"Duh" moment after getting pulled over...

Not in my part of it. The only circumstances I was "pulled over in front" was by staties shooting radar and running out into traffic on the Mass Pike to point to the offending vehicle ([shocked]).

All other times, the cruiser came up behind me.

As I said before, that's my experience and very common here in FL and more at the end of the month.

Ish.

Jose, I hate to break this to you but "Cops" marathons do not qualify as a shift ride along. [wink]

Two of them last year, with the Troy and Vandalia PDs. Got to see several traffic stops, one resulting in a warrant arrest, a domestic, and a fight in a bar. [smile]

Not in my part of it. The only circumstances I was "pulled over in front" was by staties shooting radar and running out into traffic on the Mass Pike to point to the offending vehicle ([shocked]).

I haven't been pulled over very many times (4 or 5 in my lifetime,) but in every case that's how it's happened to me. Cop is hiding out on the side of the road behind a curve or the crest of a hill or something and he nails me with RADAR or LIDAR as I come into his view.... I'm guessing this is what Ish means by "getting pulled over from the front," and it does happen that way sometimes.

why do you get pulled over so many times, Ish? you stated previously that you have lots of LE experience... i'd think that someone with that much experience wouldn't get pulled over all that often...

1st off all, I didn’t say that I get pull over so many times and second and the best one is that even if I get pull over, doesn’t mean I pay or have to pay the tickets [wink]

Ish.

I haven't been pulled over very many times (4 or 5 in my lifetime,) but in every case that's how it's happened to me. Cop is hiding out on the side of the road behind a curve or the crest of a hill or something and he nails me with RADAR or LIDAR as I come into his view.... I'm guessing this is what Ish means by "getting pulled over from the front," and it does happen that way sometimes.

Thank you. As I said in many occasion “my English is not very good lucking” [wink]

Ish.

Boy, that didn't take long to turn into a
trainwreck1.gif

would be nice to know if the person I just stopped has a license or not to carry a gun, for my safety

I would like to know the history of the cop pulling me over..
Has the cop had any history of false arrests, planting evidence, got beat up a lot in high school or called a nerd,never invited to partys.Most likely the cop has some sort of vendetta and point to prove if any of these are true.

Ya know,for my safety.

Last edited:
Not to be an a party pooper, but most of the time people in the whole country are pulled over from the front and no all the states have front and back tags, so I don’t see how the officer can have your info before he/she/they pull you over.

Ish.

You must not have ever been pulled over before. You dont get pulled over from the front. You get pulled over from behind. And IF a State Trooper was sitting on the side of the road in a position to see on coming traffic on the highway and he singles you out for driving over the speed limit, usually means you were far over the posted speed limit for our state highways.

With that said if you are traveling that fast he is not going to catch your TAGS from the front. He will have to start up his cruiser, put it into gear and catch up to you. When he does that, guess what? Hes coming up from BEHIND YOU. And for that minute or so he is sitting in his cruiser he is using today's technology which is laptops mounted in the cruiser. All he has to do is enter your 6 digit or less ,TAG id that he sees from the REAR of your vehicle into the system and he has all the info he needs assuming you are the rightful owner to the registered TAGS

So, if you are the registered owner of the car that you are driving recklessly, you have an FID or not, or have a criminal back ground, warrants ect, he can have all this info before he walks up to your window. Some towns may not have access to this immediately because they may not have cruiser mounted laptops that work, or any at all, and they will have to resort to calling in your tags to their dispatch. If that is the case, its up to dispatch on how far they want to dig into your history and how quickly they come up w the info.

So if you are sitting on the side of the road for a long time before the officer comes back to you, he is either waiting for dispatch to dig threw your history or you are getting one big ticket.

There maybe another instance where the officer has witnessed your infraction and is just following behind you before he pulls you over and has entered your TAGS into his system to see if you have a bad driving history. He may be deciding if he is going to pull you over or let you slide. If you have a driving history, then most likely you will be stopped for what ever it is that he had witnessed you doing. It may not be immediate because he could have radioed for another cruiser to slide over and assist him in stopping you.

So anyway, the moral of the story is, They have the ability to have all your info before those blue lights are even flashing in your rear view. Believe me or not, i dont care. Im just saying.

You must not have ever been pulled over before. You dont get pulled over from the front. You get pulled over from behind. And IF a State Trooper was sitting on the side of the road in a position to see on coming traffic on the highway and he singles you out for driving over the speed limit, usually means you were far over the posted speed limit for our state highways.

With that said if you are traveling that fast he is not going to catch your TAGS from the front. He will have to start up his cruiser, put it into gear and catch up to you. When he does that, guess what? Hes coming up from BEHIND YOU. And for that minute or so he is sitting in his cruiser he is using today's technology which is laptops mounted in the cruiser. All he has to do is enter your 6 digit or less ,TAG id that he sees from the REAR of your vehicle into the system and he has all the info he needs assuming you are the rightful owner to the registered TAGS

So, if you are the registered owner of the car that you are driving recklessly, you have an FID or not, or have a criminal back ground, warrants ect, he can have all this info before he walks up to your window. Some towns may not have access to this immediately because they may not have cruiser mounted laptops that work, or any at all, and they will have to resort to calling in your tags to their dispatch. If that is the case, its up to dispatch on how far they want to dig into your history and how quickly they come up w the info.

So if you are sitting on the side of the road for a long time before the officer comes back to you, he is either waiting for dispatch to dig threw your history or you are getting one big ticket.

There maybe another instance where the officer has witnessed your infraction and is just following behind you before he pulls you over and has entered your TAGS into his system to see if you have a bad driving history. He may be deciding if he is going to pull you over or let you slide. If you have a driving history, then most likely you will be stopped for what ever it is that he had witnessed you doing. It may not be immediate because he could have radioed for another cruiser to slide over and assist him in stopping you.

So anyway, the moral of the story is, They have the ability to have all your info before those blue lights are even flashing in your rear view. Believe me or not, i dont care. Im just saying.

Slow down, and by the way I don't believe , I know.

Ish.

Ive driven in a couple of different police cruisers (no, I wasnt in the back seat, it was to further my knowledge about policing!) and have asked the officers about licenses to carry and interacting with someone who has one. One way they can tell is that when they enter your information into the computer, they can click the tab on the computer that says "Other licensing" or something to that affect and see if you have a license to carry. Im pursuing a career in LE, and from sitting in all the lectures, videos, and ride alongs I can tell you, it would be nice to know if the person I just stopped has a license or not to carry a gun, for my safety

CT has a similar system. It also helps the officer because he gets to see your pistol permit photo. So he's got 2 pics to compare with your face.

As I'm sure all of you know, there's a lot of disagreement among knowledgeable people about whether you should volunteer information if you do have weapons with you.

I would like to know the history of the cop pulling me over..
Has the cop had any history of false arrests, planting evidence, got beat up a lot in high school or called a nerd,never invited to partys.Most likely the cop has some sort of vendetta and point to prove if any of these are true.

Ya know,for my safety.

You can.

Facebook.

As an Academy Firearms Instructor, I can tell you that cadets are taught to treat every situation as if a gun is inovlved because there is - theirs! I did the training for the MDC (Mobile Data Computer) and found that (as an earlier poster said) one click and I can tell if you have an LTC or FID. What no one else has said, though, is that one more click and every firearm you have ever registered in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts pops up! In the training class, my name was punched in as an example. A whole page of my guns came up, some of which I had sold off years ago. I was told that guns are never removed from the database, just added. So even if you sold your gun, it will still show up! To my knowledge, these read outs only apply to residents of the People's Republic. Can anyone say, "George Orwell?"

Bob, that is really SCARY!!! I went through numerous guns when I first got my license to find ones that fit me. Not everyone agrees, but I think a CCW is very personal. Now I have sold numerous guns, but it would look like I have a frigging arsenal!!!

As an Academy Firearms Instructor, I can tell you that cadets are taught to treat every situation as if a gun is inovlved because there is - theirs! I did the training for the MDC (Mobile Data Computer) and found that (as an earlier poster said) one click and I can tell if you have an LTC or FID. What no one else has said, though, is that one more click and every firearm you have ever registered in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts pops up! In the training class, my name was punched in as an example. A whole page of my guns came up, some of which I had sold off years ago. I was told that guns are never removed from the database, just added. So even if you sold your gun, it will still show up! To my knowledge, these read outs only apply to residents of the People's Republic. Can anyone say, "George Orwell?"

Maybe they will believe me now.

[iwojima]

To my knowledge, these read outs only apply to residents of the People's Republic.
You are correct.

You would have no way of knowing how many firearms I have, or have ever had, or whether or not I have a license to carry any of them.

But I am a resident of Ohio, where there is no gun registration or gun owner licensing. Licenses here exist to carry concealed. Not for buying or posessing firearms. And there is no central state database of who owns what.

I don't have an issue with registration of CURRENTLY OWNED guns. Except, there needs to be a provision that said database can NEVER be used to remove guns from law abiding citizens. That was the big screw up in Australia.

I don't have an issue with registration of CURRENTLY OWNED guns. Except, there needs to be a provision that said database can NEVER be used to remove guns from law abiding citizens. That was the big screw up in Australia.

No doubt there were a lot of people in Australia that didn't have a problem with registration because there was a provision that said that the database could NEVER be used to remove guns from law abiding citizens. Until the provision was changed to say that the database WOULD be used to remove guns from law abiding citizens. At which time it WAS used to remove guns from law abiding citizens.

Which, if there was no database in the first place, could never have happened.

I don't know about you, but I'm not comfortable trusting my guns or my rights to the whims of the political class.

As the people in England and Australia found out. Canada is almost as bad, but they have pulled back from the long gun registration precipice. At least for now.

You are amazingly naive.

And yes. Many of us have a HUGE issue with a registration of anything.

Sorry, I was not aware they had that provision in Australia. My point is that I don't care if the government knows what I own, as long as they don't use that info to infringe on my rights. Is there no way legally to allow registration without them using that information later for nefarious purposes?

Sorry, I was not aware they had that provision in Australia. My point is that I don't care if the government knows what I own, as long as they don't use that info to infringe on my rights. Is there no way legally to allow registration without them using that information later for nefarious purposes?

No. Look at the proposals in Congress to change the NICS check so that the data becomes permanently held in a federal database. Once the information is enshrined in a database, it's there forever. At the whim of a sufficiently anti gun Congress and President, that database could be used to track down guns for confiscation.

Will it happen? Probably not. Could it happen? Definitely.

History clearly shows that registration leads to prohibition which leads to confiscation.

Back
Top Bottom