• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Don't Try This At Logan!

Truth is that sure it was legal but now explain what the gain was and to what cause?

Freaking out a bunch of people for no reason gets gun owners what; More stupid laws or relaxing the ones we already have stuffed up our asses.

Do you support the 2a or do you just claim to? If you truly supported it you would understand it's the mans RIGHT to exercise his 2a right how ever he chooses to. If someone is bothered or offended by how someone chose to exercise their constitutional right then they need to pack up and get the **** out of this country.

Some idiot's irrational fear of guns is not my problem and should not interfere with my constitutional rights.
Or as Kelly Ayotte put it "...open carry is regarded as a Right, and though any citizen may call the police if they observe someone carrying a gun openly, that citizen's 'annoyance and alarm' does not override the Right to carry openly..." ( Office of the Attorney General, circa 2005)

Awhile ago a dude with a tricorner hat carried a mosin around at MHT. (Manchester) I think some cops followed him around but they didn't give him any shit.
Actually, they did hassle him -- for handing out newspapers, not because of his rifle.

The Litchfield PD who staff MHT are very aware of NH open carry legality.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would bet the cops knew about it but weren't actively thinking about it. There's also this 110% retarded, built in assumption that when someone calls the kopsch they have to "do something". Course IMO the nature of the interaction is key. If a dude is carrying a rifle around somewhere and the LEO just pings him in a friendly way to figure out that the guy isn't ****ed up/unhinged/etc that's a different ballgame than the whole "papers please" bit. I'm not even saying pinging the guy is completely reasonable, but its a way of getting the sheeple to shut up while not really doing anything other than causing a minor inconvenience to the guy carrying the gun. EG "Well we talked to the guy, he seems pretty normal and what he is doing is legal. " (with the implied statement really being, "now please, go shit in a hat, moonbat") .

-Mike

Based on the article it looks like it was more than pinging. They followed him to his car as well.

Would you like to clarify the make and model you claim are unreliable ?

I own several brands and the only ones that wont keep up and or jam are the chinese 120 round drums, the ones I own for the ar556 platform are firepower 75 round drum from mid 1980's it runs fine as does the 100 round beta company twin snail drum.
And the FAL drums also work fine.

Those 100 round AR drums are about as reliable as Obama telling us we're going to save $2500 on our healthcare premiums. Nice story but not the brightest bulb on the tree

Glad he got the attention he was seeking. He wasn't carrying, he was being an attention seeking idiot. He's not helpful.

Just because you may do something. doesn't mean you should. How many neutral voters did he scare??? Responsibility is key.

That is literally the worst reason ever to not exercise a right.

Oh, you have the right to open carry, but you shouldn't.

Not much of a right if you shouldn't exercise it. Keep pretending to support the 2A. If you think someone shouldn't exercise their rights it is clear you don't.

Just because you may do something. doesn't mean you should. How many neutral voters did he scare??? Responsibility is key.

Go pound sand. Honestly: Please turn in your passport, voter registration, LTC (I doubt you have this), and move back to Canada. You obviously have never read nor understood the founding principles of the country in which you currently reside.

You know what? Canada is too free for you. Ship your ass off to Sweden where those values are really "respected".

I am so sick of people who pretend to value rights and freedoms then chastise those who exercise them.

Last edited:
Some time ago, there was an issue with carry at the Atlanta airport, with the prosecutor or AG (not sure which one) announcing people would be arrested and charged for lawful carry in the non-sterile area. It looks like they lost that battle.

About two years ago, I know some people that open carried ARs and handguns during the New Years fireworks display on Hampton Beach. They dressed in everyday clothes. Think jeans, sweaters, sweatshirts, coats, etc. They were never pinged by police. Trust me they were around though; including the paddy wagon. The cops even had a plain clothes officer near them. One of the OC people spotted him from being part of the police motorcycle riders during the summer. The town manager did ask why they were carrying. The reason was stated and they had a wonderful conversation with this cordial gentleman. They watched the fireworks and then headed home.
Did the above story (which is 100% true) cause NH to deem OC illegal? Did the OC'ers get shot up, harassed , or even approached by policemen? No. Some on this board need to stop thinking every OC'er out there is an attention whore screwing with the "cause", regardless of the tool they are carrying, clothes they wear, hairstyle, or general look of the OC'er. Judging anyone based on outward appearance or what accessories they wear is a fools errand.

Go pound sand. Honestly: Please turn in your passport, voter registration, LTC (I doubt you have this), and move back to Canada. You obviously have never read nor understood the founding principles of the country in which you currently reside.

