Don't Try This At Logan!

You are correct, "despite them", they didn't help the cause.

edit: Another analogy:

Let's say you are pro-marjijuana. You get to have one spokesman for your cause. One is a doctor, well dressed, articulate, knowledgeable on the subject.
Or Spikolie (unknown spelling) from Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Are you SERIOUSLY telling me Spikolie is the better representation for the cause? Seriously?

I don't like this analogy.......

Those two asshats didn't help things in TX. They were the exception to the open carry protesters in tx and probably got bitched out.

The exception. I see. So why use the exception to generalize the whole group, as M1911 likes to do?

I am for OC of long or handguns, whatever people want. But going to an airport is an AR, drum mag is an asshat move. He's not open carrying, going about his business, he's an attention whore. That he was at the airport for long enough for the reports to go out and media arrive and interview him tells you he got what he wanted.

I'm all for something BUT...

Yep. So you are NOT all for it. Always an exception. True colors. The same thing is said in every open carry thread by people who don't actually support it.

The Open Carry Texas groups absolutely did help the cause. If not for them, big attention would not have been brought to it, and handgun open carry would not have passed. Or do you think the previous 140 years where it was not legal was just a fluke? But regardless, even if it didn't help, it clearly did not hurt, not that either of those things matter anyways. Ones cause is not relevant to ones right. Thats what makes things a right, the fact they are UNCONDITIONAL.

Let's say you are pro-marjijuana. You get to have one spokesman for your cause. One is a doctor, well dressed, articulate, knowledgeable on the subject.

Are you SERIOUSLY telling me Spikolie is the better representation for the cause? Seriously?

I SERIOUSLY said nothing of the sort in any capacity yet you SERIOUSLY made up a scenario only to accuse me of something a literate person could tell was not the case. Seriously. Good try though. Considering I haven't been shy about my position I'm not sure this could possibly be just a hasty generalization.

Bad analogy, you have a choice of people eating marijuana brownies at their own home or smoking weed in Boston common. One is much more in your face the other slowly gets people used to the idea. Guess which one worked for them so far

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

This thread is circling the toilet by arguing purely semantic issues.

Georgia passed a law allowing open carry of guns in airports. Guy open carried in airport. Some of you think he is wrong because of what he carried. Disagreeing where or how is stupid: They passed the law.

Hoover, you need to get your facts straight: The guy filmed this and sent the video to news stations. Yes he absolutely did it on purpose to gain attention.

Last edited:
I agree with this except I'm not 100% sold on the long gun vs handgun distinction. Appearance is everything and dressing like a slob sends the wrong message no matter what your intention.

Hear that all you tattoo covered guys? Better dress respectably and cover up otherwise people will think you're a thug or a criminal.

Hear that all you tattoo covered guys? Better dress respectably and cover up otherwise people will think you're a thug or a criminal.

When you are trying to make a political statement, trying to convince people you are serious about something, looks matter. You are seriously delusional if you think the appearance of the messenger has no bearing on the delivery of the message.

In life books ARE judged by their covers.

This thread is circling the toilet by arguing purely semantic issues.

Georgia passed a law allowing open carry of guns in airports. Guy open carried in airport. Some of you think he is wrong because of what he carried. Disagreeing where or how is stupid: They passed the law.

Hoover, you need to get your facts straight: The guy filmed this and sent the video to news stations. Yes he absolutely did it on purpose to gain attention.

Thats exactly the point he was making. Thanks to him, now lots of people know that what he did is legal in GA. How many knew before that? So he did help out the cause after all.

The antis don't need help to fuel the flames as evidenced by all the stupid gun control proposals.

I'm actually torn on this on one hand it's nice to be able to say see the evil black gun didn't kill anyone. On the other hand kinda need to hear his side if he was looking to make a point like see is OK and no one got hurt good for him. If he's a nut and is scared of the next American attack and rolls around with one of those. Well the not a good look for the gun people. So I'm good with it if he's articulate and well spoken. If however he's a dumb hick that's a bad look and the anti's can just say well look at that crazy hill Billy can't even go to the airport with out his super super killy machine.

I honestly don't get how you people can claim to be pro 2a but sit here and bitch about how a person decided to exercise their 2a right. What's up with everyone being so judgemental? He didn't break a single law so why is this even a story?

I honestly don't get how you people can claim to be pro 2a but sit here and bitch about how a person decided to exercise their 2a right. What's up with everyone being so judgemental? He didn't break a single law so why is this even a story?

Truth is that sure it was legal but now explain what the gain was and to what cause?

Freaking out a bunch of people for no reason gets gun owners what; More stupid laws or relaxing the ones we already have stuffed up our asses.

Truth is that sure it was legal but now explain what the gain was and to what cause?

Freaking out a bunch of people for no reason gets gun owners what; More stupid laws or relaxing the ones we already have stuffed up our asses.

Open carry is legal in the PRM; Many here advocate against it, or do not practice it, as it might freak out a bunch of people for no reason.

Others say, "OC is the way to get people to get over it!"

The exercise of 2A is an individual, not collective, right, and an individual, not collective choice. That means that each person carrying makes an individual choice, as to where, when, how and what.

I hope that I'm not too darkly looked upon for not being a 24/7 carry person - I don't think less, or more, of you that are. If you want to OC in Boston, go for it - if you think that the right course is "concealed means concealed," that's fine, too.

But it is disingenuous to say, "He's hurting our cause!" when you are hurting others' causes, by YOUR choice, though you may not know what their cause is.

1) Was he breaking a law? No.
2) Was he being unsafe? No.
3) Would I have done the same thing? No.

Do we know the "eventual" fallout? No, but none of us know what our choices will lead to. I'm not going to look through all the posts of all the posters on this thread [laugh], but if any one that says the guy is doing it wrong, and has posted "IN!" to an Open Carry Bar-B-Q, that's hypocritical, IMO.

good! if more people do this the masses would be less sensitive about it.

This.^ This thread smacks of "I can't do it, so he shouldn't have." It is a completely different world down here. Case in point, at 2:30 this morning someone in my neighborhood did a 10 round mag dump. No SWAT teams, MRAPs or helicopters. No police response what so ever. I bet "raised a few eyebrows" is all he did.

That kind of shit is only shocking to people who live in places like MA. On an average morning during deer season, while all the precious little snowflakes are being bussed to school. People will be out walking the streets along the huge fields in my area with rifles in hand. It's as normal as rain down here.

Did you notice anyone yelling or screaming and running for cover?

Open carry is legal in the PRM; Many here advocate against it, or do not practice it, as it might freak out a bunch of people for no reason.

The exercise of 2A is an individual, not collective, right, and an individual, not collective choice. That means that each person carrying makes an individual choice, as to where, when, how and what.

I hope that I'm not too darkly looked upon for not being a 24/7 carry person - I don't think less, or more, of you that are. If you want to OC in Boston, go for it - if you think that the right course is "concealed means concealed," that's fine, too.

But it is disingenuous to say, "He's hurting our cause!" when you are hurting others' causes, by YOUR choice, though you may not know what their cause is.

Do we know the "eventual" fallout? No, but none of us know what our choices will lead to. I'm not going to look through all the posts of all the posters on this thread [laugh], but if any one that says the guy is doing it wrong, and has posted "IN!" to an Open Carry Bar-B-Q, that's hypocritical, IMO.

No argument from me. I can do just about anything I want on this property all fully legal. It does not mean that I invite friends over on a weekly basis, smoke pigs, cows, empty a full keg and shoot guns at will.
My neighbors up north lit off something really loud a couple of weeks ago. Did I shelter in place?? HELL NO!! I was wishing I had the energy to put my pants back on and join them.

Every time there is a thread like this the statists out themselves. Get used to it lots of them here

Bingo. Well said.

Every time there is a thread like this the statists out themselves. Get used to it lots of them here

I hate to say it, but you're 100% right. There's a lot of panties getting wadded up in the collective crotches of the day-ladies.

Thats exactly the point he was making. Thanks to him, now lots of people know that what he did is legal in GA. How many knew before that? So he did help out the cause after all.

Everyone in GA knew it was legal, they passed their "guns everywhere" law and it was a big story there. It also was a big national story which had sizable coverage on the national news stations, newspapers and cable stations.

Some idiot's irrational fear of guns is not my problem and should not interfere with my constitutional rights. What if these same idiots freak out over something you say? Would you just shut up and go away?

Some idiot's irrational fear of guns is not my problem and should not interfere with my constitutional rights. What if these same idiots freak out over something you say? Would you just shut up and go away?

Did you read the comments in the thread about the cartoon contest in Texas? The answer is a resounding YES.

Everyone in GA knew it was legal, they passed their "guns everywhere" law and it was a big story there. It also was a big national story which had sizable coverage on the national news stations, newspapers and cable stations.

So why why was he stopped several times by cops and why did the media run down there to interview him? After all everyone knew it was legal. Obviously not everyone knew about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you read the comments in the thread about the cartoon contest in Texas? The answer is a resounding YES.

Thats because only the sheep responded.

This has turned into another out yourself thread. Some of you, by my count, have outed yourselves multiple times over many threads. Good to know.

What is so hard to understand about "A Right Not Exercised Is Soon Lost"?

I remember being able to walk down the street with a rifle or shotgun and no police/swat or govt. agents surrounding me.
An everyday citizen exercising their rights to keep and bear arms does not concern me.
What concerns me is when only the police & military are the ones carrying the guns.

So why why was he stopped several times by cops and why did the media run down there to interview him? After all everyone knew it was legal. Obviously not everyone knew about it..

I would bet the cops knew about it but weren't actively thinking about it. There's also this 110% retarded, built in assumption that when someone calls the kopsch they have to "do something". Course IMO the nature of the interaction is key. If a dude is carrying a rifle around somewhere and the LEO just pings him in a friendly way to figure out that the guy isn't ****ed up/unhinged/etc that's a different ballgame than the whole "papers please" bit. I'm not even saying pinging the guy is completely reasonable, but its a way of getting the sheeple to shut up while not really doing anything other than causing a minor inconvenience to the guy carrying the gun. EG "Well we talked to the guy, he seems pretty normal and what he is doing is legal. " (with the implied statement really being, "now please, go shit in a hat, moonbat") .

-Mike

This thread, + others preceding it only show how much education needs to be done within the 2A community. And it's a good thing, if just a few defeatists (i.e it's not helping our cause) will see the other side per time this shows up - it's a good thing, IMO.

And, BTW, people can easily be trained to ignore “Assault rifles”, in Israel (where funnily enough there's a pretty strict gun control), civilians walking with AR slung on their shoulders is as exciting as watching a car go by. Wanna laugh ? Actually a pistol on your belt is more of an oddity, and friends would say “hey, that's a nice gun, let me see it”..

So, it's all relative, and – the “oh guns are not scary and AR's are bigger so they are more killy -” BS, it's all a matter of perception and what people are used to.

You, are getting used to MRAP's in the streets slowly, and to door-to-door with no warrant searches, aren't you ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom