 and be done with it... ? It all ends up on the same computor system.. [pot]

I'm simply old fashioned when it comes to filling out my FA10 form apparently. I guess also for the same reasons I pay my town bills via snail mail.

The EFA10 website was programmed by retards that had no concept of security or UI design. It is fundamentally flawed.

The concept of requiring citizens to use a technology solution is simply class warfare. It raises the bar to accessing one's natural rights protected by the 2nd amendment, by requiring access to computers, the internet, tech knowledge that might come naturally to you but may be completely foreign to older citizens or those from disadvantaged backgrounds.

I don't have a problem with the state offering an electronic version as an option. Prior to this whole crapstorm I remember seeing posts on NES by people asking why there wasn't an option to record the transfer online. The RMV offers an option to renew registrations, and in some cases driver's licenses, online. I don't think anyone has a problem with it. I don't.

What I do have a problem with is having the online option as the only practical way to comply with the law. If I'm doing a transfer to a relative or close friend in my home I would probably use the electronic version. When I'm meeting a stranger in a Home Depot parking lot to do a transfer why can't we simply use the old-fashioned form? The way things are going, the online version will soon be the only practical way to comply. If that happens, in order to comply I'll have to purchase an electronic device and find a signal to use it. More time, money, and hassle, and all for a system that serves no useful purpose.

The whole thing is bullshit.

Honestly, I think it is some of us that makes it seem like BS... There are ways to do the EFA-10 online and still do your Burger King transfer... just have to use your head alittle.. It's become comical to me to read some of these emotionally charged and reaching for the stars responses about how messed up the EFA-10 and "fundamentally flawed" the system or website or whatever is....

Honestly, I think it is some of us that makes it seem like BS... There are ways to do the EFA-10 online and still do your Burger King transfer... just have to use your head alittle.. It's become comical to me to read some of these emotionally charged and reaching for the stars responses about how messed up the EFA-10 and "fundamentally flawed" the system or website or whatever is....

My mother's most complicated electronic device was a desk phone. My brother gave her a computer a few years back and even set it up for her in the sun room with a screensaver that flashed family pictures. It stayed on that screen saver for five years. She never once used it as a computer. Wouldn't have known how to if she wanted to even though we showed her, wrote the passwords on cue cards stuck to the monitor and so on.

In your version of the world, she would not be permitted to buy or sell a gun because she lacked the technological aptitude to use a computer.

Brilliant woman, by the way, and more than capable of operating a firearm. She even had a Secret clearance for her past work with the DOD (that she was never able to talk about). Not kidding. But computers? As the NES cat so frequently says: No.

But she was probably the last person in the state without tech skills and access to online computers... Must have been.

Your mother sounds like a wonderful woman... now you on the other hand.... if you were a good son, you would go over your mothers house and input the info on the computor like a good son should!!!

And again, for the record, I don't want to see FA-10's go away. I have no idea why you continually keep saying that... I never said it and have continued to say FA-10's should be available... I just like the ease of doing an EFA-10..

Your mother sounds like a wonderful woman... now you on the other hand.... if you were a good son, you would go over your mothers house and input the info on the computor like a good son should!!!

And again, for the record, I don't want to see FA-10's go away. I have no idea why you continually keep saying that... I never said it and have continued to say FA-10's should be available... I just like the ease of doing an EFA-10..

Sure. She was lucky. Raised two great boys, two great daughters and another daughter.

And EVERYONE has family to support them like that, right?

As Center' says a few posts back, allowing people to file electronically is not the problem. Making it the ONLY feasible option, IS. And it is absolutely clear that the state is doing everything it can to shove this crap down our throats no matter what.

(More accurately, it should be abolished in the first place as it serves no lawful purpose, but that is another battle)

I wholeheartedly agree.. wouldn't know about the boys she raised though... [grin]

Sure. She was lucky. Raised two great boys, two great daughters and another daughter.

And EVERYONE has family to support them like that, right?

As Center' says a few posts back, allowing people to file electronically is not the problem. Making it the ONLY feasible option, IS. And it is absolutely clear that the state is doing everything it can to shove this crap down our throats no matter what.

(More accurately, it should be abolished in the first place as it serves no lawful purpose, but that is another battle)

Last edited:
So the CHSB sends out denial letters stating that you need to refile on their form. I presume they must send you the form along with this letter correct?

Who here has received a letter from the CHSB because they used the wrong FA10 form?

The law says you must submit on a form provided by the authorities. Which you would do if you use the FA10. So you should simply look at the rejection letter as a receipt that they received the FA10

Although the PDF version of the FA10 is identical to the ones issued, they do not have a serial number printed on them. They will be rejected/returned. This has been posted many times.

Yes. So what? I don't see the problem. Print it fill it out, send it in, get a rejection, file it under, "proof I followed the law"

Man, after reading through all of this BS it sounds like if your the buyer, responsibility falls on you.

I can't tell from this if you think it does, or doesn't, so I'll just say:

It doesn't. Responsibility falls on the seller.

Yea, if you're feeling paranoid. Or just do nothing.

Back
Top Bottom