Driver arrested with weapons cache

he will be cellmates with bubba for a long long time a reminder to the idiot (dont drop the soap in the showers).

i feel he will get 10 to 15 years in Prison for aggravated assault ,a felon with firearms .

10 years on high capacity magazines.

I'd say that's a good assault charge. I believe (and this varies State to State) "assault" is making one feel threatened whereas "battery" is actually causing physical injury. That seems like a good division to me. Otherwise anyone could come up to you and say they are "gonna kick your ass" and "you'd better watch your back". It wouldn't be illegal, and you couldn't do anything about it because that would be a "battery".

I'm a little iffy on the car charge. I guess it makes a bit of sense to me. Without using a car a person would be less mobile and would hazard a smaller area. I don't know what the legalities of the matter are, but I don't have a problem with the law imposing restrictions on felons. But I can see your point.

The funny thing is that this guy's biggest problem is having those high capacity feeding devices. The offense under 269-10(m) carries ten years in state prison. Trust me, prosecution under this statute is serious business. Massachusetts does not have a "felon in possession" statute. However, Mass does have the Career Criminal Act which operates in a similar manner.

What's pathetic is that NO ONE gets charged with the federal crime, which is really harsh.

In Baltimore they reduced homicides by 25% by simply making sure all the gang-bangers got referred to the Federal Attorney on any weapons charges, guaranteeing they'd be doing serious time in a federal prison far from home.

It's maddening that the one gun law that most people don't have a problem with is the one that almost never gets used. -But hey, that "gunshow loophole," that's just gotta get closed.....[rolleyes]

Poor guy he will probably need counseling. And then when we determine he was no doubt a victim of child abuse as a youngster we will cut him a break, spank him on the hand send him home and tell him to wait it out the check is in the mail.

Am I close?

I love the comments section.

"sparkle154

the ignorant guy who called the cops got cut off and he chose to BLARE HIS HORN, SWIRVE ALL OVER THE ROAD, RIDE ON THE GUYS A** AND LEAVE HIS HIGH BEAMS ON THE WHOLE TIME...all while his teenage daughter was sitting in the car with him. (and we wonder where the young drivers learn to drive like idiots). maybe if that ignorant jerk hadn't acted like a complete psycho, he wouldn't have been threatened with a knife. the only reason he saw the damn knife was because his HIGH BEAMS were on. i think he needs to set a better example for his daughter, and he needs anger management, or a road rage educational course because if he continues to act this way when people cut him off, he will end up getting hurt, or hurting someone else with his crazy psycho driving. people get cut off, and people cut off other people, it happens every day all the time. get over it. he started the entire thing by acting like a crazy person, but ran to mommy (the cops) when someone did something about his psycho actions. buddy's a tough guy in his car but pees his pants when someone fights back. no wonder he didn't want to show his face on 7 News. "

The comments are funnier now because they have gotten popular enough where the people involved become participants. Just check the article about the guy beaten with a table leg.

When I read the article all i could think was

"HOGAN!"
klink.jpg

I'd say that's a good assault charge. I believe (and this varies State to State) "assault" is making one feel threatened whereas "battery" is actually causing physical injury. That seems like a good division to me. Otherwise anyone could come up to you and say they are "gonna kick your ass" and "you'd better watch your back". It wouldn't be illegal, and you couldn't do anything about it because that would be a "battery".

I'm a little iffy on the car charge. I guess it makes a bit of sense to me. Without using a car a person would be less mobile and would hazard a smaller area. I don't know what the legalities of the matter are, but I don't have a problem with the law imposing restrictions on felons. But I can see your point.

I think the car charge along with the possession with intent to distribute charge lets them seize the car and auction it off.

Back
Top Bottom