Don't Try This At Logan!

There is some serious moonbattery going on in this thread.
This is a gun forum, why are you guys hating on someone open carrying?

Your cause? Get off your high horse here.

How do you know what his cause was?
You're assuming things here and drawing your own conclusions.

There's really no in between here, you either support the right to open carry, or you don't.
Who are you to tell him it's ok to protect yourself with a 1911 on your hip, but an AR with a drum is overkill?

There is so much fail in this thread I'm not going to quote it all.

The guy at the airport has a different cause than you. He's about attention for himself, not further your cause and ours (they are the same, you and the people on this board). The guy is GA is a look at me, I'm cool, I made rhe news.

How about, if isis has a tool with a vest that wants to do bad things and this guy gets the drop on him and saves the day, I bet his family's safety is all he cares about. Why do you carry a gun?

The guy at the airport has a different cause than you. He's about attention for himself, not further your cause and ours (they are the same, you and the people on this board). The guy is GA is a look at me, I'm cool, I made rhe news.

Georgia passed a law enabling citizens to carry, both open and concealed, at airports outside TSA areas. Period.

That people in this thread think he shouldn't exercise his right to the fullest extent of the law absolutely blows my mind. The drum is irrelevant (and honestly, if I were to open carry my AK I would definitely rock my drum).

How about, if isis has a tool with a vest that wants to do bad things and this guy gets the drop on him and saves the day, I bet his family's safety is all he cares about. Why do you carry a gun?

Frankly I'd rather just simply believe in his right to carry the rifle instead of believing this unicorn fairytale stuff about protecting himself against suicide bombers. If some guy comes in there with a bomb vest he's likely as good as dead anyways, but that shouldn't really impact his ability to exercise his rights.

-Mike

Clearly it's right over your head. You've once again confused your cause with mine. You've once again failed to understand that whatever his cause is, is irrelevant to the exercise of ones rights. And further yet, though you obviously have no idea what my cause is, have someone concluded it isn't the same as his, which likewise you don't understand.

I think running and hiding doesn't help the cause. If we keep hiding our guns then it's out of sight out of mind. People get used to not seeing them. Then when they do see one it's the old shock and awe. Then they automatically think you are a criminal. If guns were seen everyday on ordinary citizens then people would become more and more comfortable seeing them. So now whenever anyone sees a gun not on a cop they automatically think criminal. if people start to associate guns with legal responsible ownership we can dispel a lot of the myths about gun owners.

Last edited:
Gun owners that support restrictions of our rights hurt our cause most of all.
If all of the 80 million gun owners supported the RKBA instead of many supporting the so called common sense restrictions that they do we wouldn't be where we are today.

Did 100 round drum guy pick your pocket or break your leg? No, then STFU about it and concentrate on real issues.

If people get used to seeing the police have no reaction to these obvious outliers, then the more sane cases are accepted that much faster. This concept is exactly why the LGBT community put on such ridiculous displays in the parades -> Shock people with actual shocking behavior and they don't get so worked up over the small stuff.

I fully support his right to carry anything he wants. I am on the fence on if this advances the cause. I would wager a guess that in Atlanta, GA it may advance it if done consistently and with no criminal intent. Doing this in Logan might not have the same effect. In time the normalization of firearms openly displayed in public may spread. It also may continue to polarize the nation on guns. I may be wrong.

Awhile ago a dude with a tricorner hat carried a mosin around at MHT. (Manchester) I think some cops followed him around but they didn't give him any shit.

-Mike

A tri-corner and a Mosin? Was he confused or he just wanted to bring something that he didnt care if it confiscated?

A tri-corner and a Mosin? Was he confused or he just wanted to bring something that he didnt care if it confiscated?

He was distributing some libertarian type literature. Maybe he was carrying the mosin because he wanted something that looked kinda like a musket but he didn't have a musket?

-Mike

He was distributing some libertarian type literature. Maybe he was carrying the mosin because he wanted something that looked kinda like a musket but he didn't have a musket?

-Mike

I bet those revolutionary solders would have very gladly given their right ball for a Mosin back then! Don't think they would have cared where the guns come from.

How are you going to advance your cause by hiding in the shadows?

OCRightWrong.jpg

Don't you think a lot of people are saying you can do it under the law, but should you do it?

Absolutely. If you don't exercise your rights, the government doesn't have any hesitation of taking them away.

He gets it. Too bad more people here don't.

Why not? Are we going to walk around like we're doing something illegal by exercising our rkba? Make up your mind. You're either going to take a stand or you're going to sneak around in fear of the sheep. If more people did this, then it won't be an issue anymore.

+1

Frankly I'd rather just simply believe in his right to carry the rifle instead of believing this unicorn fairytale stuff about protecting himself against suicide bombers. If some guy comes in there with a bomb vest he's likely as good as dead anyways, but that shouldn't really impact his ability to exercise his rights.

-Mike

Agreed. Simply throwing an example out there. Surely if he did stop some jihad joe the msm would ignore it anyway or claim he was the popo in one form or another and nobody but MILEO should be so equipped.

Note to self:
Pick up latest issue of GQ before open carrying [rolleyes]

Well, in that case, enjoy living in a state that refuses to respect your rights. If you think people like those on the left (of that meme) are getting Maine's constitutional carry passed, there simply is no helping you.
If you think those Open Carry of Texas got Texas' laws changed, I don't know what to say.

If you think those Open Carry of Texas got Texas' laws changed, I don't know what to say.

Maybe you don't know what to say because somehow despite them Texas just passed handgun open carry. Kind of flies in the face of the "only hurts" argument. If their actions hurt Texas would have passed an all out open carry ban instead. But that didn't happen. Weird.

Maybe you don't know what to say because somehow despite them Texas just passed handgun open carry. Kind of flies in the face of the "only hurts" argument. If their actions hurt Texas would have passed an all out open carry ban instead. But that didn't happen. Weird.

Those two asshats didn't help things in TX. They were the exception to the open carry protesters in tx and probably got bitched out.

I am for OC of long or handguns, whatever people want. But going to an airport is an AR, drum mag is an asshat move. He's not open carrying, going about his business, he's an attention whore. That he was at the airport for long enough for the reports to go out and media arrive and interview him tells you he got what he wanted.

You are correct, "despite them", they didn't help the cause.

edit: Another analogy:

Let's say you are pro-marjijuana. You get to have one spokesman for your cause. One is a doctor, well dressed, articulate, knowledgeable on the subject.
Or Spikolie (unknown spelling) from Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Are you SERIOUSLY telling me Spikolie is the better representation for the cause? Seriously?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom