does it really take that long for NRA to post your scores?

mac1911

NES Member
I shot 3 80 round XTC @ reading
2013 league match 5/18/2013 719.005
2012 league 5/19/2012 661.003 and 7/14/2012 671.006
When I enter my nra number there is still no listings?

Also are there temporary classification books @ reading that I can pick up June 17th that my past scores could be logged in. I am going to play in some local 200 yard matches and I am getting classed in masters because I have no official classification.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Have you tried contacting the NRA to see if they have in fact received the scores? If they have then the issue is with them. If no scores were turn in then please contact me and I will see if I can locate the scores and provide you with a copy for future use.

No have not contacted nra. I actually just checked again recently to see as I'm getting my stuff ready for reading. I printed out the results pages from my scores @ reading and the 2 50 shot matches late last year.

dont forget, you're allowed to keep a scorebook/logbook.

you know your scores and what level you're at. take the average, and enter the match in that class if you want.

you can "elect" to enter into any (higher) class you like (except high master) (IE a sharpshooter can enter as an expert, but a master cant enter as a sharpshooter).

your logbook would be sufficient for local matches to enter an appropriate classification.

dont forget, you're allowed to keep a scorebook/logbook.

you know your scores and what level you're at. take the average, and enter the match in that class if you want.

you can "elect" to enter into any (higher) class you like (except high master) (IE a sharpshooter can enter as an expert, but a master cant enter as a sharpshooter).

your logbook would be sufficient for local matches to enter an appropriate classification.
I have kept track of my scores and dates. Last 2 matches I was at they looked me up on NRA nothing there. So they just enter me in masters.

Last edited:
really? at a 200yd reduced course? Enter as a Sharpshooter. that WILL be your initial classification based on those scores (85%). if they question you on it, show them the logbook. if they fight you on it, just deal with it. its in the NRA rulebook that you're allowed to use a scorebook to enter a temporary classification (just packed mine, heading to NC in a couple hours), ill dig it out when we check into the hotel and check for the exact rule.

if they're running matches as registered/approved reduced course matches, then they have to follow their own rules.

Ok so I been keeping more scores printed on the back of my clip board not a log book if it matters.
As for the local club near my house I have no idea if they are approved/ registered or what not. I just like to shoot. I do not get to shoot often. I shot the 3 matches at reading and 3 last year locally. Other than that I shoot my garand @ 100 yd shoot at another club....which is far from a match. I shoot posistions and been keeping in the low 400s.
Don't worry seems cmp is just as bad checked for results from a few vintage matches I shot....nope no records there either...match dates are their but no results.....
Thank you for your help.
I think the guys locally just like busting my chops...

Maybe I'm wrong... NRA classification is after 120 shots or has this changed? If so after my 2 80 shots in 2012 @ reading I should have my classification. I did not get a temporary classification/log book @ my first match?
Although I have a data book I have not used it for my personal records. I am just getting to a point where I feel less distracted from shooting trying to keep a log.
I figured after 3 matches and almost 2 years my nra classification would be there?

Last edited:
NRA says scores never submitted?

Maybe I did not under stand. I was under the impression my scores shot at the reading league shoot would be submitted to NRA for classification.
NRA says scores where not ?

Mr. Maclellan,

We have no record of the scores from these Leagues being submitted.

Please don't hestitate contacting me with any questions you might have.

Kevil Szedlock

Competitors' Liaison

Competitive Shooting Division

[email protected]

Are the League scores turned in as they are shot, or are they turned in as a group at the end of the season? If it's the latter, I bet that's where the snag is. Something got lost in the shuffle.

Are the League scores turned in as they are shot, or are they turned in as a group at the end of the season? If it's the latter, I bet that's where the snag is. Something got lost in the shuffle.
Possible but it means 2012 been lost a long time......at this point I give up. Just going to shoot. I will be up to reading on the 17th and hope to get back at least 1 if not 2 more times.
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom