Dude got swatted in Reading today

Status
Not open for further replies.
They almost never charge a woman for this when they accuse a guy of something he didn't do.

I won't be surprised if they try to jam him up on charges. This smells bad. A lawyer may be a smart move.
Len, this is a great scenario to talk about. This woman called and made false statements which seems pretty obvious because she was given some sort of citation to appear in 5 days. I’m sure you have seen plenty of this kind of he said/she said stuff so what charges could they try and stick him with? This could be a learning experience for all of us. OP, Please keep us posted (as long as it doesn’t turn into a huge legal matter). Hopefully we could all get a good laugh when it’s done.

Not just what SgtHal75 said above me, but what if he was indeed lagally carrying a firearm on his person.
We all know the most likely outcome but what’s the likelihood of a good outcome after you hire a good lawyer, lose your savings and firearms?

Was the guy named Max? Did he have an Awwwwstrayyylyin accent???

If not, HOW THE HELL DOES SHE KNOW HE'S GOT A TRUNK FULL OF GUNS IF HE WAS DRIVING THE CAR IN THE FIRST PLACE?!?!?!?!!

That'd been my first question to her on the telio-phone. Her crazy would have exuded pretty well without risking the breaking of C19 protocols.

Are we sure Gary Larson didn't illustrate that? I kept waiting for the punchline. LOL

They almost never charge a woman for this when they accuse a guy of something he didn't do.

I won't be surprised if they try to jam him up on charges. This smells bad. A lawyer may be a smart move.
I wouldn't "appear" anywhere without a good defense lawyer by my side. Unless the cops impounded my personal property and told me to retrieve it in 5 days, there would be no reason to willingly walk into what is probably a legal trap. Court is venue to sort things out, criminal or civil.

That's right, she was absolutely terrified, knowing there was a man with guns that threatened her. Yet, she drives after him to follow him to the grocery store, because that is what you do when you are in danger from the bad man. You follow him unarmed and risk him noticing you're still there and taking out his evil guns and shooting you.

She is certainly braver than I am. When I encounter a road rage idiot, I do what I can to try to take a different direction than where they are going so that they continue on their way and are no longer a threat to me.

By the way, I tried some searches for this story including on facebook and came up with nothing. Is there a link?

Holy SHIT this is epic. I am in the dark about the Karen theme...Can someone explain? I know I will like it

I would call this one a 50% Karen, basically it's like 5 minutes until the friggin Burger King closes and she's bitching because her fries are cold the rest of us who are in line or just like we want something that approximates food and we'll be happy to get it... but she is there having it out with the drive-through attendant. .. but basically this is typical "Karen" behavior.....

View: https://youtu.be/vWFfX2GT6b4

Somebody else is going to say well I would be pissed off if I got cold fries too I get it but the deal is is that the Karen here is effectively blocking the f***ing drive-through when the rest of us are just trying to get like a hamburger or something that I wouldn't even mind having to microwave. I should also add that basically before I recorded that at least five to six minutes had elapsed already...

Lol! It's all the fault of the new traffic patterns.

Yeah, those new road lines can EABOD.

Why didn't the cops ask her how she knew there were guns in the trunk?

Do they always take the ramblings of a hysterical woman as fact?

Apparently so. In addition to how she saw the guns, what were the guns doing? Was he pointing them at her, while driving and they were in his trunk? How does that work?

Apparently so. In addition to how she saw the guns, what were the guns doing? Was he pointing them at her, while driving and they were in his trunk? How does that work?

Root cause of the problem is the 911 operator and responding officer both not using common sense to tell the lady to go pound sand. This guy shouldn't have even been approached by police. There is obviously no way she could see in the trunk while driving.

She's not even a good liar. A better lie would be that he pointed gun out window while he was driving. At least that is possible, and has happened to other people, and would get an actual gun owner in really big trouble in MA even if it was a complete lie. She could add to the lie by saying she followed him and he tossed gun over bridge into river, that way he is not off the hook when they find no gun on him.

I probably shouldn't be offering her suggestions.

Another good reason why not to have a Glock sticker on your car.

"What did the bad mans gun look like?"

"It was an ugly gun. Black, blocky, utilitarian looking."

Of course is you CCW is a Tiffany Blue Glock with a silver slide - you are all set.

She's not even a good liar. A better lie would be that he pointed gun out window while he was driving. At least that is possible, and has happened to other people, and would get an actual gun owner in really big trouble in MA even if it was a complete lie. She could add to the lie by saying she followed him and he tossed gun over bridge into river, that way he is not off the hook when they find no gun on him.

I probably shouldn't be offering her suggestions.
Its MA. In a lot of towns (most? almost all?), none of that forethought is even necessary.

Curious if this guy was even a gun owner.

Its MA. In a lot of towns (most? almost all?), none of that forethought is even necessary.

Curious if this guy was even a gun owner.

I am thinking that Karen thinks that guy has a truck or whatever, so broad stereotypes him and assumes he must have guns. Or maybe a Trump sticker or something.

-Mike

Another good reason why not to have a Glock sticker on your car.

"What did the bad mans gun look like?"

"It was an ugly gun. Black, blocky, utilitarian looking."

Of course is you CCW is a Tiffany Blue Glock with a silver slide - you are all set.
Maybe but a lot of the ones Ive seen dont exactly scream GUNS to the average normie. We pick up on them because we're into guns but seems like most are just a logo with maybe a name but lets be honest how legible is the lettering from X feet away? Does the average normie even know what Sig or Magpul even is? Or a big G logo in a black square? To most Id bet it looks like the word "lock" inside of an open ended rectangle. Prob a good idea not to advertise though. Im not a sticker guy myself, of any kind.

Root cause of the problem is the 911 operator and responding officer both not using common sense to tell the lady to go pound sand. This guy shouldn't have even been approached by police. There is obviously no way she could see in the trunk while driving.

That's the easy part of the investigatory process. Asking her where and how she saw the firearms and locking in her response.

She could’ve easily said, “I saw them in his trunk at so and so place while he was checking items inside the trunk and it was open.” **Actually the only way she would know if in fact she’s not a known associate of him and can state with factual firsthand knowledge that he always has guns in his trunk and is not licensed for such. But they’re strangers, so that takes that away and makes it even easier.

I don’t know why so many people keep harping on her seeing thru his trunk lid while he’s driving when this is the only obvious answer that makes sense.

Once she nails down where she actually saw the items in the open trunk, then you find the cameras in the parking lot and traffic cams on the road to narrow the time frame to see that neither of them were actually in that area during the time frame she states. Simple checks and picks her story apart. Now she’s not only made a false report but she’s further hindered an investigation by lying to Det’s about the actual crime. She’s toast. Or should he in a normal world.

911 operators nowadays are mostly non-LEO’s and their job is to simply report what the caller states for responding officers. They SHOULD be asking a myriad of questions to gather as many details as possible, but they aren’t trained or experienced enough to sniff out BS just by talking to someone and thinking this doesn’t make sense. It’s not their job to make sense of it, it’s just to report what they can gather.

Maybe but a lot of the ones Ive seen dont exactly scream GUNS to the average normie. We pick up on them because we're into guns but seems like most are just a logo with maybe a name but lets be honest how legible is the lettering from X feet away? Does the average normie even know what Sig or Magpul even is? Or a big G logo in a black square? To most Id bet it looks like the word "lock" inside of an open ended rectangle. Prob a good idea not to advertise though. Im not a sticker guy myself, of any kind.
A sneaky gun owner could say you pulled a Glock.

If you have a Glock sticker, you likely carry a Glock.

The accuser knows what a Glock looks like.

I agree that it's best not to let people know you have a gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom