Dude got swatted in Reading today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dadstoys, I'm not trolling. I simply asked a legitimate question about a member's post.

My familiarity with -- and resultant bias toward -- the term "dick slapping" stems from the 10+ years I spent administering polygraph examinations to sexual offenders. Most of those exams were given to convicts who were incarcerated and participating in the DOC's sexual offender treatment program, but I also ran many polygraph tests on sex offender parolees and probationers who were no longer behind the walls. The term was not new to me. In the SO world, it usually connotes sexual violence. Thus, my inquiry to cams was a question of context.

When I read cams' comment, I was puzzled as to what exactly he meant. Subsequent posts from other NES members have helped shed light on various meanings and possible lines of intent, but we have yet to get clarification from cams himself. The term cams invoked could refer to physical sexual abuse or assault, yet it could also refer to the process of being put through the justice system's wringer, as Pastera has suggested.

In either case, it appears that humiliation is a key component of any remedy that certain NES members would have directed toward the woman who called the police, and that brings up another point...

The animosity that is directed towards women here on NES (and other gun-related sites) is worrisome. Characterizing a woman as a bitch/broad/ho/Karen etc., while providing lowbrow laughs for some members, only serves to reinforce negative stereotypes while reflecting badly on.the NES community. When such demeaning language is used by popular and even exalted members of the forum, the damage is made worse because such misogynous speech also poisons the minds of younger or more impressionable forum participants and readers, many of whom are at an increased likelihood of emulating their role models.

Does cams have a problem with women in general? I have no idea. But his honest answer as to what he meant would be highly probative in that regard..
Shut up Karen.

And it ain't no ordinary Fiat 500. It's the hi-po Abarth edition. It'll easily smoke cams' 4x4 Tonka toy truck.
There is something to be said about a 66yo man who drives a Fiat, actually believes that it's fast, virtue-signals in line with trigglypuff, and can't take a good dick slapping joke. Yikes.

I think Mr. Poly-Grip needs a short vacation so we can get back to the original intent of this thread without his garbage ramblings mucking it up any further. He's starting to sound like Peter Stroke Strock Smirk, formerly of the FBI, and he is proving to be just as unpopular.

But hey, you can always confess your sins to Fr. Paul Shanley. He should understand.

Why are many of your posts full of references to homosexual imagery, homo-erotic beatdowns, physical sexual abuse, constant mention of prisoners, now Fr. Shanley,
Your fantasy obsession with cams is becoming alarming. You really need to check yourself in for a few days before you have another relapse.

It rubs the polygraph on its skin

[rofl] ROFL! Definitely would have spit my coffee out if I had not already read that last night. Something that makes this over the top funny to me-

Of all the NES people I have met at least once, I'd put cams in my top 3 picks for 'not to be messed with'. Nice guy, but I seriously doubt a sane person would pick a fight with him.

Is it just me or does anyone else find this guy's trolling style a bit .. Familiar ?

If it is, I am missing want that might be. I am impressed he became a member first.... I don't recall seeing that before.

BigTimber, it's common for young men to drive vehicles that they think helps to define their self-identity. It's a form of plumage, often used to attract a mate.

I've been a car and motorcycle buff my whole life. I've owned about 40-50 cars since 1970 when I started driving, and at least 70 motorcycles since I started riding trails in 1968. Some of those were flip units I bought on speculation, but I enjoyed them all and learned much about their mechanics and performance capabilities.

Sadly, a lot of guys get into stupid debt to acquire a vehicle that they think defines them. Dave Ramsey often speaks at length about this phenomenon.

When one gets past mid-life, attitudes about what others think change. Have you ever seen a geezer cutting his lawn with an ancient push mower while wearing a yellowed undershirt, Bermuda shorts, black banlon socks and wing tip shoes? Trust me, that guy doesn't give a shit.

It's the same with vehicles.

If it is, I am missing want that might be. I am impressed he became a member first.... I don't recall seeing that before.

I might be wrong , but I'm thinking of a certain climate change expert / high school chemistry teacher.
Thinking bragging about how expensive a car you drive as a point in an argument is gaining you points is about as lame assed as a person can get.
Not seeing that it makes you look like a complete tool to 99.9 % of the people who read that is even worst.

I might be wrong , but I'm thinking of a certain climate change expert / high school chemistry teacher.
Thinking bragging about how expensive a car you drive as a point in an argument is gaining you points is about as lame assed as a person can get.
Not seeing that it makes you look like a complete tool to 99.9 % of the people who read that is even worst.

You've got to give him points, though, because his car has a lie detector in the glovebox.

Right? I mean, right?

BigTimber, it's common for young men to drive vehicles that they think helps to define their self-identity. It's a form of plumage, often used to attract a mate.

When one gets past mid-life, attitudes about what others think change. Have you ever seen a geezer cutting his lawn with an ancient push mower while wearing a yellowed undershirt, Bermuda shorts, black banlon socks and wing tip shoes? Trust me, that guy doesn't give a shit.

It's the same with vehicles.
Ah, but see, it was YOU who came in here bragging about your car's performance, so you can't go all SJW on us and have a melt-down when someone calls you out on that wildly inaccurate claim. Guys who don't care about what others think about their car don't go around bragging about it for no reason.

C'mon, do you guys really think I drive a Fiat? Are you retards that f***ing gullible? It was a punchline after the Prius quip!

That said, I've pissed away thousands and thousands on bikes and sports cars over the years.

Oh, Alchemy. I didn't think he was trolling though.

Federal examiners make about $120-140K per year. Contractor polygraphers for the federal government can make $200K per year. Qualified contract examiners deployed to Iraq, Afghanistan or other such areas can make up to $400K for one year,

I am the first to agree that it's unreliable. Polygraph results should never be admitted into court.

And yes, it can pay well.
You agree that the results are unreliable but you are trying to infer psychological issues with @cams unless he takes one with you...

The value of the polygraph examination lies not exclusively in the test result, but rather in what is revealed by the test-taker during the interview process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom