• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Don't point the 40 on route 9 and then bring it on campus.

Once again, a PD charges "possession on school property" totally ignoring the "on one's person" constraint included in 269-10j.

Oh look, it's another NES "out yourself thread".

In before the first Ma$$#@le ignorantly writes "PSGWSP.

Oh look, it's another NES "out yourself thread".

In before the first Ma$$#@le ignorantly writes "PSGWSP.

Wait, Im confused here. Are you suggesting young Ian acted appropriately?

- - - Updated - - -

Once again, a PD charges "possession on school property" totally ignoring the "on one's person" constraint included in 269-10j.

You missed the "assault and battery" charge. Assault? Yes all day. I missed the battery part.

From the article, it sounds like the kid talked himself into the arrest--then again, you have to be pretty stupid to brandish a gun in a fit of road rage to begin with.

Also, I call BS on this whole thing--the guy is from Allston, and we all know that Boston doesn't issue unrestricted LTCs. Therefore, it would have been impossible for him to be carrying [rolleyes]

Wait, Im confused here. Are you suggesting young Ian acted appropriately?

- - - Updated - - -

You missed the "assault and battery" charge. Assault? Yes all day. I missed the battery part.
No, I didn't miss it.

I just noted this one specific charge was bogus.

The article didn't mention it, but reading between the lines of what I assume is his FB page, he seems to be a veteran. Possibly saw combat in Afghanistan.

"Beagan was taken into custody and charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and possessing a firearm on school property"

I have never understood when assault morphed from actual violence against a person to the threat of violence against a person.

"Beagan was taken into custody and charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and possessing a firearm on school property"

I have never understood when assault morphed from actual violence against a person to the threat of violence against a person.

At least 500, 600 years ago. Assault is the threat of kicking someone's ass. Battery is kicking someone's ass. Traditionally they were separately charged crimes.

At least 500, 600 years ago. Assault is the threat of kicking someone's ass. Battery is kicking someone's ass. Traditionally they were separately charged crimes.

I think that it is interpreted differently now. Under MA law, even if you throw a punch at someone and miss, it is considered an assault. In general, assault can be attempting to use physical force or demonstrating an intention to use physical force. In this case, I'm assuming that the assault arose from showing or pointing the Glock in the direction of the other driver (and perhaps, even flipping the bird).

Battery is the deliberate touching of the victim in a way to cause bodily harm or touching without the victim's consent. In this case, most likely the battery charge will be dropped if he never actually touched the other driver, but this is MA, so who knows.

IANAL, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express many years ago in Atlanta, GA.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...cY10p9N-6qBP8qy9A&sig2=Zl9dMPWcDwaIQTHgsp2vYw

Back
Top Bottom