• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tips on how to block gas port

I'm very proud of the ghetto setup. I'm using an ATI plastic upper, a $60 barrel, a plastic handguard, a $6 pinty pro red dot, and aliexpress fill-in parts. She deserves duct tape at this point.
if you get any reasonable size groups from it at 50yds - why not. i doubt you do, but...

Build a dedicated .22LR upper and don't look back. Way more accurate than bouncing a 22LR through a .224 barrel.

if you get any reasonable size groups from it at 50yds - why not. i doubt you do, but...
I actually do, and I can probably use 6" targets at 100yds. I have no doubt that a dedicated 22 barrel is more accurate, but 100yds is tops for my skinflint setup. It's just casual plinking.

Also, I would appreciate if mods can close this thread. I don't want to promote skinflinting any more than I already have.

I actually do, and I can probably use 6" targets at 100yds. I have no doubt that a dedicated 22 barrel is more accurate, but 100yds is tops for my skinflint setup. It's just casual plinking.

Also, I would appreciate if mods can close this thread. I don't want to promote skinflinting any more than I already have.

why not tho? you should def put hose clamps and a cut up tin can sleeve over that thing.

also rando

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjIGiksQm3I

If the goal is to have a fun (ugly) blaster as cheap as possible, then rock out with your Bubba'flint self. Hose clamp and beer can aluminum is probably the perfect way to block the gas port.

Sometimes "because it's fun" is enough.

I had a 22lr conversion kit on my AR and lead from the 22s built up enough to clog the gas port.
Gunsmith had a hell of a time getting the front sight off.
Keep shooting it and maybe the problem will take care of itself🤷‍♂️

I have a 16" AR barrel that I shoot 22lr out of. I originally dumped JB weld in the hole and it worked for a few months, then it blew off. I put more cold weld, blew off after a couple range sessions. I'm not shooting 223, just 22.

1.) Should I throw soder in there? More cold weld? Wrap it with aluminum foil and seal it with duct tape? Is there a device out there I can just plug it in?
2.) Is it even necessary in the first place? I'm shooting fine, but I can't help but wonder if the tiny loss of gas affects ballistics.

THANK YOU [hmmm]
Why block it at all? Integrated muzzle brake

Why block it at all? Integrated muzzle brake
Drill more holes; have the only "ported" 223/22lr ar around!
zoom.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom