• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Drive punch with replaceable tips?

KMM696

NES Member
Does anyone make a drive punch with replaceable tips? I usually destroy the 1/16" and 1/8" punches pretty quickly, so I'd like to be able to cut off another piece of drill rod instead of tossing the (only) punch in the size I need.

Wish I lived closer to Sears, so I could abuse their lifetime warranty more! [wink]

Check here: www.mcmaster.com

You will get what you pay for ........... I buy imports for destructive work, and keep a set of top quality made in the USA ones for non destructive jobs.

If you shorten the small sizes to minimum usable length for the job you are doing, they will last much longer.

Check here: www.mcmaster.com

You will get what you pay for ........... I buy imports for destructive work, and keep a set of top quality made in the USA ones for non destructive jobs.

If you shorten the small sizes to minimum usable length for the job you are doing, they will last much longer.

Nice site - is there anything you can't buy from McMaster?!?!

Good point on shortening - I should have one short punch in those small sizes, just to start pins moving.

Thanks!

Does anyone make a drive punch with replaceable tips? I usually destroy the 1/16" and 1/8" punches pretty quickly, so I'd like to be able to cut off another piece of drill rod instead of tossing the (only) punch in the size I need.

Wish I lived closer to Sears, so I could abuse their lifetime warranty more! [wink]

Brownells.

Back
Top Bottom