You know what? Canada is too free for you. Ship your ass off to Sweden where those values are really "respected".

I am so sick of people who pretend to value rights and freedoms then chastise those who exercise them.

I am a USMC veteran, no I won't leave and I doubt you could make me! This forum is "preaching to the choir", I get it. I'm concerned more people in more states will VOTE like Massachusetts. Oh by the way, I lived in Canada for 6 years with a Canadian Firearms Permit. Like they say "commonsense is not so common".

Truth is that sure it was legal but now explain what the gain was and to what cause?

Freaking out a bunch of people for no reason gets gun owners what; More stupid laws or relaxing the ones we already have stuffed up our asses.

There's a lot of missing the real point in this thread from what I've seen here. Part of the point, contrary to your question, is that the man carrying his rifle in the airport is not required to explain what the gain, or cause might or might not be. I don't believe the he gave any thought at all, nor should he, as to how we here on NES would react. What we think, like, or dislike, regarding his action at the airport does not alter his right to make the legal choice to carry what he chooses to carry, wherever it is legal. That anyone here on NES would question if he should carry his rifle in the airport is more of a concern to me in the overall scheme of things.

Still dont know how I feel about this issue (I see both sides of it) BUT....

Open carrying like that is akin to how the gay and lesbian groups 'normalised' there lifestlye by being so out in the open that everyone HAD to either get used to it or give up. 20 years ago seeing two guys holding hands would have caused a S-storm of problems, now no one even looks twice. The theory being that if moonbats saw random people at CVS every other day with an AR on there back eventualy they would stop complaining about it and just accept it.

Now the reality is that it may not work if you dont have the media/judges/liberal establisment/etc.. on your side but thats te idea. It worked for them, so why not us?

And yes, I know short term everytime someone does this it makes it harder for all the rest of the 2a supporters because we get cought in the knee jerk backlash, then again so did may LGBT in the 80's and 90's...

Let's start with OCed pistols and revolvers first then work our way from there.

Let's start with OCed pistols and revolvers first then work our way from there.

Yes, but that is not how the LGBT groups did it. They started off with the most extreme examples they could get away with by law (such as oc'ing a AR or AK ) so that minor examples (like oc'ing a 1911) don't even register. Not sure if it works with the liberal establishment working against you but it did work for them

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I am a USMC veteran, no I won't leave and I doubt you could make me! This forum is "preaching to the choir", I get it. I'm concerned more people in more states will VOTE like Massachusetts. Oh by the way, I lived in Canada for 6 years with a Canadian Firearms Permit. Like they say "commonsense is not so common".

Why are you concerned with how people in MA will vote about an event in Georgia?

Canada does not have a Bill of Rights, citizens do not have rights, and most assuredly do not have the right to keep and bear arms. Are they allowed to by their government? Yes. I lived there long enough to get secondary and post secondary education. You won't find many libertarians.

Common sense? Don't make me puke. No choir, no preaching: There are many here who appear to think guns should be kept inside the waistband and in the safe. Most of the country is not like that. Once upon a time it was still ok to have a functioning gun rack in the pickup. Now you have to be careful where you park that pickup, for fear of becoming a felon, even with guns locked up.

Last edited:
I see that nobody has answered my question. You rather make assumptions on my 2nd Amendment stance. Next you'll clump me in with FUDDS.

What does freaking out a bunch of non gun owners get us? A) Relaxing the current gun laws or B) Get them to pass more stupid laws.

What does freaking out a bunch of non gun owners get us? A) Relaxing the current gun laws or B) Get them to pass more stupid laws.

You need to stow your MA moonbattery and remember that this didn't happen in MA. Maybe, for 10 seconds.... or so... then it might sink in a little.

-Mike

I see that nobody has answered my question. You rather make assumptions on my 2nd Amendment stance. Next you'll clump me in with FUDDS.

What does freaking out a bunch of homophobics get the LGBT community? Might get some more anti-gay laws passed....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Why are you concerned with how people in MA will vote about an event in Georgia?

Canada does not have a Bill of Rights, citizens do not have rights, and most assuredly do not have the right to keep and bear arms. Are they allowed to by their government? Yes. I lived there long enough to get secondary and post secondary education. You won't find many libertarians.

Common sense? Don't make me puke. No choir, no preaching: There are many here who appear to think guns should be kept inside the waistband and in the safe. Most of the country is not like that. Once upon a time it was still ok to have a functioning gun rack in the pickup. Now you have to be careful where you park that pickup, for fear of becoming a felon, even with guns locked up.

Canada passed a version of civil rights about 1982. My point is I hope to prevent Georgia and other states following Massachusetts. BTW gun racks are not illegal, putting a gun in one is.

Canada passed a version of civil rights about 1982. My point is I hope to prevent Georgia and other states following Massachusetts. BTW gun racks are not illegal, putting a gun in one is.

Not to totally derail this thread, but the Canadian Human Rights Act "deals with all types of discrimination which are based on race, colour, religion, age, sex, family status" and "Its purpose is to ensure that everyone will be treated equally and to make discrimination disappear.". Soo.... yeah, it has nothing in common with our BOR and is basically equivalent to our Civil Rights Act. There are no rights to property, life, liberty, happiness, etc. in Canada.

There is NO RKBA in Canada. None because you do not have rights to property and life just against discrimination ([rolleyes]).

I said "functioning" gun rack which clearly implied that it had a gun in it or there would be no function. Common sense right?

I just feel like this applies to some peoples' mindsets in this thread.

good! if more people do this the masses would be less sensitive about it.

Wanna bet?
You're talking about the "led-by-the-nose" masses who believe whatever the Mass Media (and Twitter/Facebook/Instagram/blah blah) tell them to believe. That's why a large % of the population in Anti. Because "Dude, like, um...Guns are BAD, dude!" etc etc. People in this country have lost their ability to think for themselves and feel what THEY feel is "right".

If their "newly acquired Pro2A stance" were to get them banned or flamed on FB, Twitter etc? ..."My friends won't like me? They'll think I'm, like...like a jerk? God forbid! Oh, the horror!!"

Last edited:
The biggest threat to our cause are the gun owners that say I support the 2nd amendment "but"

I'm all for something BUT...

Yep. So you are NOT all for it. Always an exception. True colors. The same thing is said in every open carry thread by people who don't actually support it.

Not to totally derail this thread, but the Canadian Human Rights Act "deals with all types of discrimination which are based on race, colour, religion, age, sex, family status" and "Its purpose is to ensure that everyone will be treated equally and to make discrimination disappear.". Soo.... yeah, it has nothing in common with our BOR and is basically equivalent to our Civil Rights Act. There are no rights to property, life, liberty, happiness, etc. in Canada.

There is NO RKBA in Canada. None because you do not have rights to property and life just against discrimination ([rolleyes]).

I said "functioning" gun rack which clearly implied that it had a gun in it or there would be no function. Common sense right?

I was referencing they now have to give a version of the "miranada warning", 5th Amendment. They now get a phone call. etc. It's not our bill of rights, it's theirs. How would you like to be a family, foreign tour group etc, in the Atlanta Airport when this A.S.W. walks through? He makes his point, everyone else suffers. "It's all about me, F everyone else".

Last edited:
We all support the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. The Westboro Baptist Church has just been exercising their rights. The American Nazi Party marched in Skokie Illinois exercising their rights. Louis Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam marches all the time, again exercising their rights. American al qaeda has the right to demonstrate, because they have rights. A major US airport such as Atlanta Hartsfield International Airport which survives on International travel has to accomodate various groups all enjoying their rights. BUT. is it worth it if a family FEELS victimized when you exercise your rights?? What about their rights to feel safe in their surroundings? Next time there is an election, watch out! You won the battle, BUT lost the war.

We all support the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. The Westboro Baptist Church has just been exercising their rights. The American Nazi Party marched in Skokie Illinois exercising their rights. Louis Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam marches all the time, again exercising their rights. American al qaeda has the right to demonstrate, because they have rights. A major US airport such as Atlanta Hartsfield International Airport which survives on International travel has to accomodate various groups all enjoying their rights. BUT. is it worth it if a family FEELS victimized when you exercise your rights?? What about their rights to feel safe in their surroundings? Next time there is an election, watch out! You won the battle, BUT lost the war.

The family has no right to feel safe. None.

This is what we deal with in the PRM every day: People who think they have the "right to feel safe". That is the biggest argument FOR gun control and it is a farce.

What about the right of the guy with the rifle to feel safe in his? When does the "right" of an Anti to "feel safe" outweigh the right of an person to "Feel safe", by carrying (whatever - OC, CC, or slung)?

I see your point - yes, a scary rifle may scare the sheep. But the Nazis an al Quaeda that you mention scare me - can I make them go away?

Back
Top Bottom