• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Don't pu tommorrow

After reading the article, this isn’t anything that anybody should be arrested over, but it should be no surprise that some people came to talk to him.

Howell Township Police told Fox News Wednesday morning that the juvenile was charged with False Public Alarm and Possession of an Imitation Firearm.​

There's so much fail in this story my tooth cracked reading it.

Kid posts a dumbass message that could be construed as threatening to be a school shooter. Cops called. I'm good with this so far. This isn't my 10 year old posting a video of shooting a 12 gauge and having fun - this is a buttstock of a "rifle" and a message not to do something. I'm pretty laid back, but if my kids showed me this picture from their feed they wouldn't be going to school unarmed and I'd be calling on it also.

Cops determine it isn't a real gun and isn't a threat. I'm kinda lost - is it not a threat because it wasn't a gun? Or was it not a threat because he was saying not to pop up when playing airsoft because the got a new toy gun and it's really accurate? I don't know what the f#@k "PU" means, so what was the kid saying?

So we have a not real gun, and a not threatening post, and a kid arrested? WTF?

From AHM's post above, I "think" it was a "real" threat without any capability to implement. So he was arrested for making a threat, even though he couldn't have carried it off? If that's the case, I'm actually good with this.

"Possession of an imitation firearm" - WTF? Now we're back to bullshit land.

This is not rocket surgery.

If someone sticks up a bank using a replica,
do you want them going down for Armed Robbery,
or Robbery Via Strong Personality?

OK - maybe reading the actual law would stop ignorant outbursts - but THIS IS THE INTERNET!!! Where we're all free to yell and facts don't matter.

I thought NJ had banned toy guns.

OK - maybe reading the actual law would stop ignorant outbursts - but THIS IS THE INTERNET!!! Where we're all free to yell and facts don't matter.
Oh, I won't be surprised if some principled person emerges from
the NES woodwork with a detailed argument why
sticking up a bank with a replica ought to constitute a far less serious crime.
Frankly I felt edgy floating that it is nonserious.

ETA: And absent some Buzz Killington trotting out the actual text of the actual charges,
I especially can't blame anyone for getting a hair up their grommet over the story.

Frankly, I went searching in the hopes that the charges were legit matches
of the actual behaviour to the actual law, so that I didn't have to tromp around
upset about putative fascist state nonsense overcharging.

I thought NJ had banned toy guns.
Doubtless a two-step process:
  1. Declare all toy guns to be real guns.
  2. Ban all real guns.

Why are you aiming at those trees? (Blue).

With all those trees, it won't be easy to use a scope.

View attachment 550315
Hard to tell from the photo, but I’m on a steep hillside with trees, the bottom of the hill there is a large open area and then a river. I had 180 degree plus of visibility, some obstructions but good enough for several shots. I have gotten two deer at this spot in the past, it’s a good spot. No perfect spots around here!!

So ...

If cops do nothing and it turns out to be a real gun and a bunch of kids die, NES would be f*cking pissed they ignored it (see every other mass shooting thread).

If cops react to a possible threat, it turns out it wasn't a threat but you couldn't tell by the picture, then what does NES think about that?
I am not defending or accusing anyone in my post. I am asking a question.
Once the cops realized it wasn't a real gun they should've treated it like the old days, scare the shit out of him(and his parents) by telling him what he could be facing and so long as the mother isn't around go over some options with the kid and dad.

Option 1. We take the airsoft gun, arrest you, you go to jail and you get your shit pushed in for a bit and by 20yrs old you'll be wearing diapers cause you've got a blown out o-ring.
Option 2. We take the airsoft gun, punch you in the dick for being a dumbass(lessons learned in pain), you go on probation for a bit and we never speak of this again.

Why are you aiming at those trees? (Blue).
Tree Pop.

Once the cops realized it wasn't a real gun they should've treated it like the old days, scare the shit out of him(and his parents) by telling him what he could be facing and so long as the mother isn't around go over some options with the kid and dad.
Choices, choices...

Would he have been charged with making a threat if he had a bushel of bananas by his feet instead of a gun?

I always wondered if a robber goes into a bank holding a banana or a pop tart like a gun, if that is considered armed robbery.

I have heard of assault with a ham sandwich which is what the police said after the victim had a sandwich thrown at them.

Also, why do these kids make threats that they can’t follow through with?

They look like fools no matter what.

Where's Obie1 when you need him? Seriously, "tommorow"? What are they teaching kids in school these days?

And what the fck is "pu"? Why is this a "credible threat"?

Ah the voice of authority, (bolding added by me):
"He was found to be in possession of an AirSoft rifle, wrote Police Chief Andrew Kudrick on Facebook. "The same one depicted in the photo. Although not a real firearm it certainly is identical to an actual rifle."
I'm still here--just retired. I've concluded I can no longer readily correct correct the egregious grammatical/spelling of the hoi polloi. I'm afraid the ignorati have won.

I'm still here--just retired. I've concluded I can no longer readily correct correct the egregious grammatical/spelling of the hoi polloi. I'm afraid the ignorati have won.
BTW, looking at your .signature -
how do you like the new State Seal?

4toslj.jpg

Would he have been charged with making a threat if he had a bushel of bananas by his feet instead of a gun?

I always wondered if a robber goes into a bank holding a banana or a pop tart like a gun, if that is considered armed robbery.

I have heard of assault with a ham sandwich which is what the police said after the victim had a sandwich thrown at them.

Also, why do these kids make threats that they can’t follow through with?

They look like fools no matter what.
Mama Cass was lethally assaulted with a ham sandwich. They executed her attacker.

Back
Top Bottom