• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Do you have a gun in your House

Some good points all around. My wife went to a new doctor a few years back. The doctor asked if she felt depressed, the wife said, "Sometimes" (this was 3 months after her 35 year old brother died) and the doctor, with no additional information, first visit, offered my wife a prescription for Zoloft. That was her first and last visit to the doctor.

Sadly, we are approaching, and will soon be, a society where every single detail of our lives are not only monitored, but documented and detailed, and to be held against you. As you have pointed out, declining to answer is an admission of guilt, so you *must* lie in order to avoid detection. Lying on official medical documents is now a federal crime(or will be), and you're toast.

My family doctor doesn't comment on my weight, my fitness, my stress levels, or anything else. Drop 20 pounds while training for Ironman? Ok. Drop 20 pounds for no apparent reason? Ok. Gain 20 pounds? You might want to work on that. This has been the family doctor for a long time. But hey, no guns, no drugs or needle sharing, no unprotected er, you know, with, well, you know, and so on. If he's going to ask, I'm going to ... oh, you won't get me on that one. [wink]

Let me ask everyone this. Has a doctor asked you what you do for work? When I was asked this (many years ago) I told him both sources of income. When that wasn't enough he asked what was the primary source of income. That's when I decided to stop ALL non relevant lines of questions. How I make my money was not his concern. Neither is what I kept under my pillow, or who is on the pillow next to me isn't his business. Lesson learned, keep all business relationships strictly business. Refuse to answer anything not directly related to the matter at hand or at least answer them with a question. What are your concerns with firearms? Why do you need to know what I do? Make them justify that they need to know and are not entitled to the info. If he comes back with "Well, I like to test gun owners for lead exposure periodically", or "Do you do any heavy lifting at your work?" you may choose to share more info.

Just my 2 cents.
My doctor knows what I do as I had to go in for a work related injury two years ago. Where the work is? Helllllllz no.

Let me ask everyone this. Has a doctor asked you what you do for work?
Yes, my doctor has and that is germane to my health. I work as a software developer at a research lab and as such have certain health risks (bad back, overuse injuries in arms and hands, potential exposure to chemical and pathogens, sedentary lifestyle) that I might not have in other fields. Back when I was working as a civil engineer, I had other risks (sun exposure, foot problems due to a lot of time spent standing, etc.).

because conceal means "conceal" I will always say no...

[h=3]con·ceal/kənˈsēl/[/h]
Verb:

1. Keep from sight; hide.
  2. Keep (something) secret; prevent from being known or noticed: "love that they had to conceal from others".

Back
Top Bottom