"Duh" moment after getting pulled over...

When I took my motorcycle to Loudon last year, there was an outfit that would track your lap times from an RFID on your helmet. Which means that if someone put one of the 10 cent stickers on your car they could track anytime you passed a sensor. ..

I have allways wondered with all these Fast Lane passes out there if they have some kind of chip or something to track you in those things ???

He must have noticed my confusion, because while he's looking at my license and registration, he says, "Sir, you're wearing a Smith and Wesson t-shirt. That’s why I asked about the firearms."

Duh…

That is so funny, I wonder if he just came back (real fast) with a good zinger at you with that one.

I have allways wondered with all these Fast Lane passes out there if they have some kind of chip or something to track you in those things ???

Are you kidding? Tracking you is how the Fast Lane works... It's the basic designed function of the device![grin]

My point is that I don't care if the government knows what I own, as long as they don't use that info to infringe on my rights. Is there no way legally to allow registration without them using that information later for nefarious purposes?
You are quite naive if you think that they won't use registration information to track you down. I refer you to the registration schemes in New York City, California and New Jersey, for starters. You might continue with Germany in the 1930's, as well. In all cases, registration was used for confiscation.

No, we cannot trust government to know who has guns and how many. This has been amply demonstrated by history.

Ive driven in a couple of different police cruisers (no, I wasnt in the back seat, it was to further my knowledge about policing!) and have asked the officers about licenses to carry and interacting with someone who has one. One way they can tell is that when they enter your information into the computer, they can click the tab on the computer that says "Other licensing" or something to that affect and see if you have a license to carry. Im pursuing a career in LE, and from sitting in all the lectures, videos, and ride alongs I can tell you, it would be nice to know if the person I just stopped has a license or not to carry a gun, for my safety

Shouldn't you be more worried about the people that don't have an LTC? Its the illegal guns that are likely to ruin your day.

Back
Top Bottom